View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

valerian roots effects on LSA's and other psychedelics

sirsmokesdadank

Greenlighter
ok so i know this might be a repeat thread but i havnt gotten a very clear answer from any searches ive done. i was thinking about doing a HBWR extraction but idont have any high alcohol content drinks, what i do have is a tincture of valarian extracted with 85% alcohol. i really want to know if there is any dimishment of psychedelic effects when combined with valerian. Im thinking since valarion root has similar effects on the gaba receptors it might have a simalir effect to benzos does anyone have any experience here or should i just go with a lower proof alcohol like 30%?

"Valerian methanolic extract (35 has been noted to displace LSD (a ligand to some serotonin receptors) from the 5-HT6 receptor by by 12-13% at 10-100µg/mL, and the higher tested concentration (100µg/mL) is able to displace LSD from binding to the 5-HT7 receptor by 11% and the 5-HT4E receptor by 31%.[20] That being said, reliable IC50 values were not obtained in vitro up to 1000µg/mL,[20] and elsewhere the interaction with the 5-HT6 and 5-HT7 receptors have failed to be replicated with the 50-100% methanolic extracts.[28]"

found this on examine dot com not sure what exactly it means tho... lol if anyone has any clue it would be a big help. id really like to use this tinture for my lsa extract but if it reduces overall deepness of the experience i could just do a makeshift distillation of this mixed with some other alcohol.
also any tips on extraction would help too! maybe theres a better soloution to extract into? i want to get a concentrated lsa extract with the most simple recipe possible!

I think it's better to just use cold water, maybe with lemon juice & morning glory seeds rather than hbwr. Alcohol might extract some of the fats & other things you don't want, LSA dissolves in cold water.

I could be wrong, but I believe that the quote that you posted means that valerian extract *may* somewhat reduce the effects of LSD.

Im actually starting Lyrica(pregabalin) and dont really understand its mechanism of action and was wondering if it had any interaction with HBWR seeds

I take pregabalin as well, the mechanism of action has no direct interaction with the main effects of psychedelics - but indirectly there may be some synergy or unusual effects / minor side effects. I haven't tripped much since I am on it, and when I do I don't take my dose of pregabalin or only a little bit. I take ~225 mg as anxiolytic, not as anti-epileptic or analgesic mind you!
It's off-topic though, please find the appropriate thread to post in next time or create a new one - I understand you are still figuring out the forum. ;)

@ Valerian, yeah Id expect some reduced effect and grogginess.

Sorry for that, it,'s probably because I'm more in the infos less in the people so it takes me alot of time to figure out systems people use, Ive been using the forum for a bit altho I only registered recently cuz had some questions that I found no thread about.

Despite that, thanks for the answer and i'd agree with you about valerian, cuz it would compete 5-HT5a agonism of LSD plus increasing inhibitory effects of GABA wich wouldnt kill the trip but mellow out any introspection or excitment. Could end or reduce a bad trip , just like benzos at lower level.