• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Valiums and mixing with alcohol/mdma/ketamine

Surfing765

Greenlighter
Hey guys, first time poster. I’ve recently been prescribed valiums because of mild panic attacks. To be honest I milked it a bit because I also enjoy taking them recreationally with a few drinks.

My main questions is, at what point does it become dangerous? Today I’ve taken 4 or 5, 5mg tablets over the course of about 8 hours, sometimes taking one at a time and sometime taking 2 within 30 minutes of each other. I’ve also have 2 or 3 small bumps of ketamine and halved a regular sized cap of mdma with a friend. I’ve also been drinking scotch whiskey over the same period. I can’t pinpoint exactly how much I’ve drunk but I’m definitely not completely shitfaced, I just feel happy and zen.

Pretty much, I’d just like a somewhat clear message of what level of mixing these kind of drugs puts me into the danger zone.

I definitely don’t plan on doing this long term, the main reason it’s happening now is because I’ve tested positive to covid, but I’m completely asymptomatic and im bored as fuck at home.

As some extra info, I’m 30, weigh between 68-70kg and surf almost every day, so I’d say I’m relatively fit and healthy. Don’t know if this plays any role in anyones answers.

Love to hear what anyone has to say.

Cheers,
Miles =]

Last edited:
Welcome to BL!

Ok yes, you're combining valium, alcohol and ketamine? Even if it's just low dose, this can get VERY VERY dangerous on a number of levels VERY quickly.

First, alcohol and benzos is a pleasant but EXTREMELY dangerous combo. Not in terms of health per se, but this combo will get you into legal or personal trouble eventually. It's not if, it's when. Most of the times I've been arrested I was high on alcohol + benzos. You do insanely stupid dangerous stuff, ruin relationships, drive drunk, etc. (if you think you do stupid things while blackout drunk... its 3x worse with benzos on top) It's going to completely jack up your tolerance to both. Soon you will need 50mg of valium to even feel anything. This combo completely FUCKS your gaba receptors. I do enjoy this combo, but very very sparingly. Do not do this combo every day, and if you do, keep it to 2-3 beers max.

Second, I advise you to LEAVE THE K OUT if you are on benzos and alcohol. This can lead to a fatal overdose very easily. K potentiates other CNS depressants, it's an anesthetic.

I'm not gonna lie my friend, you are playing with fire here. This is polydrug abuse, I do it too, I'm a polyaddict.

This is something that will spiral out of control very quickly.

I would just tone it down a bit, stop combining them all the time, or combine less of them.

Do benzos + MDMA, or mdma + K, but stop combining all of them.

and please do not combine valium + alcohol + K, this is a deadly combination. I had a near fatal OD on that nearly exact same combo about a year ago. Alcohol, xanax, lil bit of K and a bit of opioids = almost died. Thought I was safe because it was all low dose. Nope. This is why you NEVER combine multiple downers at once.

I'm not trying to scare you, but that's the reality of it. Been there done that. It's just not worth it. Plus, if you combine less, you just have more drugs for the next day! :)

Merry Christmas and stay safe!

Last edited:
Cheers for the promt
Cheers for the prompt response. I most definitely do NOT plan on doing this long term whatsoever. I've just done it tonight because it was being passed around, I really didn't think much of it.

I only posted because I came and sat at my pc and decided to have another valium and drink after everyone else had gone to bed, and thought to myself “how far could i push this?”(Theoretically) But as i mentioned previously i have no intention to push it to the limits, I’m just genuinely intrigued as to what dosages of each becomes dangerous/lethal. There is no way I could EVER see myself taking 50mg of valium and then mixing in K+MD.

I saw another post somewhere that said a lethal dose of diazepam is 2000mg???? I'm assuming this is when you have taken nothing else.

How Much Valium is Too Much?
“Just how much Valium would it take to overdose? As alluded, any milligram amount above the prescribed amount is, technically speaking, an overdose. However, even at 1,000 times the recommended dose — upwards of 2,000 mg — Valium is typically not lethal for adults.”

I take recreational drugs(K and MD) semi-regularly, definitely no more than 1-2 times per month, and then when I wake up hungover I'll usually have 10mg, and RARELY 15mg of valium to cope with the hangxiety.

Are you saying that the biggest dangers arise as you start to build tolerance, and therefore start to increase dosages to dangerous levels?
response. I most defintely

I most definitely do NOT plan on doing this long term whatsoever.
Good, and you clearly already have some common sense about drug use safety which is awesome. Tho I gotta be "that guy" and say that nobody plans on becoming an addict ;)

I saw another post somewhere that said a lethal dose of diazepam is 2000mg???? I'm assuming this is when you have taken nothing else.
This is true but rather misleading. You cannot overdose simply from benzos no matter how much you take, you would just go into a coma for a few days.

HOWEVER, this rule goes right out the window when you add any drug which causes respiratory depression. If you took 1000mg of valium, you're OK, but if you added 1 beer or 1 bump of K - dead.

I take recreational drugs(K and MD) semi-regularly, definitely no more than 1-2 times per month, and then when I wake up hungover I'll usually have 10mg, and RARELY 15mg of valium to cope with the hangxiety.

Are you saying that the biggest dangers arise as you start to build tolerance, and therefore start to increase dosages to dangerous levels?
response. I most defintely

Your use is very reasonable.

Yeah, that's one of the dangers. specifically alcohol + valium is going to make your tolerance go up 3-4x faster than just valium alone. And that's when addiction sinks it's bloody fangs into you, grabs.

Thanks for the info! I think i sent you a DM. Not really sure how this website work but id love to chat with you over voice in discord one day if you are ever down. Its 230am for me so im going to sleep now. Stay safe and merry christmas. xx

Thanks for the info! I think i sent you a DM. Not really sure how this website work but id love to chat with you over voice in discord one day if you are ever down. Its 230am for me so im going to sleep now. Stay safe and merry christmas. xx

join us! we have a little discord group here

gotta go hang out with the fam, ttyl

Festivus !