• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Used to enjoy shrooms / LSD, now every time I try them I get extremely unpleasant bodyload / involuntary grimacing. Why?

Yes, true. And so significantly that the 200ug I took as a 20yr old is like a totally different drug to the 40yr old me.

I actually find that I tolerate psychedelics much better than I did when I was younger. I guess I am happier than I've ever been and this accounts for a lot, but I used to get nausea of basically every psychedelic, now I just don't. I don't really get any anxiety when I used to just get anxiety waking up in the morning. But other drugs, most of them, have just turned into unpleasantness.
siliow you’re one of the lucky ones ya know. First time I’ve heard how drug preferences change from folks that used to do psychedelics younger but now mostly just smoke weed and occasionally treat themselves with C or H I thought, no way, our crew wont ever become like that, but sadly big chunk did move away from psychedelics to mostly just weed and stims (luckily, I guess, just rare cases of those who went to opiods or other downers)..

I think trick is not to stop doing psychedelics less than one per month, not an advice for an average Joe but for HC psychonouts who are also poly-drug abusers, that way I think there’s bigger chance to end up like you and not eventually moving toward other drugs and having psychedelics more like an memory. What to me appears from online reading and interactions, NMDA antagonists seem to take some of ex-psychedelic enthusiasts on a totally different, more dangerous and likely bad path.

@SpiralusSancti I should clarify that my drug aversion has emerged after 15 years of drug abuse and addiction and I'm still on prescribed bupe. I've developed an almost conditioned aversion to stimulants, empathogens, benzos because I've experienced so much horror from them. Psychedelics just feel like the arms of an old friend in comparison... I feel like I could easily trip every week or more but as I don't want to lose the charm again, I'm gonna be more thoughtful than that...

by acceptance to you mean not fighting against something or all things?
how did you learn acceptance?
You didn’t ask me but I’ll still answer.
For me, acceptance as going in the flow even if flow feels as death or whatever.

Yes, true. And so significantly that the 200ug I took as a 20yr old is like a totally different drug to the 40yr old me.

I actually find that I tolerate psychedelics much better than I did when I was younger. I guess I am happier than I've ever been and this accounts for a lot, but I used to get nausea of basically every psychedelic, now I just don't. I don't really get any anxiety when I used to just get anxiety waking up in the morning. But other drugs, most of them, have just turned into unpleasantness.

I'm the opposite. I'm way more sensitive to them now and I find the mind "defragmentation" they create can make my life feel very disoriented and even de-stabilized if I take too high a dose. I've considered that it's because of the trauma I've suffered over the past 10 years, but I'm not sure. My body has also gone through significant changes.

I'm glad psychs work better for you now :)