• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium high??

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
I'm planning on taking 20-30mgs of Valium this weekend with a group of my friends.

I've done xanax three times and I love the high but I've been told Valium is similar, except you'll go right to sleep.
I definitely want to avoid that and try to enjoy being up with my friends. So is it not a good idea???
What should I expect if I take Valium, or mix with Xanax and a few drinks?

I'm planning on taking 20-30mgs of Valium this weekend with a group of my friends.

I've done xanax three times and I love the high but I've been told Valium is similar, except you'll go right to sleep.
I definitely want to avoid that and try to enjoy being up with my friends. So is it not a good idea???
What should I expect if I take Valium, or mix with Xanax and a few drinks?
Yeah they are similar apart from Xanax hits harder and shorter, Valium smoother and longer.. Unless taking Benzo's will increase your quality of life significantly and you've tried every other alternative then....

Honestly, my advice would be don't take them anymore, especially drinking on them, as this will be a train wreck in the making.

Benzos are not very recreational drugs(for most ppl at least),great for carefree,anxyolytic effects but not really a drug you wanna take before a party.

Now if Xanax had any recreational value for you,diazepam will have significantly less.Its no coincidende that long term benzo users replace their benzo of choice with diazepam,its longer acting and doesnt have noticeable high.Its like methadone for heroin(diazepam could be the methadone of the benzo family).

On the other hand,i wouldnt mix 2 benzos together and mixing them with alcohol is ill advised as well,so id prefer to have a different,more "party like" drug to be taken,and if thats impossible,id stick to Xanax.

I loved Valium when I first took it. Can't describe the effects but something similar to Soma (probably because it's also a minor muscle relaxant). I hate Xanax, and if I liked it, I probably would hate the duration. It was pretty much just a sleeping pill for me and the couple times that I did take it, it made perfect sense that it was an anti-anxiety EPISODE drug, because that's probably where its effect comes in the most handy. Valium however was very enjoyable for me, the most out of any of the traditional benzos.

Had some 5 and then 10 mg tablets. Would take a variable amount and just feel numb and slightly contented. The perfect drug to take if you're having one of those days where you just want to lay around and watch the Back to the Future trilogy or something (which is what I did).

However, I can't recommend Valium (or any other benzo) at all because the amount of time that the working effect really lasts is SO short. After three weeks I found myself angry that the dose I was taking was doing almost nothing that it was doing just 15 days ago.

So while taking 30mgs again isn't going to hurt you, you probably should stop after that. Benzos give you the absolute worst whiplash if you become even just a little dependent on them - like potentially a withdrawal that lasts 10x as long as however long you took them. When I say "stop", I mean with the Xanax too...any benzo, if you've only taken them a handful of times.

Also, never mix benzos with alcohol. Ever. Especially since 20-30mgs is going to be a lot for someone who has only taken benzos a few times. Wait until you can't feel the Valium anymore, then wait like an hour after that, then you can drink.

Be safe man. Benzos are the worst if you get stuck on them.

If you are trying to take them recreationally then I think 20-30mg is probably too much, especially if your going to be around people. I think the biggest issue is going to be you falling asleep, I doubt anything bad will happen if you take them on their own other then you passing out and not being able to stay awake regardless of how much you want to. Mixing them with alcohol will only exacerbate the issue. Also you should be very careful with mixing the two as combining benzos with other depressants is how people die. I would take 5-10mg to start just to see where that takes you, though benzos can be very subtle and may lead to taking more until your drowsy and fall asleep.

I dont see them adding much to a recreational experience, especially if you are trying to party. Everyone is different though and I personally never found benzos good for anything other then sleep and just laying around watching TV quietly.

Falling asleep would be the biggest issue I see if you don't have a tolerance to them. 20-30mg's is a rather hefty dose with no tolerance. Mixing it with alcohol is (most likely) going to be a recipe for disaster, from blacking out. The issue of CNS depressants + CNS depressants. In my opinion benzodiazepines aren't very recreational, but some do, so your mileage my vary. I'd rather just save them and just take some and just relax one day watching movies, reading, or just relaxing in general.

you're probably going to fall asleep, and then your friends will draw dicks all over you.

somebody's gotta do it!

I'd rather just save them and just take some and just relax one day watching movies

Back to the Future trilogy, I'm fucking telling you.

Bag of [insert favorite snack here], some drinks [water or soda, no alcohol.]

Best day of my Valium experiences. Wish I could still feel it.

Just have the booze ,save the benzo's for a chill or 'needed' period.

Just have the booze ,save the benzo's for a chill or 'needed' period.

just get horribly trashed. save the benzo's for taking care of your hangover in the morning. seriously DON'T MIX ALCHOHOL AND BENZO'S. you may not come back to post how bad ass your party was tomorrow! So seriously, just get really really trashed and leave the benzo's at home so you don't get drunk and say hey i have these "gulp". when you wake up, walk straight to the location of your benzo's and eat them. chug a shit load of water and relax without a hangover anymore!

I was prescribed valium for a year, and have used it recreationaly on and off for a long time. So my tolerance is very high, 50mg is my limit, are more than that and it's more dangerous than enjoyable I fall asleep so quickly I'm not aware of it. So yeah 20-30mg is a lot even if you were just at home chilling with comfy clothes and plenty of food and drinks and don't mind falling asleep for a while. If I were to go out with friends I would take only 5 or 10 mg on your way to the club/bar/pub/party. Don't drink strong alcoholic drinks, stick to long drinks made with minimal alcohol. Pace yourself and have a soft drink in between. Take time to be on your own a few minutes to notice how you are feeling. If you feel too dopey get a large cold drink of water or fruit juice and take a slow walk out in the fresh air. If you smoke be ready for a bit of a head rush and smoke sitting down. Preferably with others nearby. Do not worry about telling anyone that you're on medication, a lot of people are slow and a little dopey after alcohol anyway. And if anyone you know says that you're normally not so dopey when you drink just say that you've been busy and that you're tired. For recreational use I would recommend taking either 20mg or 30mg with no alcohol and make sure you're not weak from not eating or being hydrated. Site down and stay there. After an hour if you feel kinda dopey and high but don't have to struggle to stay awake. That's your sweat spot between being chilled and just blacking out. Personally once I'm at my sweat spot I sometimes take a little more to test the limit, or just because i want more sedation.
If it's for social anxiety just take 5mg or 1mg an hour or 2 before arriving at the party, club etc. And have more when you get home if you feel tense after going out in a social situation, only if you've had 1 or 2 drinks and not within 2 hours of taking more. I would only have 5mg or 10mg at the most. It depends on age, weight, other meds, other medical conditions, and tolerance. 5mg does almsot nothing for me but puts some people straight to sleep

you're probably going to fall asleep, and then your friends will draw dicks all over you.

somebody's gotta do it!
This made me laugh so hard because that's exactly what me and my freinds would do to this one particular freind who always ate to much xanax and would pass out.....such food times

Yes the alcohol is an exceptionally bad idea and I believe it is implicated in well over 80 per cent of benzodiazepine-related fatalities whilst I am not sure I have ever seen a report of a single-agent benzodiazepine overdose as the LD50 for diazepam is something like 1 or 2 per cent of body weight.

I may as well also point out though it was not in the original post that there is more: like everything else, THC muddies the waters and it drives me up the wall when I see it in trip reports of other things like narcotics or Carisoprodol -- remember that it has been illegal many places since the 1930s and especially in the US, both the Harrison Act and Controlled Substances Act 1970 made it nearly impossible to do research on it, so I don't think there is really as much known about it as some people seem to think, and it will take maybe 10 years in the current legalisation climate to close that gap. One or the other. They both seem to do a lot for a lot of people. My sort of stab in the dark about cannabis and interactions is that it could be either something that is useless as a potentiator of 75 per cent of drugs or a rather stark metabolic agent which could really change the Liberation, Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism & Elimination profile of all sorts of things. Is it 260 alkaloids now recognised in Cannabis indica Lamarck 1785? Opium has maybe 55 and was never removed from medical use, and just in this decade they confirmed that its number three or four alkaloid noscapine is a powerful anti-neoplastic. I'd rather quaff a bunch of laudanum for breakfast and maybe eat a little hashish later for nausea than be shot up with cisplatin or blasted with 38 400 millisieverts of hard x-rays any day of the week . . . .

When one has typically no benzo tolerance, I find diazepam to be the most recreational if them all, if any recreational value at all, it's the warmest and fuzziest. If you have a benzo tolerance already, forget about it...tolerance develops rather quick also
Don't get used to it