• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Using Cannabis for various ailments

wallywogs

Bluelighter
I recently started using cannabis to help me with various ailments. I am an insulin dependent diabetic and get really itchy feet and restless leg at night. I also have trouble sleeping and have had anxiety issues for years. The doc and I have been discussing taking some form of medication to help the anxiety. I never liked taking big pharma meds for any length of time. I have taken paxil before and didnt like it at all. So I said fuck it and started smoking marijuana. I get it from a legal source. I am seeing a naturopathic Doctor Oct 1. He is a doctor that I was referred to by my science Dr who said he knew the guy and thought his reasoning sound. I will discuss the marijuana use with him. I have been using it nightly now for 1 1/2 months.
Needless to say my wife was not happy with me starting to smoke pot in my late 50's and we are both in alcohol recovery for many many years. And yes I have thought of what that means.

The benefits for me
- No more restless leg syndrome
- No itchy burning feet when I am in bed
- Anxiety gone, it can build during the day but goes away with smoking
- Type A personality calmed down a bit
- Much increased sex drive with wife. I asked her permission to have sex with her high and she was good with that. She knows I love her and she is also great with my sex drive increasing.

Drugs I dont have to use

adivan
propranolol

trazadone (small amount for sleep not depression)

And I won't have to go on a Paxil like antidepressant for anxiety

I am taking this seriously, it isn't for recreation purposes, I don't use it during the day when I have responsibilities. I have used it a couple times in the afternoon when I knew I wasn't to be disturbed and it worked really well. I am using a pure indica which is very mellow and calming. I don't get high and go stupid or at least any stupider than I normally am. I have also bought a vaporizer so I don't have to smoke all the time. It is a bit healthier, maybe a lot.
Do I like the feeling of being stoned, yes it is a nice by product. Any questions shoot them my way.

progress2.gif

lightbox_progress.gif