• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium *Recreational* Dosage

Definitely don't mix booze with it, just take a little more. I've had a friend stash things in semi built speaker boxes for no good reason and then not remember he had even done it. So hide your goodies.

all you need is a 10mg tablet to feel a nice euphoric warmth of valium...i weigh 150lbs, no alcohol/benzo tolerance...and i do feel on the heavy side still like i should of only took 5mg

Valium effects everyone differently... i can take 15 mg. and feel nothing, my friends can feel it heavy on 10 mg... some it takes 40 and they barely feel it... POINT IS... after about 25-30 mg diazepam, taking any more- you really cant do anything except cause yourself to crash out sometime soon and wake up maybe 8-20 hrs later...
* if 15 doesnt do much for you on your first time... taking 25+ really wont next time bro-

I've always thought this the most wonderful quote relating to Valium> "It was her personal favorite among tranquilizers; Like Chanel No. 5, it is both classic and modern at the same time". Truer words were never spoken. I've tried all the benzos, and Valium is the one I always turn to in time of need.

That said, Klonazepam (Rivitrol or Klonopin) has a lot going for it, too. 0.5 mg, of Klonazepam is about the same as 10 mg of Valium, and lasts about as long. I read a survey once that stated that Klonopin was the number one drug people would choose for if they were stranded on a deserted island.

I don't care for the short acting benzos, Like Xanax or Ativan. While they do kick in fast, they also leave your body very quickly, and can give rebound anxiety due to the abrut stopping of the drug's effect. .

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned how difficult the withdrawals are if you use them long term. If you are taking any Benzo for more than a few weeks, you'll get rebound anxiety if you don't taper off slowly. And if you're using something like Xanax ir Ativan, it's best to switch to Valium for your taper, as the first two are short acting, and both Valium and Klonopin are long acting. It makes for an easier withdrawal.

Many people treat this class of drugs like they're candy. I have a healthy respect for them. They're very useful, but can bite you on the ass if you are not careful.

Keep in mind 2mg alprazolam = 40 mg diazepam. generally i find that i have to consume at least 30mg diazepam to get the desired "no worries mate" benzo effects.

wungchow said:
Keep in mind 2mg alprazolam = 40 mg diazepam. generally i find that i have to consume at least 30mg diazepam to get the desired "no worries mate" benzo effects.

Also keep in mind the half-life of each drug. Alpraz has a half-life of 6-12 hours, while Valium has a half life of 20-100 hours. For long term users, this means that withdrawals can come on faster and harder with Alpraz and similar meds. There are many comparison charts to be found on the net. I have found Dr. Heather Ashton's to be the most reliable for this, and benzos in general. Hope this was informative.

Old post, but I take them for muscle spasms and take 2-4 at a time. 2 if drinking and 4 if I'm not. You develop a tolerance and it's extremely possible to die from benzodiazepine withdrawal.
Be careful and taper off to prevent seizures and the very real potential of a dirt nap.
Stay safe and smart.