• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using Phenibut or Baclofen for Lyrica (Pregabalin) Withdrawal

HeadHigh

Bluelighter
Does anyone know if you can use phenibut or baclofen for Lyrica withdrawal? I have found myself in a situation where i am using more than my prescription will allow and would like to come off of it, but i have already incurred some anxiety and bad allergy-like reactions. I am currently dependent on 400mg, but my prescription is for 200mg a day. I have a good supply of phenibut and baclofen that i havent used in a while, but i figured they might help the withdrawal effects even though they dont seem to be cross-tolerant. Any opinions on this? Maybe some experiences of how you got over Lyrica withdrawals?

I am going to try to taper back down to 200mg quickly (like over the next 7 days), but i want some help with it since it will be a rapid taper.

And no, i am not using this medication for its anti-seizure effects, so i do not have to worry about having a seizure.

yes they will both help as all three mentioned (preg, phen, bacl) are gaba B agonists and phenibut is a gabapentinoid like pregablin and gabapentin.

just be careful with the phenibut is my only suggestion. The withdrawal is horrid and tolerance builds rapidly.

since we're talking about pregablin here, why not just ask your prescribing doc for an increase in dose as you've found you require 400mg for relief?

Thanks! i didnt know phenibut was a gabapentinoid, but thats what i needed to know.

(Pregabalin isnt a GABA-B agonist (i dont think). I thought it was a calcium-ion channel blocker that caused changes in the levels of GABA in general, not specifically binding to the GABA-b site like baclofen and phenibut do.)

And 400mg doesnt give relief, it gives a high, which is why i cant ask for an increase because i know that soon i will need 600mg to give that same feeling, and i dont want to start chasing this, i just want to be done with it.

I just came off of Tramadol and used Lyrica to help with the withdrawals. Of course, as most addicts do, I swapped one habit for another. Now I've been abusing large amounts of Lyrica for 2 weeks and I'm out. I feel like garbage, with a severe headache and now very tight chest pain. I couldn't take the headache any longer, so I took my prescribed Zomig nasal spray (for migraine headaches), and now I feel like there's an elephant on my chest. I took two aspirin immediately, but that was a good 45 minutes ago and the chest pain isn't going away. Think I'm in trouble?? I'm getting worried, but don't want to worry my husband or kids by going to the ER. I took a couple of Lyrica this morning (200mg) to help my body taper down, but I'm down to my last 150mg ... was planning to save them until tomorrow.

Any advice appreciated!

Thank you

Sadly Lyrica is one of those things that needs a pretty slow taper. Usually needing a minimum of 72 hours before a small dosage decrease. Nonetheless, what youre feeling in your chest sounds like how i feel when i get anxious, and withdrawal from Lyrica definitely gives anxiety (to me at least). You may want to find some Kava to help with this. Kava is the only GABAergic chemical that i would advise using to get off of Lyrica with, purely for the fact that most other things would be just as addictive as Lyrica (so you would end up trading one addiction for another again).

Talk with your doctor, and tell him/her whats going on and theyll prescribe your a tapering dosage. Thats what i decided to do. I have an appointment set up with my doctor this tuesday so that i can taper off of this.