Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Valerian, Passionflower and Hops - First Time - Superstore Entheogens

narcomick

Bluelighter
Firstly, this was a mostly visual experience for me, more so than I expected. Anyway, here's the report..

T+00:00 two pills conaining valerian, hops and passinflower taken on an empty stomach.

T+00:20 minor feeling of warmth. Slight mental 'quieting' but nothing major.

T+30 mild sedative feeling. Difficulty focusing and very minor colour changes in vision.

T+40 minor visuals. Lines of colour lasting a couple seconds, mild visual distortions and tracers . Thought has gone weird but my head feels clear. Blobs/patches of colour (red usualy) in vision.

T+00:50 faint movements seen in darkness. Flashes of light too. With eyes closed I can see faint images of houses, lightbulbs.. objects mainly, these can morph into indiscernible shapes. There are also lines and patches and blobs of light, mainly blues and greens, and there is also basic, very faint geometry.

T+01:00 slightly more vivid patterns behind closed eyes. Nets, zig zags. These will sometimes develop or combine to produce recognisable things that look like black and white cardboard cutouts of their real life counterparts. Darker black blobs of colour or holes also visible. Physically I feel a mild, relaxed body high. Mentally I am relaxed although finding it harder to type and having double vision. With eyes open there are minor colour changes and tracers as well as blocks of colour.

T+01: watching the news.. the battle for mosul. Helicopters, tanks artillery and machine guns fire away. Car bombs explode, rpgs fire. The Iraqis move in and lower the isis flag and raise theirs.. I'm entranced by it.. i ponder about war, global relations.. the colour enhancement and afterimages make things rather interesting. The peak is coming to an end now though.

T+02:00 effects have mostly subsided. The odd visual effect such as faint patches of colour but nothing major. Very tired.

T+02:30 effects have pretty much ended. Will end report now. Thanks for reading.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_passifloraincarnata
substancecode_ethnobotanicals
substancecode_valerianaofficinalis
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
No these were in pill form. Here in the uk any health store or big supermarket (superstore) has some version of these pills which are designated as a natural sleep aid. The hops weren't the main suspect here though, I think the valerian was the main culprit followed by the harmala alkaloids in the passionflower. I was also slightly sleep deprived at the time.

Lmao sorry i think i might of been intoxicated when i asked that stupid question. I like the effects of chewing on chamomile like chewing tobacco. Is the maoi inhibition the major active component of passion flower?

Sort of, the passionflower contains harmala alkaloids which are considered psychoactive with sedative and mild psychedelic properties, it's used in auhuashca (excuse my spelling). Valerian is sort of hit or miss imo, sometimes having a paradoxical effect, but when it works it's kinda like zolpidem I'd say. And the hops are just sedative as far as I know, and the sister plant to cannabis.