• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Uses for Post-Run-Bud

Flaga121

Bluelighter
So I have well over a pound of Post-BHO-run nug. It's been soaked, dried, and cured over time to ensure the remnants from the butane are gone. I'm trying to figure out the best way to remove the psychoactive compounds left over from the BHO extraction. I've found making traditional edibles (with a preheat) works somewhat well, but am wondering if anyone else has found a better option.

Please and thank you (I've searched, but if anyone else has more luck feel free to post a link!)

Run it again... you will get a yield, but it will be less than the previous. Other than that toss it in the trash...really.
I would not eat any of the flowers or trim that were run through butane or any other solvent.

I smoke the oil thats been purged through the same vac chamber I put the rerun into (with a screen holding it in of course).

So I'm not seeing the issue (if someone can explain well please do!) I use very well refined butane (not some lighter garbage, and am confident there are no significant contaminants. There will be no yield if I run it again, everything I can remove with a crude Butane stripping has been removed (within reason, yes I could get the last 5% out, but itll cost far more in butane to strip it then I get in yield. Edibles allow me to capture far more of the remaining psychoactive compounds. I'm more wondering if there is any way of getting the noids out by themselves.

Further if I bake it, I use a method were anything specifically water soluble will be removed (unless its more soluble in fat of course).

Yeah you can bake it into edibles. I've never done it myself but I know it is done quite frequently. Seems to be the most efficient way to go about processing cannabis.

I smoke the oil thats been purged through the same vac chamber I put the rerun into (with a screen holding it in of course).

So I'm not seeing the issue (if someone can explain well please do!) I use very well refined butane (not some lighter garbage, and am confident there are no significant contaminants. There will be no yield if I run it again, everything I can remove with a crude Butane stripping has been removed (within reason, yes I could get the last 5% out, but itll cost far more in butane to strip it then I get in yield. Edibles allow me to capture far more of the remaining psychoactive compounds. I'm more wondering if there is any way of getting the noids out by themselves.

Further if I bake it, I use a method were anything specifically water soluble will be removed (unless its more soluble in fat of course).

Well I wouldn't make edibles with it because they will taste horrible and be weak... I only make edibles with hash. I use a very high quality supercritical extractor that recycles the solvent. I also use lab grade solvents and I still can do more than one run, so that is not it. Maybe my starting material is more potent that yours or my process may be different than yours, but I can get another high quality run with the yield decreased. Whatever it is I wouldn't personally eat the remaining material that was soaked in the solvent. I guess if I had a limited supply to make concentrates from and I had to use every last cannabinoid I would make a topical cream, lotion or soak.

As long as you are using pure butane for the extraction (which everybody should be doing anyways) then the bud will be completely fine to bake after it has dried. Butane boils from -1 to 1 degree celsius and won't leave any residual chemicals in the plant matter.

^^^ Yea, this is something I've been aware of. It's more that I'm looking for a more efficient way.

Backwoods, I don't have an infinite loop extractor. I'm looking into one, but I just don't have the spare cash for Cannabis related stuff at the moment. I try and keep my Cannabis money/expenses separate from real life.