• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Using Nose with a Cut

frazzl

Greenlighter
Hey, long time lurker first time poster. Sorry if this has been answered or this is the wrong place. Please assist if so.

I have a cut inside my nose, not entirely sure what from. It's been a long week. I thought I'd do some cocaine tonight (first time in quite a while), and I noticed when blowing my nose to start there was a slight bit of blood that I'm assuming is a cut. Aside from maybe hurting more, is there any issue with this? Should I postpone until it heals a bit? I am always very careful when it comes to any drug, prescribed or recreational.

Hey @frazzl I see you're new, so please allow me to welcome you to our humble little community. We are all here to learn and help each other out and we're always happy to have new voices, opinions and experiences.

Do you use Cocaine on a regular basis? The first assumption I would make would be that you have damaged your sinuses through repeated exposure to Cocaine. Cocaine reduces blood supply locally which can and often does lead to the complete death of tissue. People who use Cocaine regulary quite often experience damage to their sinuses.

It of course is not a life-threatening situation, but if you do have a cut inside your nose, using Cocaine is highly likely to exacerbate the situation. This is less of a "short-term" issue than a long-term one. You're not going to destroy your nose if you use Cocaine tonight, but if you continue using, you're likely to cause damage. Acutely, you can assume that the Cocaine will be absorbed more quickly through broken tissue, but the difference is going to be negligible.