• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Using Clonazolam to detox from high dose Xanax - Please help!

mankind

Bluelighter
I recently wrote a thread about my very high tolerance to xanax:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...another-seizure-VERY-scared!(HIGH-dose-Xanax)

It's back up to around 40-50mg a day now. I am wondering if ordering Clonazolam to taper down with would be a good idea. I read the entire MEGA thread but there is only one other person in my shoes who is using the product to taper down with. The rest seem to be ordering to use to get high. Not judging at all, just point out what I observed.

Can someone please comment on this if this is a good idea? The .5mg doses I know will not do it for me so I need to be especially careful dosing. I am just curious if this can be a substitute to an actual benzo such as xanax. So basically my question is Clonazolam an actual substitute for prescribed benzodiazipines? I figure at this rate I will run out in a weeks time or so, so I need to decide quickly to order or not.

Many thanks to any who can offer advice regarding my predicament.

Thank you!

Will it substitute for Xanax (provided you figure out the dose conversion ratio)? Yes. After all, it *is* an "actual benzo"... basically a hybrid between features of Klonopin (the positioning of the Chloro- and Nitro-groups) and Xanax (the Triazolo-ring).

Is it a good idea to do so? Probably not. Being able to order massive quantities of an extremely addictive substance at the touch of a button isn't exactly conducive to "tapering" - it's basically like trying to taper off Oxycodone with Heroin.

Will it substitute for Xanax (provided you figure out the dose conversion ratio)? Yes. After all, it *is* an "actual benzo"... basically a hybrid between features of Klonopin (the positioning of the Chloro- and Nitro-groups) and Xanax (the Triazolo-ring).

Is it a good idea to do so? Probably not. Being able to order massive quantities of an extremely addictive substance at the touch of a button isn't exactly conducive to "tapering" - it's basically like trying to taper off Oxycodone with Heroin.

Thank you for being honestly with me. The only reason I ask is because it is an emergency situation where I know I am going to run out of xanax while still at a huge dose....even at the BEST taper, I'll have to cold turkey off 15mg or so. I am wondering if since clonozolam is longer acting,, plus I will run out and CT at high dose, would in my situation be a good idea.

I'm just really scared and SOOOO fucking tired of blowing every dollar I have on ridiculous benzo prices these assholes charge because they know my situation. "Oh my insurance didn't cover the script and I had to pay $10 a pill so I'm actually hooking you up by giving you them for $10" Yeah right, asshole. There's another guy I have who has the the ones with the V on the back that look really legit but almost dissolve immediately when you put them in your mouth, and you get a tiny bitter taste, so I suspect they are pressed pills with maybe Eltizolam (sp?)

I'm just so tired of living like this and want to be off of all this bulllshit.

If I can take a substance that I only have to dose once a day, is cheaper, and would be easier to taper down with, that is the route I am going for. Basically valium, but I don't have access to those.

If I order Clonazolam in the "GP" solution, do I just let it dissolve in my mouth or do I swallow it?

Thank you all.

From a financial standpoint, I'd say you'd be way better off ordering a good bit of an rc benzo. You're already up to RIDICULOUS doses of a super potent benzo (Xanax).

Look though, obviously you have a problem controlling your use. I don't say that to be disrespectful, but really the doses you're claiming are just insane. If you think you can control yourself with pure benzo powders, definitely go do it. But please, TAPER the fuck off. I hear .5mg of clonzolam is roughly equivalent to 2mg of clonzopam. A gram of it costs around what you seem to be paying for 10 xanax's. Thats 2000 doses for what you're paying for 10. At the very least at least you won't be blowing all your money on your habit.

Get some powder, get a scale, and make a solution yourself. It'll save you money in the long run. Then find out how much you need to be stable. From then on, taper. Drop 10% every 1-2 weeks depending on what you can handle.

I'm not a doctor though, and honestly if I was in your situation my ass would be checking into a hospital out of fear for my life. But if that's not an option for you, rc benzos are totally a better solution than what you're doing now. If you don't trust yourself with pure powder, even ordering a large quantity of pellets would be way cheaper than $10 a pop.

Check into a hospital or detox/rehab center instead of trying to do it yourself with RCs, as people have died from benzo withdrawal.

RC benzos are sketchy at best. Just because they are benzos doesn't mean they are safe by any means. Please don't do that. I wouldn't be surprised if many RC benzos had more activity than just gaba-A and these aren't quality controlled drugs we are talking about. You need to go to a doctor and explain the situation. You could actually die from from the withdrawal. I've been on those kind of doses too and I had to kick almost cold turkey in jail. I didn't die but it scarred me in ways you can not imagine.

The way you are going you could escalate the problem instead of helping it. You need to gently ease down. You should never cold turkey even from 'only 15 mg'. You need to do it the right way and do it slowly. Don't worry about money. This is your brain we are talking about here and your life. Yeah, you can get through it maybe, but I strongly believe rapid discontinuation of any substance can do a lot of damage to the fragile balance of the chemicals that allow you to live a good life. Don't fuck with that and play games go check yourself in to a hospital. With those types of dosages and swapping different benzos around is asking for a lot of trouble.

I wish you the best and hope you find the freedom you are looking for. Just be smart about this.

I was just about to mention this, but il just agree with Hodor. I don't actually have much benzo experience, but considering it's not a thienodiazapine like etizolam, I assume it will substitute fine? (I'm not actually too sure if there would be any issues using a thienodiazapine vs a benzodiazapine for detoxing off the other, like I said benzo's aren't really my thing). I'm sorry for not supplying any really info or help, I just wanted to wish you the best mankind, after seeing all your other threads on benzo addiction I really do hope you manage to get off/heavily reduce your benzo habit. Much love and good luck buddy.

I have to agree here.. sudden discontinuance from low-dose, but many years of daily administration of clonazepam put me in static seizures a couple of times when my insurance lapsed.. have a tight, tight plan B if you don't just take the hit and check into a hospital, but I advise the latter from personal experience.