• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Using CBD oil with Buprenorphinum.

AeonAelis

Greenlighter
Hello there Mates.

I have a question about using CBD oil with Buprenorphinum. To be exact - is it save ?

I have heard from a friendly nurse that it may cause problems with respiratory system in once body. Could anyone on this forum confirm or dissagree with this statement ???

I would be very greatfull for and answers.

Regards
Martin

CBD oil doesn't seem to do much unless you put it on top of some weed, then it'll change the effect of the weed a bit. Cannabis doesn't seem to have any really dangerous drug interactions, but it can intensify the effects of other drugs, including opiods.

That just makes no sense.... CBD isn't known for respiratory depression. It's like assuming zofran potentiates opiates because promethazine does when they aren't really related in action. A lot of doctors are willing to spout bullshit as the idea is to fear anything unknown even consider it dangerous in western medicine. It's really stupid

You mean using CBD oil with Buprenorphine?

Should be ok, as long as you don't go overboard with the bupe. If you have an opiate tolerance there should be no problem mixing the two.
With NO opiate tolerance you shouldn't need more than 1mg of bupe...certainly don't go over 2mg unless you want to be sick & vomiting all day.

They should be safe to mix, I smoke weed on bupe all the time, they go well together, watch out for orthostatic hypotension though, I've got a high tolerance to both opiates and herb and I still get that if I stand up quick after a good smoke.