• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using once after detoxing??

BlackSheep25

Greenlighter
Now this isn’t a question for me because I kicked a nasty habit and have noooo intentions of turning back, but a friend of mine wants to know if he uses after he just detoxed will he be dependent or get sick again after one use? I need this question answered quickly, he’s not very patient and I fear he will use regardless and could have major consequences 🙈

Now this isn’t a question for me because I kicked a nasty habit and have noooo intentions of turning back, but a friend of mine wants to know if he uses after he just detoxed will he be dependent or get sick again after one use? I need this question answered quickly, he’s not very patient and I fear he will use regardless and could have major consequences 🙈
at least he needs to wait 2 months if he doesn't want to get hooked back on it in a matter of a couple days.

at least he needs to wait 2 months if he doesn't want to get hooked back on it in a matter of a couple days.
I think he said he just wanted to use one time at a party with his pals so does that make a difference at all or should I tell him it’s not a good idea?

I think he said he just wanted to use one time at a party with his pals so does that make a difference at all or should I tell him it’s not a good idea?
how long he's been clean? what doses he was using? for how long?

how long he's been clean? what doses he was using? for how long?
4 maybe 5 days and he was only using for a few weeks prior but he used the same blue perc 30s that are actually long acting Fentanyl that I was using and I just got sober off those too and I wouldn’t touch em but he’s hell bent so I figured I’d look for answers here

4 maybe 5 days and he was only using for a few weeks prior but he used the same blue perc 30s that are actually long acting Fentanyl that I was using and I just got sober off those too and I wouldn’t touch em but he’s hell bent so I figured I’d look for answers here
5 days is nothing man, i'm clean 20 something days and im still wding. He's gonna reset wds, not at the same intensity but it's gonna be annoying.

I think I’ll just try and convince him to abstain, although I’m curious about your WDs. I’m 4 days clean after basically being in a coma for detox and I don’t feel any after effects or WDs. I didn’t have a very long habit to begin with but I’m still curious how you’re still feeling the after affects when others aren’t?

I think I’ll just try and convince him to abstain, although I’m curious about your WDs. I’m 4 days clean after basically being in a coma for detox and I don’t feel any after effects or WDs. I didn’t have a very long habit to begin with but I’m still curious how you’re still feeling the after affects when others aren’t?
because i was banging 100mg IV morphine everyday for 2 years straight and I've been doing opiates since 2012 consistently. Everytime u quit is harder than the last.

because i was banging 100mg IV morphine everyday for 2 years straight and I've been doing opiates since 2012 consistently. Everytime u quit is harder than the last.
Ahhh, makes sense. What do you think will happen to him if he doesn’t listen to me and goes on a bender tonight? What do you suppose the ramifications will be? I’m worried for him and trying to keep him sober with me but he’s stubborn as a mule and misguided at best.

Ahhh, makes sense. What do you think will happen to him if he doesn’t listen to me and goes on a bender tonight? What do you suppose the ramifications will be? I’m worried for him and trying to keep him sober with me but he’s stubborn as a mule and misguided at best.
he's gonna do it anyway, it doesn't matter how much u try. When someone's determined to do opis it's really hard to stop that person. It's gonna set him a couple of days just relapsing once, the problem with doing this is that sometimes u can get away with it and most ppl start rationalizing that if nothing happened with that use, they can use again. And then again and again and again....when u notice uve been snorting/injecting for 2 weeks straight and ur back to square 1.

that's literally happened to me so many times, probably like over 20 times and with extended clean periods of time. (2+months)

he's gonna do it anyway, it doesn't matter how much u try. When someone's determined to do opis it's really hard to stop that person. It's gonna set him a couple of days just relapsing once, the problem with doing this is that sometimes u can get away with it and most ppl start rationalizing that if nothing happened with that use, they can use again. And then again and again and again....when u notice uve been snorting/injecting for 2 weeks straight and ur back to square 1.
So what should he expect the consequences to be if he uses tonight but only tonight? Will he be back to square 1? Or will he get away with chasing the dragon one more time? I’m just so worried, he was my sobriety partner and we went through hell getting off those pills. Now that we’re out of the woods he thinks he can party one more night and be fine the next day, but I’m not sure if that’s the case or not 😞

So what should he expect the consequences to be if he uses tonight but only tonight? Will he be back to square 1? Or will he get away with chasing the dragon one more time? I’m just so worried, he was my sobriety partner and we went through hell getting off those pills. Now that we’re out of the woods he thinks he can party one more night and be fine the next day, but I’m not sure if that’s the case or not 😞
hahahaha 99% of the ppl in here thought they could get away with that. He'll learn with time that dope grabs you by the balls and won't let you go that easy. That only once more" almost always becomes a new habit.

He could possibly go back to day 1 if he uses heavily after only 4 days of being clean (depending on the drug).

It takes about 3 weeks of being clean to use only 1 time (at modest dosage) and not feel any withdrawal (if we are talking about heroin or oxycodone). This is literally one time, at modest dosage to feel little to nothing.

If we are talking about something long-acting like methadone, buprenorphine or poppy pod/seed tea you'll need more like 2 months to use once without withdrawal.

It is also notable that the more times you go through withdrawal the more sensitive you become. I was a hardcore heroin, then methadone addict (380mg/day), then poppy pod addict, tramadol, tianeptine etc, etc, etc so if use heavily for even 2-3 days I'll feel some withdrawal.

He could possibly go back to day 1 if he uses heavily after only 4 days of being clean (depending on the drug).

It takes about 3 weeks of being clean to use only 1 time (at modest dosage) and not feel any withdrawal (if we are talking about heroin or oxycodone). This is literally one time, at modest dosage to feel little to nothing.

If we are talking about something long-acting like methadone, buprenorphine or poppy pod/seed tea you'll need more like 2 months to use once without withdrawal.

It is also notable that the more times you go through withdrawal the more sensitive you become. I was a hardcore heroin, then methadone addict (380mg/day), then poppy pod addict, tramadol, tianeptine etc, etc, etc so if use heavily for even 2-3 days I'll feel some withdrawal.
Poppy seed tea? What on earth is that? I can’t say he’s going to feel too great then because he’s convinced he can use once and be fine and have “just one more for old time sake” idk why he would even think of turning back, I’m sure you saw my last thread about getting off these Fentanyl pills and I had to get prescribed comfort meds and basically be in a coma for 3 days before I could safely take my suboxone. I wouldn’t dream of turning back. Yet he wants to. And he’s also on a high dose of suboxone too so I don’t know why he would even try when it would be blocked anyways. Or does fent override bupe? I don’t know what to do at this point, if he doesn’t want to take his sobriety seriously then I guess that’s on him. I just want to tell him what to expect I guess

hahahaha 99% of the ppl in here thought they could get away with that. He'll learn with time that dope grabs you by the balls and won't let you go that easy. That only once more" almost always becomes a new habit.

I guess that’s his problem then. I don’t know what more to tell him, he’s convinced he can party tonight and be fine. And if things go south, well, doc isn’t gonna prescribe anything else so he’s gonna have to kick it the hard way :(