• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

using ketamine to get off meth

gypsiejunkie

Bluelighter
hey! so I've got court coming up and I'm about to be on probation. I am thinking about trying to do small amounts of ketamine to get off meth. is this a terrible idea? I've never done ketamine but I've heard it can be used responsibly and medicinally to some extent. is this true? I just don't know what to do as I have tried for many years to get off drugs whatever drug it might be that I'm on. I mean fr I lost my kids for 3 years and I still couldn't sober up there's just no stopping me apparently. but I don't want to go to prison someone help! the depression coming off meth is too much for me to bare I have a really hard time with it. I was really only planning on doing ketamine like one time kind of as a reset, I would not do very much that one time either. idk what do you guys think? also, I just want to try ketamine haha

ket is golden in benzo and pregabalin taper and withdrawals, it should help with but also meth is energy beast so if going with ketamine deff stay home as you'll be sleeping at first and later well also without energy!

but careful as it alone can form a dependance at first psychological, but sometimes that can be a worse one

It can likely help but in my experience will also make the craving simultaneously harder too. Like you’ll feel good and function better but that nagging voice might not leave.

At this point though I’d personally give it a try too, you’re kinda at that point where obviously the threat of prison alone won’t do it.

I’d suggest combining psychedelics with K for a more medicinal benefit. The neurogenesis and altered perspective would be a great addition.

-GC

If there is low life quality and all sorts of distress and suffering, drugs may be useful, at least some of them, but there easily happens something I call paradoxical effect as medicine turns onto one because it can not solve the problems with use that is within reasonable theraupeutic index, which even further increases the risk for addiction and dependence, because from standpoint of the user, there seems to be no good moment to be without perceived medicine. And that then leads to multiple issues because reasonable therapeutic index has been long forgotten. I have very much this kind of relationship to benzos. You obviously want to avoid this sort of dynamics.

I don't recommend anything, I only offer my best knowledge, but I consider it likely you will gain benefits without making things worse. One reason being that ketamine has complex, various mechanisms it extends the medicinal effects long after 5 half-lives of the drug. This makes it completely realistic to use ketamine in therapeutic manner for life-time, even without professional supervision. And you could even consider that you keep on doing it few times a year.

I have never experienced ketamine as thing I could ever get addicted really, while I recognize its addictive properties. That was not really a thing with stimulants, it was very clear to me from the very beginning that stimulants are extremely addictive for me, and I have gone through few episodes of active stimulant addiction. But then again, many are addicted to ketamine, so I have either mistaken or then there are different people.

Good luck and much love.

update: for some reason, even though he has access to it, my friend/the only guy that sells me drugs anymore won't sell me ketamine. idk why

I had 4 days clean and was doing good because said friend wouldn't come help me out. he ended up calling yesterday and I ultimately failed at quitting as usual. closer maybe though idk anymore. I can't believe I can't get clean to save my life quite literally

now.im high as hell

sigh

but the thing is is we are really pretty good friends too. that's why he constantly puts me on the back burner haha it's complicated but idk just my luck

but the thing is is we are really pretty good friends too. that's why he constantly puts me on the back burner haha it's complicated but idk just my luck

do you hook up with him sometimes? that would make things a little complicated but could also tilt things in your favor with the power of the pussy

hey! so I've got court coming up and I'm about to be on probation. I am thinking about trying to do small amounts of ketamine to get off meth. is this a terrible idea? I've never done ketamine but I've heard it can be used responsibly and medicinally to some extent. is this true? I just don't know what to do as I have tried for many years to get off drugs whatever drug it might be that I'm on. I mean fr I lost my kids for 3 years and I still couldn't sober up there's just no stopping me apparently. but I don't want to go to prison someone help! the depression coming off meth is too much for me to bare I have a really hard time with it. I was really only planning on doing ketamine like one time kind of as a reset, I would not do very much that one time either. idk what do you guys think? also, I just want to try ketamine hah

I don’t see how ketamine would reset addiction. I have been struggling to get more than a week at a time off of it. I hate it with a passion, but just the same I have to have it. I was supposed to see a ketamine doctor today about treatment for depression. it will probably be later this week. Either way if it works the way that you’re hoping, and now I’m hoping, then I will report back with my progress. Don’t give up hope though. I’ve seen some addicts be healed and live healthy lives. I have a few family members with that same blessing.

I am not 100% on the full relation chemically here - but ketamine and dxm are both the same class of drug being a disassociative. DXM can cause a precipitated withdrawal with methamphetamine, and sometimes it is used for this reason to reset tolerances. Laying off your meth and taking some DXM (like the cough syrup or gels) can rid your neuroally of whatever residual substance there is in continued meth use - and thus reset your tolerance in a couple day basically. It's handy.

BUT - an overload of DXM with meth like if you're using a lot of meth and then a heavy dose of DXM can cause toxic shock when the DXM hits hard and hits the methamphetamine OUT of your brain and body quickpace in a way that's too jarring. This combo can actually kill you.

Ketamine is related so I'm just giving you some advice to keep this in mind. I can't find any information looking things up quick to verify that completely - but I'd assume it's not the safest mix for the class association alone.

hey! so I've got court coming up and I'm about to be on probation. I am thinking about trying to do small amounts of ketamine to get off meth. is this a terrible idea? I've never done ketamine but I've heard it can be used responsibly and medicinally to some extent. is this true? I just don't know what to do as I have tried for many years to get off drugs whatever drug it might be that I'm on. I mean fr I lost my kids for 3 years and I still couldn't sober up there's just no stopping me apparently. but I don't want to go to prison someone help! the depression coming off meth is too much for me to bare I have a really hard time with it. I was really only planning on doing ketamine like one time kind of as a reset, I would not do very much that one time either. idk what do you guys think? also, I just want to try ketamine haha

Ketamine helps me have some introspection that often allows me to correct my own behaviour. That said it can also be morish itself. It's also worth noting the bladder issues etc seem to be quite significant when abused, like really not worth it. I notice they seem to be significantly less of an issue with IM. But not ideal to be injecting all the time either.