• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using kratom atm... Has heroin type WD... What would you do? (H)

Chris42393

Bluelighter
So Ive been on Kratom for probably 3 years. Been using a pretty big dose a day totaling 45grams. Lowered the dose recently, just because I couldn't stand the taste (and it would fuck up my stomach).

Im already having WDs (because I lowered the dose) and im already on par with heroin... Would you switch to Heroin if you had horrible withdrawals and the kratom isn't doing shit? Might as well catch a decent buzz, if Im getting the same withdrawal feelings from the kratom...

What would you do? Hopefully, that made sense. Ive never went above 15mg of H. I use twice a day though. Morning and night, just because of the horrible pain....

Yeah, switching to heroin from Kratom is like killing a housefly with a bazooka. It's way too much and is overkill, as well as very risky. Heroin is a much more difficult addiction to overcome with much worse withdrawals ime and there is a lot of it cut with fentanyl these days, upping the risk even further. As someone who was addicted to opioid pain killers for 5 years and Heroin for 3, trust me, it is one of the hardest drugs to kick once it gets its hooks in you. I have also used Kratom and they are not even remotely close in terms of severity of withdrawal, admittedly I never went over 15g per day, but still, don't sub heroin, they are in totally different leagues. Best of luck!

Not to mention kicking methadone because you can't kick heroin. I'm on month 2 and if it wasn't for someone talking me off the ledge basically I would have scored yesterday.
After 2 months off methadone i was thinking heroin.

Not to mention kicking methadone because you can't kick heroin. I'm on month 2 and if it wasn't for someone talking me off the ledge basically I would have scored yesterday.
After 2 months off methadone i was thinking heroin.

Been there, stay strong though. I had to check myself into an inpatient rehab to kick ultimately and they had me on 140mg methadone and 20mg valium as my daily dose initially. I guess I had a pretty monster habit. I asked them to rapidly detox me though and I was off everything in 2 months. It was PAINFUL and I think it was about a year later that I finally had a week where I didn't think about Heroin. You'll get there!

Been there, stay strong though. I had to check myself into an inpatient rehab to kick ultimately and they had me on 140mg methadone and 20mg valium as my daily dose initially. I guess I had a pretty monster habit. I asked them to rapidly detox me though and I was off everything in 2 months. It was PAINFUL and I think it was about a year later that I finally had a week where I didn't think about Heroin. You'll get there!

Thank you. I will definitely keep remembering the past 2 months when I want to use.
I just have to learn to handle stress sober

Thank you. I will definitely keep remembering the past 2 months when I want to use.
I just have to learn to handle stress sober

Developing healthy coping mechanisms is definitely key. I find mood regulation through exercise and a healthy diet also speeds things along. Focusing on eating things that aren't processed in particular.

maybe lower dose buprenorphine might be an option for you? methadone to me seems a bit over kill for a kratom addiction. Im on methadone, but I at one point had an Rx of 6 x 200 mg MS contin per day which I was using IV. so, methadone was all that really would kill my withdrawals. But a friend of mine switches back and forth between kratom to her prescribed suboxone all the time.

I can't imagine kratom withdrawal resembling anything like heroin withdrawal. I've stopped 35g+ of kratom cold turkey and it wasn't anything near heroin withdrawal. Then again, my past experience with heroin withdrawal was high dose IV heroin withdrawal.

I strongly don't recommend using another opioid for kratom withdrawal for the simple fact that all other opioid withdrawal is worse than kratom withdrawal (with the exception of maybe very low dose tramadol withdrawal). It may be that your receptors are now sufficiently downregulated that you are surprised with the severity. I guarantee however that withdrawal from an equianalgesic dose of heroin would be far worse.

I'd recommend getting some black seed oil capsules on Amazon (try the healths harmony brand). It really works well for kratom withdrawal and for smoothing out kratom dose reductions. Not only does it help upregulated the opioid receptors, it has particularly utility for kratom withdrawal due its similar effects on ion channels. Its not a cure all, but the effect of black seed oil is clear and not at all subtle, and best suited for kratom withdrawal over any other opioid. The literature from the middle east describing black seed oil as a substitute for methadone is hyperbolic, but there is a grain of truth to it.Try 500mg-1000mg of black seed oil every 6 hours. Its also good for cravings and can be taken on an as needed basis.

I can't imagine kratom withdrawal resembling anything like heroin withdrawal. I've stopped 35g+ of kratom cold turkey and it wasn't anything near heroin withdrawal. Then again, my past experience with heroin withdrawal was high dose IV heroin withdrawal

Everytime I read these things negro I think well maybe people got really bad heroin. :) I can not imagine that notion either so there are probably things going on we can't validate. Kratom does not come close to heroin or poppy tea withdrawal for me. Also two days in a row of poppy tea results in a stronger withdrawal than using 25 gr of kratom a day for a year for me. So that makes me think there are a lot of variables for different people. And I do think using kratom to come off another opiate sort of sustains the receptors even though kratom is weaker, so when that is stopped it couid resemble a stronger withdrawal. I know for me I confirmed that by using it to come off another opiate and also starting completely virgin. DIfferent meds mixing may add to it too.

But yeah, I figured instead of me keep scratching my head over people that claim it is just as bad that I would look for more variables. I mean people experience things in their own way and some credible people have stated the withdrawal was as bad as oxy. Yet my experience makes me wonder if one of the variables is certain batches being spiked. I remember the UEI from years ago being suspect and I used that once and felt like crap. But regular leaf seems gentle in the effects and after effects. I mean the withdrawal is annoying and uncomfy, but not like heroin. That is a different league.

There has to be more answers as to why. I'll keep trying to piece them together. But basically do not use heroin for this.