View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Using Syrian Rue to potentiate psychedelic

Viraldrome

Bluelighter
First sorry if there is a thread for this, fell free to move it. I got some powdered rue recently and have a few questions. First contraindications, I heard to not mix with 5-meo-dipt, does this also apply to 5-meo-mipt? What about 5-meo-dmt? Any tryptamines to avoid? What about LSD? Does it do anything? I don't have an infinite amount and won't be able to get more until after the virus crisis ends, so I don't want to waste it. I plan my first trial with shrooms, after than maybe DMT. I wasn't sure about 4-ho-met. I know the diet fairly well, and plan to very gradually dose increase over long periods time, anything else I should know? First experiment should be around a gram this weekend. I certainly want to avoid any trips to the hospital.
Thanks in advance and stay safe and healthy BL

it increases the strength of mushrooms. You can do syrian rue tea then DMT and have a ayahusca trip on it. DMT smoked with a MAOI leads to a completely different experience.

LSD isn't broken down in your digestive system so i don't think it potentiates it.

Avoid certain foods and medications while on MAOI for days before and days after. 5-meo dmt is in its own league smoked overpowers everything else and i wouldn't recommend mixing it with anything it carries danger with it alone should always have a trip sitter that can call for help on 5meo dmt incase you stop breathing.

DMT rapidly gets shredded by the enzyme monoamine oxidase ("MAO"), hence the need for an MAO inhibitor ("MAOI") for it to be orally active. This is also why people smoke it, in order to bypass the liver and cram it into the brain faster than MAO can degrade it... but even then it doesn't last long.

In tryptamines with bulky alkyl groups on the amine like 5-MeO-MiPT - to say nothing of the far bulkier LSD - monoamine oxidase tends to play a much smaller role, or none at all.

HOWEVER, 5-MeO-DiPT also acts as an inhibitor of the serotonin transporter (and it can be assumed that the same would apply to 5-MeO-MiPT to some extent). Mixing a serotonin reuptake inhibiting drug and an MAOI can lead to the potentially lethal condition known as serotonin syndrome... in other words, the danger with 5-MeO-MiPT/MAOI combos isn't really that the drug itself could be potentiated, it is that the endogenous serotonin in your synapses is getting potentiated because it can no longer be removed by the serotonin transporter, nor disposed of by monoamine oxidase.

Avoid tyramine-high foods for 12 hours before and after the ingestion of MOAIs. No need to worry beyond that. People who advise so do not have facts to back it up. Other foods are safe during the experience.

I do not know with certainty which psychedelics are safe or not, but reports certainly advise against mixing MOAIs and 5-MeO-DMT.

On the other hand, they potentiate shrooms efficiently.
I don't know what doses you eventually want to go for. If high doses, stay in a safe space. I learned my lesson from fainting on Syrian rue + shrooms (10g dried). Had I been in front of a car or at a balcony, I wouldn't be typing this. I wouldn't worry with more reasonable doses.

I highly recommend extracting the harmaline. It is extremely easy and much less unpleasant than eating the rue.

Yes, avoid with 5-MeO-DMT. Also avoid with aMT, aET, 5-MeO-aMT. You also are not supposed to combine with phenethylamine psychedelics. I have done so with mescaline before knowing this and experienced strong potentiation, which doesn't make sense from a pharmacological standpoint, but I'm not the only one. It was only about double potency, though, so less pronounced than with tryptamines