• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using Lyrica While On Methadone Maintenance.

Thomas29

Bluelighter
Is it Safe to Use Lyrica to Help Me Sleep at Night while on Methadone I know probably Increases the Chances of Danger Ever So Slightly But not Totally Entirely Sure About Lyrica I go Tons of Experience with GABAPentin which I Hear is Very Similar?

Lyrica is much more powerful than gabapentin, and a scheduled drug. There shouldn't be any danger, especially if you're using it as prescribed. If you're trying to get a high, there may be a danger of too much CNS depression. Is methadone causing the insomnia or you just want to know if it's safe with methadone?

If you're prescribed both medications, and your doctors are aware, you should be fine...If you're not prescribed either, and you're unsure of your tolerance, you're rolling the dice...be very careful and start low...although, you should be able to sleep on methadone...

A low dose of diphenhydramine or another potentiating antihistamine works well for many people...but I'm assuming you know what you're doing with the methadone. Using methadone recreationally can be very dangerous.

Using methadone recreationally can be very dangerous.
It can if you aren't well experienced with it and other opioids. 100mgs of methadone gets me good and high, and 50-60mg each day after. I usually only ever got a little less than a gram of methadone at a time, and that lasted me like 14 days give or take a few in each direction. Methadone is actually most euphoric when you have no tolerance, and can take just 1-2.

But I wouldn't be adding anything more than a standard dose of lyrica if I had any, and gabapentin was better by itself than with opioids.

I'm prescribed suboxone 8mg and lyrica 300mg / day. It's nice. I'm trying to manually taper the subs but I keep chasing that half-assed nod. It's too nice! Must be the lyrica making it feel nicer because a lot of people don't get any sorta nod from it.

but sorry, to answer your question, it's certainly safer than a bunch of benzos with methadone because lyrica doesn't have as powerful CNS depressant effects. If you have a tolerance to both drugs theres no danger at all. If you have a tolerance to neither and take too much I'm sure there is potential for harm.

I'm prescribed suboxone 8mg and lyrica 300mg / day. It's nice. I'm trying to manually taper the subs but I keep chasing that half-assed nod. It's too nice! Must be the lyrica making it feel nicer because a lot of people don't get any sorta nod from it.

But realistically suboxone has far less CNS depression, so is safer with lyrica than methadone.

Yeah, there's major differences between buprenorphine and methadone!

Well the OP hasn't replied so we don't know if they're tolerant to either lyrica or methadone. Probably already made up their minds.

I often use lyrica to boost methadone and noticed that over 900mg lyrica should not be taken while methadone which is in my case 70mg
but all below that ⸸notice⸸ for me is fine
I dropped when I took over 900mg and 70mg methadone I woke up half body on the couch and half at ground and I were so out of it.
also got seizure after that my girlfriend said I didn't remember anything so be caReful
⸸ㄙसاـꪕغ

There is an in-depth medical journal which is titled Pregabalin (Lyrica) use/abuse of patients on Methadone. It’s a very good read. Just google that and scroll a bit….it’s a formal medical study on every aspect

Study participants found Pregabalin 450mg dose similar to Diazepam 30mg
Often taken to enhance positive effects of Methadone
Often used in poly drug usage
Etc

Also, more significantly….Pregabalin is very effective in reducing opioid use

Pregabalin 150mg - 300mg X 2 daily
Clonidine 0.1mg X 2-3 daily
Diazepam 5mg X 3 daily …..then 2 second week, 2mg scored tablets third week, 1mg X 2 daily until end

Probably the best 3 drugs used for opioid cessation. Hands down.

Last edited:
Pregabalin will make your methadone constipation even worse, expect the finger-free days at the wc to be something of the past.
Also, if you develope a serious pregab habit you are fucked, very nasty wds.
Pregabalin is utterly useful but it has two big downsides: most crazy- fast tolerance inducing drug ever and also a safe way into retardation as it prevents sipnase to happen.

Pregabalin won't help you to fall asleep for too long if used daily though. Tolerance is a real bitch with this drug.

I took 300mg today and I'm prescribed 90mg methadone in the morning but I took half extra so like about 110-125mg and I'm fine I have taken 600-900mg on top of 90mg methadone and that was fine then I took later more 450mg Pregabalin and then I passed out and I had seizure later when I shot methylphenidate IV that was stupid and that should not be done but I got over it and I'm alive so..