• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium dosage

GirlyGrizzly

Greenlighter
Hey, I'm new to benzos and I happened to get my hands on some 5mg pills. So my question is what's an appropriate dosage for someone with no tolerance and how exactly Valium works?

5 mg is a good starting dose if you've never taken them before. (Moving to BDD)

I think that dose will have you feeling pretty mellow. Since you've never taken them before..maybe start off with one and see how you feel. Keep us updated!

I take 5mg BID for anxiety Dx.
Therapeutic doses are 2mg, 5mg, and 10mg up to qid and these are the formulations it comes in.

Diazepam has a long half life and also produces muscle relaxant effects. It's an old school benzodiazepine.

As stated above, 5mg is a good dose to relieve anxiety and produce a calming effect, still does for me after years of daily use, but it certainly isn't the same as day 1. I see a lot on the forums of peiple reporting diazepam making them too tired or sedated.

They take approximately 45 minutes to begin effects. Sublingual administration tends to produce quick onset with slightly shorter duration of effects.

We don't know how much you weigh, height, you did said new to benzos.
Things to avoid (for safety, especially if inexperienced) are other cns depressants; especially alcohol.
Alcohol and benzodiazepines will quickly make you black our, quickly.
With others you run the risk of OD and respiratory depression (things like opiates/oids, other benzodiazepines, barbiturates, muscle.relaxants etc).

Be safe and enjoy :)

So, know your body. Start low and get a feel. These are addictive and can absolutely produce an OD resulting in death, just bear that in mind please.