Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Valium question

SilentRoller

Bluelighter
Hi guys,
Stupid question but hear me out. I’ve used 20mg Diaz for 3 days in a row. I’m now out of benzos which is great

my question is, will I experience any WDs or rebound insomnia/anxiety? Just wondering what I’m in for.

I'm no expert on this topic, but my personal experience tells me: No. At least nothing that isn't realatively easy to handle or sit out. Amount and duration is not long enough for serious WDs, imo. Or course, if you had anxiety to begin with, this will return. Do you have a history with benzo (ab)use? Not sure if this would be a relevant factor.

Greetings

I'm with bongdong (whatever the hell that is :p ), no worries mate.
Once the diazepam wears off you may or may not feel any different but if any rebound does appear it will be short lived and super mild. Just my experiences.
Best and glad to hear someone has respect for the dangers associated with benzo use.
Ptah

Hi guys,
Stupid question but hear me out. I’ve used 20mg Diaz for 3 days in a row. I’m now out of benzos which is great

my question is, will I experience any WDs or rebound insomnia/anxiety? Just wondering what I’m in for.

I don't think you'll have any withdrawal. Rebound insomnia/anxiety? Hard to say. I mean you could experience that just as placebo from knowing you don't have the Valium.

But no I don't think you'll have any serious withdrawal from only 3 days use. :)

Thanks for the replies guys. I don’t have a history of benzo abuse. I just get them in if I’m going to use a stir. The last time I used coke a while ago, I think I must have used 90mg over a 5 day party. Not all in one day, just spread out throughout a week - very rare for me. Realised that was silly so took a few weeks off and had no problems.

Only reason Valium happened now was due to mate bringing coke round. I’ve now learnt no more coke and I can imagine it would be very easy to develop both cocaine and a benzo addiction at the same time!

Had my final 10mg this afternoon (forgot there was one left so round off weekend as have work tomorrow and want to sleep well.

So 65mg Valium over 4 days sounds awful now I think about it :/. Glad I’m out of them!

I’m just hoping next week goes well and it leaves my system with issue! I suppose I’ll know by Wednesday (3 days in)

Only reason Valium happened now was due to mate bringing coke round. I’ve now learnt no more coke and I can imagine it would be very easy to develop both cocaine and a benzo addiction at the same time!

Yep it's pretty common for people to end up hooked on benzos if they use them for comedowns too frequently. If you do coke daily and take a couple Valium for the comedown you will end up with tolerance to both and ultimately physical dependence on the Vallies.

But doing 20mg per day for three days won't cause you any issues mate. Even an NHS GP can give out a one month supply of Valium. Unless someone has a history of benzo addiction that's usually not long enough to develop a habit.

Also good on ya for realising it could turn into an issue and stopping it before it does for real. That's sensible drug use that is.

Only thing I'd say for the future is there is currently plenty of fake Valium going around the UK that's even in fake Actavis blister packs. This usually contains flubromazolam or flualprazolam, both of which are far more potent than diazepam and have far more potential to cause issues. If you're getting your Vals off a dealer watch out for that.

And if you were to use a more potent shorter acting benzo like Xanax for your comedowns you'd probably get a bit of rebound even if you only used them for comedowns for a few days. Luckily Valium (real ones containing actual diazepam) is very forgiving compared to more potent benzos especially the short acting ones like Xanax. Since it's gentle and long lasting it does kind of taper you like @Asante said.

Hi guys,

This is shit to nothing.

You seem to worry about a lot of a few drugs you take.

Why do you bother?

Freddie Starr went deep on valium - ended up pouring a full box of kellogs frosties into a washing up bowl, chucking in 3 pints of milk and having at it.

Thanks for the cheerful response SHM. Love you always <3
Dont worry, that wont be a problem. Just remember some benzos like Diazepam have a very long half life. So if you been taking some 2weeks ago your Body will already be accustomed with em and you will still have traces left....careful!

Freddie Starr went deep on valium - ended up pouring a full box of kellogs frosties into a washing up bowl, chucking in 3 pints of milk and having at it.
You wrote Lemmy was on 7 G.of Speed DAILY OVER YEARS!!!! He did drink alot but you sure thats not just a rumor???

im pretty sure Lemmys prodigious in take of speed is well documented and he didnt hide it. so i think its true

You wrote Lemmy was on 7 G.of Speed DAILY OVER YEARS!!!! He did drink alot but you sure thats not just a rumor???

I think Mick Wall says in the Lemmy bio that he was on 3g of speed a day but in the "dead rock stars" podcast he says "you have to remember, this was a man who was on half a gallon of whisky a day, 7g of speed, joints and that was before he went out at night". Fast Eddie said "Lemmy couldn't do without the speed, trying to get him out of bed without any was a fucking nightmare - he was the same in Hawkwind"

After Lemmy had all his health problems and he was near the end someone he knew said "At least you arn't taking speed anymore" and Lemmy said "No, I am" his friend asked "for gods sake why?" and Lemmy said "Because it makes me happy"

I think Mick Wall says in the Lemmy bio that he was on 3g of speed a day but in the "dead rock stars" podcast he says "you have to remember, this was a man who was on half a gallon of whisky a day, 7g of speed, joints and that was before he went out at night". Fast Eddie said "Lemmy couldn't do without the speed, trying to get him out of bed without any was a fucking nightmare - he was the same in Hawkwind"

After Lemmy had all his health problems and he was near the end someone he knew said "At least you arn't taking speed anymore" and Lemmy said "No, I am" his friend asked "for gods sake why?" and Lemmy said "Because it makes me happy"
Thanks! Gotta read that Bio. Whered you get it from?? I was amused to find out just a few years ago that Motorhead is brit slang for a speedhead. Was he on amph or methamph.??
Cuz if the latter he would be a medical wonder.

Mick Walls book "Lemmy" at amazon - worth reading. He says the longest he ever stayed awake was on the old liquid methamphetamine chloride - 9 days. I think he liked meth and speed. Dave Navarro said in the lemmy doc "Lemmy was heavy duty - the first time I met him he offered me methamphetamine to snort off his knife"

My favourite story is Nick Kent - an old rock journalist went to sleep in a squat in london and woke up and went downstairs and there was Lemmy with 3 germans doing a speed deal. Lemmy said "Nick, come and have a taste of this" and Nick said he was up for 3 days. Lemmy just said "Thorough the germans"