• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids using marijuana to ween off Norco (& clonazapam) HELP!!!,

I wouldn't have a "weed schedule" per se, that might lead to it being less effective. Use it when you need to. Instead of taking the scripts try smoking. You're the only one who truly is going to know when you need it. I can sit here and say "every 4 hours" but in reality I don't know how you feel.

Your total of hydrocodone that you are on a day isn't a lot. It's short half life does make it tough as you need it every 4-5 hours. But best way to detox that is continue to cut dose--switch one of your doses from 5 to 2.5. A few days later switch out another. Once you have all doses at 2.5 then eliminate one and spread others out...yes you'll have it wear off a bit, but it's the least painful way. Then eventually eliminate another dose, etc.

I don't understand why your doctor has to detox you from the clonazepam. But if you do, what you're supposed to be doing should be fairly pain free. I would honestly stop using your extras and save those for when you completely jump off the opiate. That will help you then with sleep and the edginess

A long taper like you describe shouldn't be miserable. You shouldn't feel high but you should be fully functional. Being you're not, maybe you would consider going into a detox and just getting it all over with in a week or two. Just because, well, if you can't handle the small drops , you're on a fairly low amount of opioid, just get it over with. Even if you only did it for the opiate detox and continued with the slow taper for benzos. (Though if I were you I'd go for the rip the bandaid off versus the slow and painful method) It depends though, like I said, the taper you're on shouldn't leave you unable to function but since it is, it's kind of taking away the point of a slow taper

You also have the option if you don't want off benzos of buying something like etizolam

I see your issue mostly as the benzo, as they are dangerous for fast drops not under doctor care. They really are taking you down the safest way. And I'm surprised you're having that much withdrawal, especially with the hydrocodone.

Just some food for thought. Hopefully it works out for you. One other thing--you said the weed helps cause it takes your mind off of wanting the pills. I suggest finding other things that also occupy you--stuff you are really into--as a distraction. You shouldn't be constantly focused on pills and what time to take and such. Just your question on a weed schedule sets that red flag to me....you shouldn't be so obsessed with taking pill and such time, smoking at such time. As someone above said--when you start not feeling well would be a good time...