• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium Withdrawal

Calipo

Greenlighter
Hi,

How long will it take for Valium withdrawal to take place after stopping taking it?

I have been taking it for about 5 days now and I'm planning to stop tomorrow. My daily dose has been around 20mg. Will I get withdrawals?

Most likely not. That is a short time taking them and a moderate dose. I have been on clonazepam 3 mg a day for 4 years. It doesn't feel nice to run out. Please don't get addicted to Benzos unless absolutely last resort from a doctor not on the street. Basically you wont really feel anything I believe because Diazepam have like 4 active metabolites. temazepam, being one of them. Also its 200 hr half life makes it ideal to quit benzos or alcohol. Just take a break for a while and keep your dose 20mg a day or less. Also I have been on a 20 mg rxed dose before and skipped days taking it because it works for so long.

You shouldn't experience any withdrawal whatsoever. Assume that you won't have any problems. Performing anything like a gradual taper would only be a disservice to you as you're not dependent.