• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Valium: Sleeping a LOT after detox.

billyj

Bluelighter
Tapered off xanax and replaced with mega doses of Valium and then did a rapid taper off that. No pills for two weeks now. I feel perfectly fine and sober, I've had really no unpleasant withdrawal symptoms at all. But the only thing is my sleep at night: I'm in bed by 8.30PM, fast asleep by 9PM, and sleeping like a LOG until about 7AM. Then I wake feeling groggy and could go back to sleep for the rest of the day (by the time I get up and about and get to work, I feel fine for the day).

What kinda doses were you taking, a lot of people have trouble sleeping when they get off downers so in a sense you could consider yourself lucky.

Could it be depression?

No, I don't feel depressed at all. I feel fine, emotionally. In truth I've always suspected that fundamental sleep deprivation - passing out from benzos rather than having a natural, complete sleep cycle - is why I get so fagged out after months or a year taking benzos. So maybe I'm catching up on lost zzzzzs. But I've come through detox before and not had this particular symptom. For a week now, I have been in an extremely deep sleep for 9-10 hours each night and wake up feeling unrested and groggy, until I get moving and get the day underway. Maybe just getting older.