• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using methadone to get off dope

Bane103

Greenlighter
Want to take methadone to get off herion/fentanyl does anyone know how long I would have to take the methadone and would I be able to stop before body gets hooked on the methadone?

I think you misunderstand the process.Youre not addicted to any particular chemical, you're addicted to your receptors being activated - whichever opioid you take to achieve that is largely irrelevant beyond nerdy pharmacological discussions.

You switch to methadone in treatment because it has properties that allow you to stabilise your living conditions to get your head right, but from your body's point of view (again, beyond pharmacological differences) it doesnt make much difference.

Tl;Dr - If you're an opiate addict, you're already hooked on methadone...

I think you misunderstand the process.Youre not addicted to any particular chemical, you're addicted to your receptors being activated - whichever opioid you take to achieve that is largely irrelevant beyond nerdy pharmacological discussions.

You switch to methadone in treatment because it has properties that allow you to stabilise your living conditions to get your head right, but from your body's point of view (again, beyond pharmacological differences) it doesnt make much difference.

I think you’re misunderstanding what I meant. I want to take methadone to escape the withdrawal symptoms from using the dope but don’t want to take it long where I will end up going through withdrawal when stopping the methadone. If that makes sense

Although methadone provides a similar opiate buzz, it may mean that you are more able to wean off of a needle fixation if indeed you are an IV user. That, for me, was helpful. I know I found it easier to taper down from methadone use than heroin use.

Suboxone was what I ended up using after that which was a blessing. That, and being lucky enough to able to move to a different city entirely, meant the getting off the stuff was a lot easier. Your environment is going to be very important to this process.

It’s not easy, but by god man it is worth it. I wish you all the very best of luck.

How bad of a habit do you have? I could help with a taper schedule. Just need to know how much you're using and how much methadone you have access to

Want to take methadone to get off herion/fentanyl does anyone know how long I would have to take the methadone and would I be able to stop before body gets hooked on the methadone?
We don't know how long it would be for you to take methadone and taper off because we don't know how much heroin and fentanyl are doing.

Methadone's just like any other opiate you're going to develop tolerance and physical dependence very quickly and depending on how high your dose of heroin and fentanyl is, you may have to start out with a high enough dose. It is going to take you a year or two to taper off your methadone. So no, you're going to be dependent on methadone and you're going to have to taper off of it.

Essentially you’d be started at Methadone 30mg daily observed dose, slowly increased until the patient is “stable” free from withdrawal and comfortable….whatever your tolerance might be. Then when stable your dose would be gradually reduced until you’re off Methadone

so you don’t have to spend $200/g of H or whatever……you are comfortable and stable on this full Mu-Opioid Agonist & NMDA Antagonist with a super-long 24h half-life (just like how Valium/Diazepam is used to slowly wean off benzodiazepines)

Methadone is a VERY potent long acting Opioid that becomes even more potent when taken daily for weeks+ as it accumulates in the body / due to long 24h half-life. I’ve been on 80-125mg / daily for 10+ years due to chronic pain condition

I get a sealed 100 tablet bottle of Metadol 25mg scored tablets Paladin Pharmaceuticals Canada.
Adults - 2.5mg to 10mg every 4 hours during first 3-5 days followed by a fixed dose every 8-12h depending on patients requirements

an opioid naive individual- Methadone 10mg would be a serious dose, maximum to be safe

Essentially you’d be started at Methadone 30mg daily observed dose, slowly increased until the patient is “stable” free from withdrawal and comfortable….whatever your tolerance might be. Then when stable your dose would be gradually reduced until you’re off Methadone

so you don’t have to spend $200/g of H or whatever……you are comfortable and stable on this full Mu-Opioid Agonist & NMDA Antagonist with a super-long 24h half-life (just like how Valium/Diazepam is used to slowly wean off benzodiazepines)

Methadone is a VERY potent long acting Opioid that becomes even more potent when taken daily for weeks+ as it accumulates in the body / due to long 24h half-life. I’ve been on 80-125mg / daily for 10+ years due to chronic pain condition

I get a sealed 100 tablet bottle of Metadol 25mg scored tablets Paladin Pharmaceuticals Canada.
Adults - 2.5mg to 10mg every 4 hours during first 3-5 days followed by a fixed dose every 8-12h depending on patients requirements

an opioid naive individual- Methadone 10mg would be a serious dose, maximum to be safe
Question? -Do you get your Metadol prescribed weekly or monthly? I’ve always wondered if methadone came in a capsule form.

Some people have a lot of negative shit to say about being on methadone, but honestly it saved my life. I was an IV heroin user and had been addicted to opiates for my whole adult life up until that point. They’ll start you at like 20 or 30 mg and you can choose to up your dose if you feel it isn’t enough to keep you well and craving-free throughout the day. I was at like 80mg I think at the highest point. Then, when you’re ready, you taper down. I was on methadone for about 5 years. Some people stay on much longer, but I was ready, and after I got off methadone I never had one relapse or even a craving to be honest. Still going strong. And yeah, it definitely does suck to have to go to the clinic every single day for your dose. But that’s only at first. Once you show them a few months of clean tests you’ll get “take-homes” where they give you weekend doses to take home. Eventually they’ll give you a week at a time, so you only go to the clinic once a week to get your doses.

Question? -Do you get your Metadol prescribed weekly or monthly? I’ve always wondered if methadone came in a capsule form.
Every month (27 days) 100 tablets - Metadol 25mg (3.5 - 4 tablets daily) ……f@ck a week of carries lol, WTF observed dose and 6 carries…..Fck off. Ill take my sealed 100 tablet bottle

Idealy it would be Methadose 40mg white, cross scored tablets 10mg 1/4’s …..or the orange 40mg Methadone square wafer dissolved in water.

Methadone is Amazing for chronic pain, Very potent full Mu-opioid Agonist, 24h half-life, full syntheti, NMDA antagonist, hi oral bioavailability 80% + , rapid onset 1h, actually euphoric and pleasurable, potent opioid analgesic painkiller …..having a cool doc…..daily Methadone 80-100mg plus ESSENTIALLY a highly regarded euphoric dopaminergic stimulant CIBA Pharmaceutical Ritalin (Methylphenidate) 40-60mg IR ……pure fckn SEX in my CNS

RITALIN 40-60mg
Oxy-IR 10-20mg
Xanax 0.5mg
Valium 10mg

There are up to 90 mg wafers here, higher amount of opiate I have ever seen in a single pill, maybe pharma h Diaphin 200 could compare to it. No way on earth that a non tolerant individual would survive such dose if accidentally taken, you know
And people just pop them with booze and alprazolam...holly fucking hell

I think you’re misunderstanding what I meant. I want to take methadone to escape the withdrawal symptoms from using the dope but don’t want to take it long where I will end up going through withdrawal when stopping the methadone. If that makes sense
You should be able to use methadone very short term to get through dope withdrawals no problem... clients aren't given this option at clinics, only maintenance treatment, but it works very well. Dose would be dependent on how much dope you're using, but because of its long half life and strength, first and 2nd day use less (around 20mg), 3rd and 4th day to a max of around 30mg, day 5,6,7,8 at 20mg, 10mg, 5mg, 2.5mg then off. You won't be entirely symptom free, but this totally makes it do-able. If you take methadone daily beyond that you'll start to develop tolerance. Good luck... life after a long opioid addiction feels so good... to be free of that monkey on your back? Priceless ✌️

You should be able to use methadone very short term to get through dope withdrawals no problem... clients aren't given this option at clinics, only maintenance treatment, but it works very well. Dose would be dependent on how much dope you're using, but because of its long half life and strength, first and 2nd day use less (around 20mg), 3rd and 4th day to a max of around 30mg, day 5,6,7,8 at 20mg, 10mg, 5mg, 2.5mg then off. You won't be entirely symptom free, but this totally makes it do-able. If you take methadone daily beyond that you'll start to develop tolerance. Good luck... life after a long opioid addiction feels so good... to be free of that monkey on your back? Priceless ✌️
The clinic by me offers a 21 day detox which they start you at 30 mg and 21 days later I believe your last dose is 1-2 mg,it cost $175 for this ,this is not a popular option anymore because 30mg leaves the average fent user sick at that dose,,,

The counselor that did my intake didn’t even know the clinic offered that option because nobody ever asked about it since he worked there , he had to go confirm with the doctor,,,,, After being interviewed by the doctor I told him I had my use down too 1 morning,1 evening bag and he told me he wanted to start me at 10mg ,then 20 ,then 30 mg by the third day then start cutting me down…(This was new) so I went to the other clinic in town ,they don’t offer the 21 day detox….

I think you misunderstood the process. If we dig even deeper it is not even those activated receptors you are addicted to but the higher state of consciousness or energy field that is your God or Self. What the chemicals mainly do is that they block lower negative energy fields that are part of your ego/mind programs. This ego/mind records the reality and then replays it to you - the witness or consciousness - with about 1/10 000s delay with individual unique negativity added on top of it. So what you witness is not reality but your ego's delayed negative edition of it and so the more we block that video replay the more the actual reality can shine forward and that is what we humans get addicted to because that is our true nature.

That is also the sole reason why there are no treatments/cures for addictions other than spiritual means or true love. Equal energy fields are needed to heal them than what they reveal for us and what you are actually experiencing and addicted to. That higher energy field is part of field of potentiality (quantum physics) or spirituality and not at physical level at all. It is the level that actualizes physical level.

Chemicals in and off themselves do not have even any power to cause 'high' but that high state is solely the property of consciousness (which is not property of mind at all but property of level of potentiality or quantum level that precede the physical level). We project the power to the chemicals consciously or unconsciously and then believe that the chemical is what causes the 'high' when in reality the 'high' state is our inner nature that is temporarily revealed to us more clearly when ego is blocked more or less. We give the power to chemicals but without our projection and unconscious beliefs they would not cause any high state to any human being.

There are strong beliefs and projections of power onto chemicals on collective unconscious. So that is why they work. If there weren't such beliefs none of the chemicals in this world would cause any high to anyone as their power is our projection of our inner power onto them.

So actually we make the 'high' ourselves by surrendering the ego through chemical assistance temporarily to Higher power and then we experience our inner state more clearly and get basically addicted to God which is the same as our inner true Self. Or the field of love which is basically same as quantum field of potentiality that also equals 'Mind of God'. So that is why only God/Higher power (with means like AA) can heal our addictions.

Edit: That same kind of projection of our inner power is also behind placebo and nocebo and what healer Shamans have done in the past cultures. People believed Shaman's had special powers so they projected their own power on to Shaman's herbs and so people were healed by their own belief&inner power (love). Or the other way around, poisoned and killed. If their ego feared and believed so; it can kill you just with a strong belief.

Last edited: