• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Using heroin orally

geetimesthree

Greenlighter
How's it going everyone?
SWIM really enjoys opiates, from heroin to vicodin. He usually smoked heroin, while eating pills.
It had become more noticeable when SWIM was injured and had been prescribed oxycodones.
SWIM sold his oxycodones, hoping to use heroin, because it is cheaper, and just as effective with relieving pain and insomnia.
Little to SWIM's knowledge, heroin doesn't metabolize well in the stomach, and after doing some research, he is becoming worried he will get too addicted to heroin.
He knows the act of smoking is just as addicting as the drug itself, and hoped to change his ROA to eating.

Because he sold his oxys, and is stuck with heroin, is he screwed, or is there a way to change heroin's composition to a more readily digestible form?

Could someone cook with, or make a tincture out of heroin, that would be effective costwise for pain relief and insomnia?
Can someone explain why heroin and morphine aren't effective when eaten?

SWIM doesn't want to shoot, and will smoke if he has to.
Thank y'all. Please don't talk down to me because of my ignorance, or SWIM's goals of keeping himself from becoming a complete fiend.

Not really. Oral bioavailibility is going to be low. Check out our opiate potentiating thread. It might help youboost the oral effects a little.

It isnt that bad. The thing is, heroin is really only a delivery vehicle for morphine. Acetylation increases lipid solubility of morphone by more than three times that of morphine. Ergo, using heroin orally only ends up (nearly) equalling oral morphine.

Thanks for the info. SWIM enjoys using alcohol or other substances to intensify opiates.

SWIM has tried morphine orally, and needs a much higher dose than oxycodone.

The main focus is making a tincture out of heroin. Is this doable, and worthwhile, or is it's potency going to be similar to morphine, still?

Hello and welcome to bluelight, please take a chance to review the forum rules and guidelines, we don't allow the use of "swim" here. Nor do we use my pet cat or any other third person identification here. It will not help you in a legal situation and it is just confusing.

As per your question: Just sniff it. Sniffing Heroin is a very common way to use it, and it is much healthier for you than smoking it. Taking it orally you are going to have to take A LOT more than you have been. Also, since you are being RXd the oxy selling them all like that for heroin was a really bad idea, because doctors that RX scheduled substances can and will give UAs to make sure you are not diverting your medication. So if he tests you not only will he find heroin in your system but he will also find no oxy. So do yourself a favor and about 4 days before your appointment buy some oxy and stop using the heroin just in case. And when you do get your next RX I hope you wont make the same mistake twice, because heroin is not going to last as long as oxy (which doesn't last long to begin with).

Last edited:
Don't use opioids for insomnia. Don't combine an opioid you don't truly know with other downers. I know it's up to you and everyone says that, but well I've gone through all for myself (and could easily have died more than once).

NMDA antagonists (ketamine, dextromethorphan) are better opioid potentiators, they rather counter the tolerance development instead of adding to it. They don't depress respiration by themselves, but the potentiation of opioids is real, including all (side)effects.

For insomnia, clonidine is a good thing that also seems to 'potentiate' opioids somewhat in a less dangerous way.

Last but not least, yeah- just sniff it. It's easier to dose this way too as you get almost instant effects.

Eating Heroin? How could you possibly, in your wildest dreams think that eating heroin of unknown potency would be as effective as oxycodone orally, which you had already gotten scripted? you will need to smoke or snort it. and don't use SWIM. if the cops are that on to you they have to prove that you posted what you posted. if they can link your IP address to your house, it doesn't matter what weird analogy you want to use. thankfully it is banned here.

^^^ Use Wi-Fi from a different location ;) Lol but Fr that swim stuff is so annoying. OP just smoke it, taking it orally is a big waste of money and will essentially feel like an oral morphine high.

^^^ Use Wi-Fi from a different location ;) Lol but Fr that swim stuff is so annoying. OP just smoke it, taking it orally is a big waste of money and will essentially feel like an oral morphine high.

NTM orally he will no have no idea what dose he is taking, at least with sniffing he can do small bumps to asses strength.

if you've obtained good heroin (non-tar #4) you should be able to sniff, go that route OP.

Dude if you are messing with heroin you should be beyond the point of worrying about addiction. You are well on your way to a very fleeting moment of warm fuzzy feelings to if I don't get my next dose I'm gonna die. Dude I'm not a troll I'm just speaking from experience if you want to save money and maximize your buzz by switching to h it will be short lived. You will sell your mothers soul for it and become a stranger to yourself. I'm not knocking you for ignorance I'm imploring you to not open this pandoras box it always ends in misery!

Why would a poster imagine that insufflating is safer than oral consumption? It is more dangerous and the only benefit over oral in that regard is faster testing. A user need only be patient while testing, waiting a full 30 minutes between increments. For general knowledge, it isnt difficult to die via insufflation and in fact here in SE Asia Westerners do so with regularity. The safest way to subjectively test heroin potency is to consume matchhead increments at 30 minute intervals though in the West a matchhead is overdoing it.

Yeah, I thought about that statement and that it was indeed wrong. Addiction and tolerance raises faster with any fast-onset consumption methods.

namnoc16 said:
You will sell your mothers soul for it
I actually began to hate the heroine even while I still was on it. For me opioids don't work as painkillers (in the sense of numbing emotions, but also in regard to physical pain the dissociatives are much more effective), the euphoria / warmness is short-lasted and will slowly fade into agony, anxiety and true depression. When I've increased the dose I went into respiratory depression. Granted, I seem to have some weird wicked genetics.

The only few times I got true euphoric warm fuzzy covering was in my early DXM days, and maybe once or twice with methoxetamine. Ketamine feels like a "neutral" opioid to me, a calm, covering one but not warm and mellow.

Besides that, stimulants (dopaminergics) are my true pain killers, euphorisants, and they rather enhance life than taking one away from it like opioids do.

How's it going everyone?
SWIM really enjoys opiates, from heroin to vicodin. He usually smoked heroin, while eating pills.
It had become more noticeable when SWIM was injured and had been prescribed oxycodones.
SWIM sold his oxycodones, hoping to use heroin, because it is cheaper, and just as effective with relieving pain and insomnia.
Little to SWIM's knowledge, heroin doesn't metabolize well in the stomach, and after doing some research, he is becoming worried he will get too addicted to heroin.
He knows the act of smoking is just as addicting as the drug itself, and hoped to change his ROA to eating.

Because he sold his oxys, and is stuck with heroin, is he screwed, or is there a way to change heroin's composition to a more readily digestible form?

Could someone cook with, or make a tincture out of heroin, that would be effective costwise for pain relief and insomnia?
Can someone explain why heroin and morphine aren't effective when eaten?

SWIM doesn't want to shoot, and will smoke if he has to.
Thank y'all. Please don't talk down to me because of my ignorance, or SWIM's goals of keeping himself from becoming a complete fiend.

Just snort that shit or smoke it. Whatever you do, just don't shoot it. Honestly, oxycodone even orally is just as addicting as heroin. Some people find it more addicting because oxycodone tends to have a bit more euphoria.

Never tried H but I agree Oxy is euphoric and my favorite of all opiate. But that was kind of off topic.

I would also snort it in your situation. Actually when reading your original post, I wondered why you did not mention the possibility.

I can also vouch for clonidine an hour before bedtime and not much risk in mixing it with opiates. (Actually my addiction doctor told me there has been very few fatal case but all related to mixing clonidine with IV H, as long as you only sniff it you will be fine. I snort Dilaudid everyday and I take Clonidine at bedtime without problems).

NTM orally he will no have no idea what dose he is taking, at least with sniffing he can do small bumps to asses strength.
Yes small bumps are pretty safe to test purity, but smoking is the safest way since overdose is practically impossible, I know with tar, smoking is also very efficient

My buddy's been addicted to heroin before, and knows his limits generally.
He's a full grown adult who makes his own decisions.

Let it be known, it's not being taken for regular insomnia, but for pain based insomnia.
Basically pain medicine throughout the day, and when he needs to sleep, but can't being in pain.
He didn't actually sell all of his pills. I guess he only sold a few. I think he traded like 6 for a half gram, which isn't a bad deal at all.
But I still want answers. He doesn't even know I posted this, and thinks I'm dumb when I bring the idea up. He likes to smoke his H.

I didn't want anyone's opinions on ROA or addiction.
He's not going to snort Heroin III. Snorting is bad for you either way, and the act itself is addicting, if it's powder. But snorting liquid, like you have to do if you want to snort III, because there is no access to Heroin 4, is fucking disgusting.
The drips aren't tolerable, no matter how intense the effect is.
He doesn't want to get high. He wants to maintain.

I know that people get addicted to heroin once they start smoking, because the high is short lasting, and the act of smoking is pleasurable.
Smoking H is a waste either way.

I WANT TO KNOW IF IT'S POSSIBLE TO MAKE AN EFFECTIVE TINCTURE, USING HEROIN.
Jesus fuck you guys?
I want to know why heroin and morphine aren't effective orally.

So fucking off topic. So fucking high and mighty, LIKE YOU'RE THE GOD OF DRUG USERS!? Fuck

I apologize for using SWIM terminology. I obviously got mixed up with drugsforum, and I agree, it's stupid.

Thank you all for your opinions, especially when there was actual information involved. It i appreciated, but no one has tried to answer the goddamn question.