• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Valium feels like speed now (yes, weird, I know)

3mg alprazolam really shouldn't have that effect on me either. I started taking it again only last week because valium wasn't working (see original post in this thread). I have absolutely zero tolerance to alprazolam. You would think 3mg would knock me around, but nooooooo... I'm not complaining, but I kind of am ;)

Also I think the fact that Valium doesn't work on you anymore doesn't necessarily mean that the alprazolam would work either. There exists a cross-tolerance between benzos. After not taking midazolam (Dormicum/Versed) during nearly 10 days, I took 30mg the other day after taking 5.5mg of alprazolam over the course of the day...yeah the midazolam didn't do shit, just felt kind of tired. Back when I had no tolerance, 15mg sublingual + a beer or two and it would be blackout-city...

Also I think the fact that Valium doesn't work on you anymore doesn't necessarily mean that the alprazolam would work either. There exists a cross-tolerance between benzos. After not taking midazolam (Dormicum/Versed) during nearly 10 days, I took 30mg the other day after taking 5.5mg of alprazolam over the course of the day...yeah the midazolam didn't do shit, just felt kind of tired. Back when I had no tolerance, 15mg sublingual + a beer or two and it would be blackout-city...

Ah, but Valium doesn't work anymore even after being off it for a year. I have no tolerance to either diazepam or alprazolam. Diazepam does nothing (even in 20-30mg doses), 1mg alprazolam is speed central or noddy land (it's pot luck atm, can never tell what it's going to be), as a side note - 5mg temazepam still works for sleep every time.