View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Using calcium hydroxide (pickling lime) to freebase Tryptamine salts

DMTShroom1986

Bluelighter
As the title suggests, instead of lye or ammonia does anyone know of a technique to freebase tryptamine salts with calcium hydroxide instead of the more nasty stuff. And selfishly I am asking as I have access to it, I know of the ghetto thing with bicarb but was curious seeing as calcium hydroxide is so good at basing DMT.

I have searched but can’t find a tech for this so maybe it doesn’t work. The tryptamine salts are DPT and 5-MEO-DMT.

just to note I found reference to it online but. Can not find measurement. The reference states mix DPT with Calcium Hydroxide, dry and redissolve in a non polar solvent.

I would imagine in order to vape tryptamines that the poster did not receive in a freebase form.

I'm not sure about how that would work. I've actually never turned anything from a salt to a freebase, only the other way around.

The technique you mentioned should work. Mixing the tryptamine salt with calcium hydroxide and water should convert it to freebase. I guess people just don't use it often because it isn't very water soluble. I would stir the powders together dry then add enough water to get it wet. You might need to let it sit for a while before extracting with solvent since that's what you do in a DMT extraction. Exact measurements don't matter, you just need an excess of base. I would do something like a 1:1 ratio.

The technique you mentioned should work. Mixing the tryptamine salt with calcium hydroxide and water should convert it to freebase. I guess people just don't use it often because it isn't very water soluble. I would stir the powders together dry then add enough water to get it wet. You might need to let it sit for a while before extracting with solvent since that's what you do in a DMT extraction. Exact measurements don't matter, you just need an excess of base. I would do something like a 1:1 ratio.

Thanks man for confirming, will let you know how it works out.

Should work, amazonian native tribespeople use it (in the form of calcined snail shells) for preparing yopo/cohoba and I think possibly parika/yakee snuffs as well (the former is largely bufotenin based the parika type snuffs are made from the dried sap/resin of Virola species, and they vary as to tryptamine content, V.theiodora is common and contains mostly 5-MeO-DMT) and I can vouch that it works, certainly for preparing yopo from Anadenanthera colubrina seed. Stuff does sting like a bastard though.

if you can get your hands on pH strips it would be good to test the mixture to make sure you have gotten the pH to 10+

Would Naptha be a suitable solvent and does anyone know if a freeze precip would be the cleanest way to get the base.

If not using lye and solvent extraction.... Might adding sudless ammonia (slowly) w a naptha recovery be cleaner?