• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Valium halflife

maul91

Greenlighter
Back in late October last year I was withdrawing from Xanax and after a week with hard withdrawal I was going to try a small dose of Apozepam(Valium) to take away the worst. I had to buy 100 5mgs because they wasnt sold in smaller amounts. Well that didnt work well, just in about 10 days I ate them all. 500mg. I was on 1-2 mg Xanax so 20-40 mg Valium in the beginning(0,5mg Xanax = 10mg Valium). Then I refilled during the day so I Think at max I could take 100mg on a whole day, with refilling(not taking them all at once). I dont even remember how I could be that stupid and take that much, but im of course feeling very anxious about it for two reasons:

1) Im 2 months Clean now, yesterday when I thought about this I was thinking "What if the valium is still in my body" so I started calculating(I read soo much mathematics in high school, ive forgotten it all lolz) the halflife that seems to be 20-100 hours[36-200 hours Active uptake]. Im 24 years old 180cm tall 90-95 kg weight(currently loosing weight) so I guess it gets out of my body pretty Quick but if I use 200 hours for 500mg -> 0mg in exacly 100 Days = 2400 hours I get a dosage of 0,122 in my body, and since I used the max half Life(probably the half Life in my body is much much lower) I Think we can say that its out of my body. Any thoughts on this?

2) Im very afraid I have fucked up my tolerance totally, and that Ambien and Xanax will never work again. Could that happen in just 10 Days or do you have to eat it for a longer period for that to happen? Im not touching Valium again, probably not benzos in general if im not VERY anxious and REALLY need it. My main drug is Ambien/Zopiclone, and its not that strong like benzos and I like to take it just once a week or something just Before I got to bed to calm down and read a book or Watch a Movie. It also relieves anxiety very well, sometimes better than benzos, or in a different, good, way.