• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Useful info regarding opiates and nausea

3dmusic

Bluelighter
Nausea ruins any high for me, I have a script for phenergan for anxiety, and I find it great for preventing opiate related nausea and vomiting.

Ginger is good, too, in the form of capsules or even ginger flavoured fizzy drinks, worked for me.
Nausea is enough to put me off, I hate it that much that I would rather take soemthing to prevent it, but I know some others say that you feel better after you puked on opiates.

Once, I had eaten a handful of dihydrocodeine, and forgotten my phenergan. I drank down half a can of cider pretty fast, and I thought I could feel some wind wanting to escape in the form of a burp, and out came a projectile vomit that literally travelled metres. We were on a bridge over the river,, and the puke just flew into the trees, but it had some real power behind it, and it's amazing to think of all that energy stored up in the body. I did get more rushes off the dihydrocodeine after puking, the high was much more euphoric.
Puking is a release of energy as well. I remermber doing HBW seeds, and something inside of me told me to make myself puke. It is something I have never done, stuck my fingers down my throat, I would have normally considered it unthinkable, but there I was sticking my fingers down, waggling them in a certain way, and out it came and it did feel like a purge.

I'm one of those people that says I feel better after I throw up on opiates, lol. Nausea is such a gruesome feeling for me. First I get really hot and sweaty, then my stomach starts to churn. I ALWAYS know whether or not it's going to subside or come up. Unfortunately, it's mostly the latter.

Without medication, laying on my back helps to relieve the nausea for me at least. I've heard of other people just laying down until it goes away. I have a script for Promethazine 25mg and Ondansetron 4mg; I switch up the two based on how much (hydrocodone/oxycodone) I take. I think Promethazine works wonders, no matter the dose.

Ginger helps, yes, just keep in mind that Ginger Ale isn't a huge helper.

Last weekend I had a pretty bad episode with opiate-induced nausea. I've been doing opiates for 5 years and vomiting is very rare for me. I think the problem was that I didn't have enough food on my stomach when I took my usual dose, I had a very light dinner about 4 hrs prior. I puked several times over about 12 h. Was considering giving up recreation usage because of that but I'm pretty sure it was just that my stomach was too empty. Just got to get back on the horse when you fall off :)

Iv grown prettt used to opiate naseua but i dont like it if its the point where i might throw up, ill put up with it tho as its not a super big deal just not comfortable.

I'm one of those people that says I feel better after I throw up on opiates, lol. Nausea is such a gruesome feeling for me. First I get really hot and sweaty, then my stomach starts to churn. I ALWAYS know whether or not it's going to subside or come up. Unfortunately, it's mostly the latter.

Without medication, laying on my back helps to relieve the nausea for me at least. I've heard of other people just laying down until it goes away. I have a script for Promethazine 25mg and Ondansetron 4mg; I switch up the two based on how much (hydrocodone/oxycodone) I take. I think Promethazine works wonders, no matter the dose.

Ginger helps, yes, just keep in mind that Ginger Ale isn't a huge helper.

Yeah, I only got help from the ginger beer.
Nausea is due to tension is the stomach muscles, and puking is a reflex action that happens when the tension gets too much and out comes the puke, and the release.
With hbw seeds, I felt like I was purging out negative feelings emotionally, releasing emotional as well as physical, but on opiates it was purely a physical thing.

To avoid nausea I take around 50mg of Diphenhydramine a half hour before taking the opiates. That's usually worked out for me.

To avoid nausea I take around 50mg of Diphenhydramine a half hour before taking the opiates. That's usually worked out for me.
Hydroxine works better than benedryl but if u dont have access to hydroxyzine its the next best thing.