• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Valium & Alcohol

Moozy Mathers

Greenlighter
Hello, Lighters!

I'd like to know, what if I provoke Valium effect, by drinking 100mg/200mg of vodka or whiskey, for example.
I know that alcohol with literally any drug is a bad bad mix, but if it would be accurately dosed, these two can become friends, somehow? :D
Like for example, I'd hit for 5mg of Valium and drink 150mg of vodka at the same time, I know about the risks, but right now, I'd like to ask you, how high I'd be? Almost forgot to say, I'm tolerant to Benzodiazepines, but never tried to mix it with alcohol. Thanks in advance!

Spirits are normally measured by shots or ML's not MG's so I'm unsure on how much your considering mixing. Generally speaking mixing alcohol with Benzo's or other CNS depressants is a bad idea due to the increased risk - However... If you keep the doses low the mix can be pretty pleasant. 5mg valium with a few shots, drinks shouldn't cause you any problems and they actually compliment each other nicely as you have the mellow feeling from the valium with the buzz from the alcohol.

Please tread with care though as if you take too much valium you can easily black out and wake up later thinking wtf have I done (happened to me a few times).

Bear

I used that to taper Valium . I'm down from 20-30 mgs a day to 5 mgs every other day. The way I did it was when I got down to 5-10 mg every day I drank beers with it because beer is slower more steady way of getting drunk rather than right away hammered from shots . It has a synergetic effect if you have weed it works even better for me at least, once you get down to 5 mgs that's really small of a dose of you're tolerant and rather safe to mix small amounts of alcohol. When I got down to 5 mgs every day it was hard to sleep so there were nights I did 10 shots of moonshine 50% no joke and other nights after a few days passed again 5-7 shots of whiskey so it's been fine to mix , but I've found I need weed for the mix cause alcohol gives me headaches on the comedown

5mg of valium is a fairly low dose i wouldnt get to crazy with the drinking but in moderate use it i wouldnt call it a dangerous situation
in fact itll prob will take less alcohol to get a good buzz going not really a high IME it wasnt a high but a heavy buzz with my mood lifted
try to take them as far apart as possible dont take the valium then chase it with booze
thats of course if you have to drink

or hell why even take the valium it has a long half life by the next day after drinking you can go back and take another 5 mg if needed

For me the combo of any benzo and alcohol was just lights out. I'd fall asleep on your couch, my couch, the cab, the bar, anywhere.

That's weird I take 10 mg Valium , 10 shots of liquor and 2 shots of H and only that will put me to sleep, and anyways if I really wanted I could stay up in those conditions if I have to

For me the combo of any benzo and alcohol was just lights out. I'd fall asleep on your couch, my couch, the cab, the bar, anywhere.

I made the mistake of having 5 stiff drinks while prescribed clonazepam. I passed out when I got home and then woke up and vomited every 15 minutes for the next 6 hours. I try to avoid alcohol with any CNS as you never know how stupid you're going to get after the first drink.

However... If you keep the doses low the mix can be pretty pleasant. 5mg valium with a few shots, drinks shouldn't cause you any problems and they actually compliment each other nicely as you have the mellow feeling from the valium with the buzz from the alcohol.

Thank you, that explains everything, I'll try to do it accurately, with low doses, ofc.