• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using alcohol instead of opiates / switching addictions essentially?

I totally empathise with you. Here I am having a bad day and craving any opiate even Tramadol. Result getting pissed on very strong lager and taking Xanax (6mg) I really wish I could get the fuck out of all addictions. Booze is without doubt the worst.

Then there is the issue of being cut off -- what if there is a typhoon or revolution where you are and you cannot get your sauce for a few days?

As awful as it can be, narcotic withdrawal is self-limiting and in more than 99 per cent of the cases is non-fatal. On the other hand, the delirium tremens and other effects, you know, gallon distemper, quart mania, barrel fever, the ork-orks, blue horrors, triangles, bottleache is potentially lethal and there is organ failure and the like on top of grand mal sieizures

And has no medical usage beside's desinfection.

Of course that's not entirely through but does sound like they way it should be looked upon. The social acceptance and availability are the main reason for it. You could easilly make your one once in a while would it be unavailable.

For a exotic trip to have a little change from the freely available harm reductive intoxitant's. In a distant future I hope. But making it illegal would be a good step for me personally. But that doesn't work offcourse illegalizing so I opt for making altenatives available. That are less harmfull.

I've thought about this too...
What if a zombie apocalypse happened, and here's me, needing 85mg methadone daily...
I think once the pharmacy had been shut a few days I'd be glad to throw myself to the zombies.
It sometimes freaks me out thinking about....not just zombies, but rebellions, floods, war.... I'd be a shitting, puking mess for weeks! Not exactly a likely survivor...
Then there is the issue of being cut off -- what if there is a typhoon or revolution where you are and you cannot get your sauce for a few days?

As awful as it can be, narcotic withdrawal is self-limiting and in more than 99 per cent of the cases is non-fatal. On the other hand, the delirium tremens and other effects, you know, gallon distemper, quart mania, barrel fever, the ork-orks, blue horrors, triangles, bottleache is potentially lethal and there is organ failure and the like on top of grand mal sieizures

I've thought about this too...
What if a zombie apocalypse happened, and here's me,

There is a part of me that would be delighted to be in one. But I think I can easily curb my wd's by slashing head's. My dependance's are not Methadon like much lighter of nature.

But being in a apocalypse has a certain appeal, I had dream's on that subject that I count as top knotch entertainment. But never with zombie's in em that would def add something to them. A bit of extra action, breaking into Pharmaceutical resellers to get the needed supplies. :)

I haven't had a zombie apocalypse dream in a while now, but for about a year I'd have a minimum of 2 a week!
The craziest dreams I've ever had where when I was using GBL regularly though. They were fucking amazing!
The planet earth was being invaded by alien giant insect (like starship troopers but way more cartoonish) and I, like many others, had been drafted into the army to fight them off. It was as real as any day I've had, but with the most action anyone has ever been in. I'm not kidding, I could smell their putrid blood spraying in my face, and felt real pity for the human deserters who got hunted down by our own dogs to dissuade others from doing so.
I do have vivid, weird dreams, bur GBL really intensified them beyond anything I've had before. Best part of the drug in my opinion!

The craziest dreams I've ever had where when I was using GBL regularly though. They were fucking amazing!

Totally agreed, most intense dreaming period of my life was when I was doing GHB, I'd always wake up with the dopamine rebound at like 4am, and then proceed to have insanely intense/cool/sometimes scary dreams for the rest of the night as I sort of slept.

I did the opposite.. I was a bored stay at home mom who put the kids to bed then got wasted off rum and coke every night to pass out. I pretty much drank every night but still got up and took care of everything. But once I tried oxy I loved it and didn’t want to waste the “feeling “ by drinking . So now I hardly ever drink .
I have tried drinking when going thru oxy withdraws and it made it worse ; even more tired and not feeling well.

TERRIBLE IDEA!!
ALCOHOL IS SO MUCH WORSE!
You can go on using opioids indefinitely (given you don't OD...if taken orally, too) but alcohol will ruin your organs pretty quickly. Also, it's much more dangerous because alcohol withdrawal is so often fatal.
I have been addicted to both opioids and alcohol. With opioids I could function, never got health complications and lived a fairly normal life. With alcohol I could not function even basically, lost all my friends and family and became homeless. I also got acute pancreatitis for which I spent 3 months in hospital and was given a 20% chance of living. Every terrible thing that has happened to me (as an adult) has been a result of alcohol. Nothing bad has happened to me as a result of drugs.
PLEASE reconsider! I may not know you, but I still REALLY do not want you to suffer the way I have because of alcohol. It is the nastiest, most sinister drug there is.