(answered) Users should be able to react to their own posts

Do you have a longing to react to your own posts on BL?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

someguyontheinternet

Moderator: CD
Staff member
I think we should be able to react to our own posts. I spent a decent amount of time on Facebook in the past and the thing I miss the most is the ability to like my own posts. I think that was the biggest way that I engaged with Facebook and it makes me feel like there are other users out there who might be attracted to this feature as well. Thus, the ability to react to our own posts would likely capture a large part of the market share that Blue Light is missing out on which would result in a growing user base and increased engagement statistics across the site. Thank you for listening, I appreciate your time and hope you had a nice weekend.

I think this is a serious funding opportunity. I would be willing to pay $2 per month to unlock this feature

More seriously, BLers should have a separate set of reactions they can use to give cakes and other tasty treats for the best posts. BL would become the worlds #1 website overnight.

what's the point of reacting to your own post @someguyontheinternet ?

if i saw a post by you that you 'liked' i'd think "sure he likes it - he wrote it". further, i'd assume if you didn't like it you wouldn't have bothered posting it...

it seems entirely redundant. what am i missing?

alasdair

Last edited:
It's for other people to react TO you. What sort of pathetic do you need to be to feel the need to stick a badge of self-approval onto every one of your own posts. If this feature were here I wouldn't use it because it's pointless and stupid. It's the equivalent of sending yourself Valentine's cards.

You think I'm not being serious? 😫

You can't tell me you've never wanted to 🤔 your own post

I admit I thought you were trollololling. So, uh, most people's reactions to whatever they're jabbering on about is usually contained within the words of their post? And the reactions of others can be gagued either by the content of their posts in response, or by the emoji they drop. Double-reacting seems useful only for ironicposting or trolling?

I think I should be allowed to like or love my own posts and people I disagree with are prohibited from using the emojis that question or react negatively to my content.

Why? Because I am a glorious poster and other posters are more shit posters who do no deserve the same rights to emojis.

I admit I thought you were trollololling. So, uh, most people's reactions to whatever they're jabbering on about is usually contained within the words of their post? And the reactions of others can be gagued either by the content of their posts in response, or by the emoji they drop. Double-reacting seems useful only for ironicposting or trolling?
Perhaps it could be limited to the lounge then

So What No GIF

Allowing users to react to their own posts has multiple positive effects including increasing visibility, as when a post has reactions it draws more attention to the post. On top of that, the type of reaction can help to set a tone for responses or interpretation of the post. Alongside those important points, reacting to one's own post can help act as personal feedback for the future self when they view their posts in the future. It allows a user to add another layer to their ability to communicate an idea or feeling that can't be encompassed in the post itself

Status
Not open for further replies.