Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Valium (50mg) - somewhat experienced - New appreciation for Benzos

DoctorShop

Bluelighter
Yes yes I know. Another report about valium. Thing is, I never really appreciated this substance, not by itself anyway. I remember a particularly fun night taking a higher dose (70mg) with cannabis and listening to the new Tool CD. However this report is (mainly) about Valium by itself.

Up until Wednesday (13/2/2008) I was an everyday opiate user. I was still using opiates at the time, this particular time I could not afford any opiates, so a friend of mine gave me 10x5mg V's to help me out.

I take about 30mg on the drive from his place to the train station and by the time I get there I'm a little out of it. Kind of a drunk feeling without the need to talk to total strangers and act like a dick. "Hmmm. This is kind of nice" I thought. Slightly euphoric and almost dreamlike.

I get to work and one of my co-workers, this woman who I don't really like, starts asking me how my weekend was etc. I'm telling her all about it and again, the drunk feeling is there, like I'm talking without thinking about what I'm saying. When I talk it feels like my voice is full of static and I really just wanted to get started on my job at hand, which generally involves talking to customers over the phone. I feel quite apathetic but still manage to do everything I need to do.

I should mention also that I felt very, very heavy at this stage, like my arms, legs and head weighed a ton. This was by no means uncomfortable, just nice really, no other way to describe it.

A few hours later I feel like having more so I go to the toilets at work and swallow the other 20mgs. It brings the feeling back to a certain extent and I realise I've been over analysing the high.When you sit back and stop for awhile, it is actually quite comfortable. The day flies by and soon it is time to go home. On the way home I buy a few cans of beer and head to a mates place to drink and smoke a few cones. And thats where I will stop.

I guess the whole point of this report is that I have always underestimated benzos for the recreational value. Like I've always expected more from them. When really, all you should expect is a slightly euphoric (no where near the euphoria of opiates), slightly sedated, body heavy feeling that is really quite nice and comfortable.

However, I still consider it a good 'mixing' drug. Pot, valium, opiates and beer is a very good combo indeed. Not recommended for newbs though.

substancecode_Valium
substancecode_diazepam
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_pharms
categorycode_solo
categorycode_indoors
categorycode_recreational
categorycode_positive
explevel_inexperienced

Last edited by a moderator:
DoctorShop said:
...all you should expect is a slightly euphoric (no where near the euphoria of opiates), slightly sedated, body heavy feeling that is really quite nice and comfortable.

I'd agree wholeheartedly with the comfort aspect.

A decent dose of valium, especially with little/no tolerance, will bring a clean comfort with few side effects and is therefore easy to bring into everyday situations. The sedation is easily addressed with basic stimulants like coffee - if necessary.

Apologises for whoring up my own thread...

I'd just like to add, I'm prescribed valium at the moment to help with opiate withdrawals. They are only 2mg tablets. I find if I take a few though I can still feel that slight comfortable feeling I was talking about earlier.

Interesting that such a low dose can still produce quite nice effects.

I must be immuned to the stuff because I ate 30mg on my way home from work and that was over an hour ago. First nothing, then once home, sleepy, now nothing again :(

I find that if im am sitting down the effects don't seem so apperent, but as i get up to walk around the heaviness in my legs lets me know im quite intoxicated.

thanks for such a good post. my benzo of choice is klonopin, ive tried nitrazepam,rohypnol,temazepam,xanax,valium,ativan and pure methaquaalude power (100mg) but i have to say this is my favorite combo in the world if i can do it. 1mg xanax+1klonopin then say 25mg valium and a couple stiff drinks with a nice joint, NOW thats a hell of a good time but be careful i know this is harm prevention please think before you act,

For real "hatethered"? you've had Methaqualone from the 70s? How old r u?

thanks for such a good post. my benzo of choice is klonopin, ive tried nitrazepam,rohypnol,temazepam,xanax,valium,ativan and pure Methaqualone (Quaaludes) power (100mg) but i have to say this is my favorite combo in the world if i can do it. 1mg xanax+1klonopin then say 25mg valium and a couple stiff drinks with a nice joint, NOW thats a hell of a good time but be careful i know this is harm prevention please think before you act,

What??:? You've exactly tried real quaaludes (metaquaalude) ?when did you do true quaaludes (aka Methaqualone)?? Like
back in the 70's?? Because they stop making them sometime in the 1970s.. I have read some trip reports on erowid of ol' timers that tried Methaqualone back in the 70s when it was around and a lot of same that they are super euphoric and relaxing/chill and a good number of em even went so far to say that it ranked up there in terms of "heroin/opiates" euphoria (some even said it was better, which i have a hard time believe but who knows i wasn't alive in 70s so theres no way ill ever get to try real quaaludes from the 70s when they still made them... Now aren't they like scheduled I in the USA? I dunno if thats true but i am pretty surei read in on erowid...