• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Using "the pill" to skip periods

^Damn right!

i've skipped my period before also, but usually i'll just delay it by a few days in case i accidentally schedule a gyno appt (i have endometriosis & have had ovarian cysts twice, so i see my gyno three or four times a year) or a brazilian. sometimes i'll skip it altogether for a month because my periods, even on the pill, still suck beyond belief.

Wait...how do you delay it? It's not as if you can suddenly decide to have your period in the middle of a pill cycle, that makes it ineffective...I'm confused :?

Sadly my pill hasn't done anything at all for all the PMS and cramps and stuff. But since it also hasn't made them worse I've decided to just stick with it.

Wait...how do you delay it? It's not as if you can suddenly decide to have your period in the middle of a pill cycle, that makes it ineffective...I'm confused :?

Sadly my pill hasn't done anything at all for all the PMS and cramps and stuff. But since it also hasn't made them worse I've decided to just stick with it.

i'll take the first few pills of a new pack after a full pack (but never more than 3 extra) & then go back to the original pack & take the week of "placebo" pills. that way my period's delayed for a few days but not messed up completely, you know? it's probably not a great idea to do regularly but occasionally i figure it won't kill me. i'm in an LDR anyway at the moment so i don't have sex regularly :(

As a Guy, I learned a lot from this thread. Thank you ladies for experimenting with your hormones. (Not sarcasm) ill probably reference future partner(s) to this thread.

i'll take the first few pills of a new pack after a full pack (but never more than 3 extra) & then go back to the original pack & take the week of "placebo" pills. that way my period's delayed for a few days but not messed up completely, you know? it's probably not a great idea to do regularly but occasionally i figure it won't kill me. i'm in an LDR anyway at the moment so i don't have sex regularly :(

Ooh I'm pretty sure that makes you susceptible to pregnancy no?!

I know using the birth control pill to skip a period for one month is not the most healthy thing, but does anyone have any experience in doing so?

I finished my pack for April and went straight into May because I had travel for work, an event, etc. Personal stuff. But now it seems as if my PMS symptoms (major water resenting/bloating, irritability, etc) are amplified.

Has anyone done this and experienced amplified PMS? Is this just a side effect of messing with my scheduled cycle?

My ex didn't have her period for prolonged periods on birth control and she would only take it as prescribed (took nothing for the placebo week, etc.)

Every person's unique though. My ex and I were also using heroin/bupe together so it's possible that is what was partially responsible.

Great idea for a thread rx_prn, especially for the women of BL. :)

Heroin fucked my ex's cycle up bad. She went like 3 months without one while taking her pills as prescribed. Freaked her out

My ex didn't have her period for prolonged periods on birth control and she would only take it as prescribed (took nothing for the placebo week, etc.)

Every person's unique though. My ex and I were also using heroin/bupe together so it's possible that is what was partially responsible.

Great idea for a thread rx_prn, especially for the women of BL. :)

More likely that was the heroin than the pill.

^ Interesting.

Do you have an article talking about how the pill negatively impacts future fertility? I'd be interested in looking at that.

My inner soul. I mean. think about it--all the problems with getting pregnant women are having nowadays? BC fucks with your hormone levels.. when you want to get pregnant, you have to start injecting yourself with hormones... I mean, shit just sounds unnatural. They say, if you're on BC and have a fertility doctor check your hormone levels--your levels would be close to a 60yr old woman.

^From what I've heard/read your fertility shouldn't be affected if you're not older than 35. >35 year old smokers are the women most at risk for all the illnesses associated with the pill, and as far as I know, the only ones at risk for infertility.
Hopefully anyway...it's all a bit vague. It definitely sounds unnatural PD but if the pill reduced fertility rates significantly it would definitely be public knowledge by now.

I was on microgynon for about 12 years and regularly went a few months without a period, was handy when going on holiday etc. I came off it a few years ago, though, and looking back I'm quite shocked at the effect it had on my mood and weight.

^From what I've heard/read your fertility shouldn't be affected if you're not older than 35. >35 year old smokers are the women most at risk for all the illnesses associated with the pill, and as far as I know, the only ones at risk for infertility.
Hopefully anyway...it's all a bit vague. It definitely sounds unnatural PD but if the pill reduced fertility rates significantly it would definitely be public knowledge by now.

Once you reach 30 yrs old, your fertility starts to decline. I say inner soul as the source because I'm actually getting information from a reality television show. Kim and Khole Kardashian were both on BC for 10 yrs or so and one of them was desperately trying to get pregnant for a couple years (she was obviously off BC). They went to a fertility doctor to check their hormone levels--they were both told they were at levels of a 60 yr old (but were ages 27, 31ish). They both were told that they needed to start injecting themselves with hormones (twice a day or something).

And we always talk about pharmaceutical companies... not informing the public till it's too late? I mean, think of how much of the population is on BC... how dependent we are possibly? The government can't afford any more babies!

Mmh...I'm skeptical about pharmas hiding much from us when it comes to the pill, because tbh as soon as anything even remotely eyebrow-raising is discovered about one of them it becomes a huge crisis. I mean we take it even though cancer etc. risks are printed in bold on the instructions sheet, surely they wouldn't hide infertility from us? Especially since it's one of the more 'obvious' side-effects people could imagine...I don't know, I'd be surprised. I'd be interested if anyone has any scientific research on this...?

If you knew the risks were infertility, would you have started? Something that literally stops your menstrual cycle--is it really that safe? You can be on it for YEARS, stop taking the pill, and your cycle would resume as if nothing happened? I don't know... we are trying to control our population.. what better way than to deceive young girls? They are a lot of lawsuits again BCs like yasmin.

Honestly...I probably would have. 'It's in the future right?', 'I'll deal with it later'. Then again I'm a smoker recovering heroin addict so I may not be the best person to ask when it comes to making decisions that'll be good for the rest of your life. But I honestly don't think they're hiding much from us when it comes to the pill.

I'm sure if you skipped the placebo pills it would be incredibly bad for you, and of course the pill in general messes up your homones, but I really am doubtful when it comes to infertility (assuming the woman is healthy to begin with).

Yasmin for instance, has been the source of a lot of controversy because it's supposedly a particularly dangerous one. I remember a few months ago a huge thing erupted about it and people were recommended to stop taking it - that's what I mean about everything coming out when it comes to the pill & its potential risks. And that's why I don't think anyone's hiding anything from us, because every so often a new research on a certain brand is published and people are told to switch off it. Of course maybe it's just that sufficient research hasn't been conducted on every single brand, but I really don't think the pharmas are lying or manipulating us into anything at all.

"A lot" of people were "recommended" to stop taking it. Yasmin is still pushing shit out, it's not illegal is it? What about the controversy with the depo shot? Google any brand and the words "illegal" or "lawsuit"--guarantee you'll find a lot of interesting stuff. It's hard to go after BCs in general when there's "so many brands" and "doctors prescribe it". If a doctor gives it to you, recommends it to you, it MUST be safe--sound familiar? I don't know, maybe I'm just a paranoid drug addict but I wouldn't touch it.

Course it's not illegal...it's not because it's legal that we're not being told the truth. I could list about a billion examples of that. Cigarettes, off the top of my head.

And actually I'm rather of the opinion that it's stupid to do whatever your doctor tells you just because yuor doctor tells you. And quite frankly way more dangerous prescriptions have come out of that kind of thinking. Do your own research, look up the different brands yourself. The research is out there and perfectly available to us and tbh if people aren't smart enough to do the research themselves I almost want to say it's their problem. It certainly isn't anyone else's fault.

Yeah, because we're so dependent on cigarettes! Alcohol! Birth control!

It's about the lack of research on BC in general and how if REALLY affects your hormones and fertility.

Like I said, maybe I'm just paranoid. :shrug:

If you knew the risks were infertility, would you have started?

Yes.

Like I said, maybe I'm just paranoid. :shrug:

Probably.

It's birth control, there is lots of research on it. There are warnings. Lots of information out there, there have been studies done. As with any DRUG, there will be some side effects, and some possible consequences. It says so on the package.

I haven't skipped my period in probably almost a year but I think I'm going to this week. Too much going on, two festivals to go to each weekend and I don't want to risk having my period at either one of them. (My period is usually only Monday-Friday but I don't want it to come early or stay late or whatever.) I used to skip it more regularly for the same reason Pagey did, since my ex and I were kinda long distance, I'd skip it so we could have sex when we did see each other.

Ooh I'm pretty sure that makes you susceptible to pregnancy no?!

maaaaybe but like i said i'm in an LDR. i probably only do the delaying-my-period thing twice a year at MOST so i'm not too concerned.

when i'm having sex on a regular basis, then i'll worry about it :)