• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using loperamide to kick Heroin

Jbird11

Bluelighter
Ok everyone I could really use ur opinions and advoceI’m going to do my best to taper down the H and start my loperamide 2 days before I quit using H….minimize my H usage on those 2 days…that way I can build up the loperamide in my system so when I stop using H, I won’t have to wait and go thru w/d while waiting for the loperamide to kick in??? I just cannot afford to not be able to tend to my family duties and responsibilities…. So what would my taper look like? Day 1: still using small amounts of H, before bed dose with 80mg of loperamide
Day 2: still using small amounts of H, take 60mg of loperamide.. Day 3: NO heroin, 80mg of loperamide oh and 600mg of tagamet. Day 4: 40mg of loperamide and 600mg of tagamet
Day 5: Hopefully cut that dose into 20mg of loperamide and 600mg of tagamet Day 6: 10mg of loperamide 400mg of tagamet Day 7: 5mg of loperamide 400mg of tagamet. ???? Does that sound somewhat freezable

loperamide can cause some serious heart issues people have died look it up the post below with a video with brain sows a guy get off opiates and dying also describes loperamides relationship to a heart rhythm drug

kratom is used sometimes look that up too adding a video

Last edited:
Only use enough immodium to take care of the symptoms of withdrawal that it is designed for (gi symptoms)

Since you have to function I would go to a smoke shop and get kratom
that will take away the withdrawal symptoms and you can function that way and then slowly taper kratom and have minimal if any withdrawals
I switch back and forth from oxy to kratom with no problem all the time

or you if you can get 5 days worth of suboxone you can do a rapid taper using the subs and have no withdrawal symptoms that way taking the largest dose on the first day and then cutting down until you take the last sliver and stepping off with no problem this I have not done but know someone who has and if I have to withdraw again will use this method

if you had a week I would have some other pieces of advice how to make life bearable out but since you need to function that limits your options

Is lope safe enough for being recommended in higher dosages (60-80mg)? The reason lowdose lope isn't effective is because it gets pumped out of the brain by a protein pump called P-glycoprotein and one has to overload that with enough lope for it to become centrally active. Now I'm not sure but it feels like betting on metabolism by CYP2D6 (which is different in every person), tapering upwards might be safe but starting out with 60-80mg, Idk.

My recommendation - sorry if I repeat myself - is memantine and pregabalin, granted the memantine needs to be megadosed too but it's a very safe medicine. Problem might be to get it though, doctors are still ignorant about it but these two agents helped me kick 600mg/d morphine with little discomfort.

Kratom is worth a try but will also prolong the withdrawal as it's a (partial) opioid by itself. More like bupe than morphine though but still not comparable. Crosstolerance isn't complete, when only used for a few days or below maybe 15g/d it's a good thing to have around. Half a year of 10-25g/d didn't give me much withdrawal and this was after ceasing morphine.

Ok so I've read that heart issues start with lope at doses over a hundred mg.

My last lope detox I started at 90mg (45x pills a day) plus Omeprazole (pgp inhibitor). Then I went down 5-10 pills a day everyday.

By the time I got to around 40-50mg/day I leveled off for a week or so before tapering on off to zero.

Lope tapering works. I never did get sick but it was a 2-3 week tapering process.

Good luck.

Loperamide has been implicated in a number of deaths and near-misses. Loperamide is actively removed from the CNS via the ATP-binding cassette BUT at some point, the body cannot remove it as quickly as it is passively transported in. This results in a 2-phase dose-response curve. At around 200mg a person's body will not be able to remove it from the CNS and that is when bad things happen. I've known people take 200mg day after day only to end up dead or at least in hospital when they upped the dose to 250mg.

The exact form of toxicity isn't clear as a wide range of physiological and symptomatic problems have been reported.

So as long as you keep it low enough so it's keeping your bowels in order, don't go any higher.

I've heard of people suggesting kratom is a safer alternative BUT there have been cases of kratom being cut with other opioid.

1st generation antihistamines can be useful in conjunction with loperamide, but their is a maximum dose listed on these medicines for a good reason. I think 16mg loperamide/day is enough.

200mg is definitely not necessary to inhibit the p-glycoprotein inhibitor to the point that you can get central effects. That's double the dose that I have heard can cause QT interval prolongation of the heart.

I wouldn't take that much. My last withdrawal I used lope and never got dope sick. It took 3 weeks when withdrawal would've taken 5 days but it was worth it not to get sick.

Only use enough immodium to take care of the symptoms of withdrawal that it is designed for (gi symptoms)

Since you have to function I would go to a smoke shop and get kratom
that will take away the withdrawal symptoms and you can function that way and then slowly taper kratom and have minimal if any withdrawals
I switch back and forth from oxy to kratom with no problem all the time

or you if you can get 5 days worth of suboxone you can do a rapid taper using the subs and have no withdrawal symptoms that way taking the largest dose on the first day and then cutting down until you take the last sliver and stepping off with no problem this I have not done but know someone who has and if I have to withdraw again will use this method

if you had a week I would have some other pieces of advice how to make life bearable out but since you need to function that limits your options
Depending on his habit I wouldn’t say “no withdrawal” even with kratom or sub your gonna feel it…let’s give realistic expectations

Loperamide has been implicated in a number of deaths and near-misses. Loperamide is actively removed from the CNS via the ATP-binding cassette BUT at some point, the body cannot remove it as quickly as it is passively transported in. This results in a 2-phase dose-response curve. At around 200mg a person's body will not be able to remove it from the CNS and that is when bad things happen. I've known people take 200mg day after day only to end up dead or at least in hospital when they upped the dose to 250mg.

The exact form of toxicity isn't clear as a wide range of physiological and symptomatic problems have been reported.

So as long as you keep it low enough so it's keeping your bowels in order, don't go any higher.

I've heard of people suggesting kratom is a safer alternative BUT there have been cases of kratom being cut with other opioid.

1st generation antihistamines can be useful in conjunction with loperamide, but their is a maximum dose listed on these medicines for a good reason. I think 16mg loperamide/day is enough.
i think its molecule is structure is related some type of heart medication or poison cant remember chemically its related to methadone but also a heart rhythm drug this should explain it well about a guy who gets off lean dies on 5 boxes

Last edited:

My last lope detox I started at 90mg (45x pills a day) plus Omeprazole (pgp inhibitor). Then I went down 5-10 pills a day everyday.

By the time I got to around 40-50mg/day I leveled off for a week or so before tapering on off to zero.

Lope tapering works. I never did get sick but it was a 2-3 week tapering process.

Good luck.
watch the chubyemu video the end describes why its related to a heart rhythm drug 5 boxes killed him

Last edited:
Its safe only if he stays within 50mg - 80mg once per 24 hours.

If I run out of oxycodone then I take 60mg per 24 hours which takes away about 80% of WDs. But proceed with caution

Good luck.
tbh since its related to a heart rhythm drug who knows wat dose could be safe or the long term damage the post above with the brain shows a guy getting off lean and dying taking 5 boxes story true actor recreation

its chemically related to methadone and a heart rhythm drug people lose oxygen to brain and die

200mg is definitely not necessary to inhibit the p-glycoprotein inhibitor to the point that you can get central effects. That's double the dose that I have heard can cause QT interval prolongation of the heart.

I wouldn't take that much. My last withdrawal I used lope and never got dope sick. It took 3 weeks when withdrawal would've taken 5 days but it was worth it not to get sick.

Obviously it's based on bodyweight but having read the autopsy data and having read the doses involved in near misses, 200mg seems to be the mean point at which loperamide will accumulate in the CNS. It's mode of toxicity isn't well characterised. I've heard of people developing compartment syndrome, torsade de pointes, long QT and a host of symptoms that only seem to turn up in a single case.

I suggest that loperamide has affinity for receptors other than the opiate receptors. Nobody has studied this because, I presume, it's not killing THAT many people and I believe it's no longer sold in bulk AND the price has significantly gone up. The last point is clearly the licence holder seeking a huge profit at loperamide costs under $300/Kg (in bulk).

Obviously it's based on bodyweight but having read the autopsy data and having read the doses involved in near misses, 200mg seems to be the mean point at which loperamide will accumulate in the CNS. It's mode of toxicity isn't well characterised. I've heard of people developing compartment syndrome, torsade de pointes, long QT and a host of symptoms that only seem to turn up in a single case.

I suggest that loperamide has affinity for receptors other than the opiate receptors. Nobody has studied this because, I presume, it's not killing THAT many people and I believe it's no longer sold in bulk AND the price has significantly gone up. The last point is clearly the licence holder seeking a huge profit at loperamide costs under $300/Kg (in bulk).
its chemical structure is related to a heart rhythm medication and i think methadone in the brain video above the guy ate 5 boxes im pretty sure its not a cns thing more of an heart rhythm problem

Ok everyone I could really use ur opinions and advoceI’m going to do my best to taper down the H and start my loperamide 2 days before I quit using H….minimize my H usage on those 2 days…that way I can build up the loperamide in my system so when I stop using H, I won’t have to wait and go thru w/d while waiting for the loperamide to kick in??? I just cannot afford to not be able to tend to my family duties and responsibilities…. So what would my taper look like? Day 1: still using small amounts of H, before bed dose with 80mg of loperamide
Day 2: still using small amounts of H, take 60mg of loperamide.. Day 3: NO heroin, 80mg of loperamide oh and 600mg of tagamet. Day 4: 40mg of loperamide and 600mg of tagamet
Day 5: Hopefully cut that dose into 20mg of loperamide and 600mg of tagamet Day 6: 10mg of loperamide 400mg of tagamet Day 7: 5mg of loperamide 400mg of tagamet. ???? Does that sound somewhat freezable
so how are you?

end of video wt brain abov

end of video with brain above goes into the chemistry its related to a heart rhythm drug

Ah, well, the video does make some sense. I would estimate that some metabolites are involved here.

30 years ago people got really excited by the idea of somehow chemically manipulating loperamide to make a potent opioid. But Janssen tested a huge number of related compounds and the loperamide patent covers about 70 of them. Even the MOST potent was about 1/24th of codeine as an analgesic. He used animal tests and a mg/kg measure and a ratio of antidiarrheal to analgesic dose. He chose loperamide because (if memory serves) that ration is about 300:1 (it's more, but I know it's over 300).

Even if you modify loperamide, it's STILL useless.

I've often wondered why people would be so keen to go into the complex chemistry of loperamide when the intermediates involved in methadone synthesis are so readily available and so cheap. After all, it's a batch synthesis and so makers can supply intermediates very cheaply. I mean, methadone only costs $541/Kg.

That said, I've still met people (in Russia) who made & sold methadone.

Is lope safe enough for being recommended in higher dosages (60-80mg)? The reason lowdose lope isn't effective is because it gets pumped out of the brain by a protein pump called P-glycoprotein and one has to overload that with enough lope for it to become centrally active. Now I'm not sure but it feels like betting on metabolism by CYP2D6 (which is different in every person), tapering upwards might be safe but starting out with 60-80mg, Idk.

My recommendation - sorry if I repeat myself - is memantine and pregabalin, granted the memantine needs to be megadosed too but it's a very safe medicine. Problem might be to get it though, doctors are still ignorant about it but these two agents helped me kick 600mg/d morphine with little discomfort.

Kratom is worth a try but will also prolong the withdrawal as it's a (partial) opioid by itself. More like bupe than morphine though but still not comparable. Crosstolerance isn't complete, when only used for a few days or below maybe 15g/d it's a good thing to have around. Half a year of 10-25g/d didn't give me much withdrawal and this was after ceasing morphine.
its chemically related to a heart rhythm drug that's why people die from heart failure when I was young and was dependent on opiates for a while this very thing made it so I couldn't move
I ended up on floor couldn't get up long time hard to move if I remember collapsed on a sidewalk after managing to try and walk to the store ambulance got me said my heart was acting strange E.K.G they looked shocked at each other in the ambulance didn't disclose to the hospital what I had taken doctor was shocked at my E.K.G and diagnosed me with brugada syndrome a very rare heart problem were you can have instant death and they wanted me to get an implant to shock my heart and gave me a vest to wear to shock me back to life incase my heart stopped I wasn't very wise at that age but I'm glad I don't have brugada and all my test since been normal one time during this at least I think it blurrrs long crazy life I had elevated enzymes in my blood from my heart so they kept me....for a while wanted to do the implant loperamide is nothing to play with or for maintenance I'm thankful It wasn't worse and I'm alive and take care of myself now and have learned responsible drug use study everything I test my drugs never buy from street and use them to benefit life and and heal I'm getting much much better at meditation psychedelics ketamine I will be ok
was a drug nerd as a kid and they should educate and not shame and punish maybe then my life could have been so different outcome....it was my passion the shame hiding caused me so much problems. Hope the future changes its outlook at the drug war would end..