• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Used to dihydrocodeine however strange effect after small dose taken for the first time in six years

3dmusic

Bluelighter
Hello I will start with my Bladder.
I drink 2 L of water a day or milk but no more than 2 L combined.
By the time late afternoon comes by I go to the toilet to urinate over and over and over again.
I have had blood scans but they have always been done in the morning and normal results have come out.
Food stays in my stomach for about 12 hour.
Are used to use dihydrocodeine regularly and have never had this reaction it is proper stuff not street.
I only took a very small dose as that was enough to get me high. 60 mg. I did this yesterday.
I was going to take 120 mg today but I could not because I like to use the toilet to defecate after I have used opiates so that I don’t get bunged up but this time despite eating a lot more than usual yesterday I still have not been to the toilet to defecate so I was not able to take 120 mg of dihydrocodeine today.
I know opiates cause water retention however it is well over 24 hours since I took the 60 mg and despite the fact that I have had a litre of milk and a litre of water and I normally start using the toilet to urinate very frequently after late afternoon I have hardlyUrinated today. I do not feel the urge to urinate. It’s not the Dihydrocodeine that is dodgy I don’t know if my body is having a funny reaction to it as I can’t poop and I can’t unit and I do not feel yet despite the fact that I have eaten and Drank lots.
Also it’s 27 hours since I took the small dose I also take 22 mg of Valium a day that is prescribed.
Can anyone shed some light on this because I was looking forward to taking that dihydrocodeine but my bowels do not let me given that I have not defecated since yesterday morning before taking the 60 mg. Thank you

So you took dhc and started urinating very frequently? Which eventually stopped? No other symptoms?

Hello I will start with my Bladder.
I drink 2 L of water a day or milk but no more than 2 L combined.
By the time late afternoon comes by I go to the toilet to urinate over and over and over again.
I have had blood scans but they have always been done in the morning and normal results have come out.
Food stays in my stomach for about 12 hour.
Are used to use dihydrocodeine regularly and have never had this reaction it is proper stuff not street.
I only took a very small dose as that was enough to get me high. 60 mg. I did this yesterday.
I was going to take 120 mg today but I could not because I like to use the toilet to defecate after I have used opiates so that I don’t get bunged up but this time despite eating a lot more than usual yesterday I still have not been to the toilet to defecate so I was not able to take 120 mg of dihydrocodeine today.
I know opiates cause water retention however it is well over 24 hours since I took the 60 mg and despite the fact that I have had a litre of milk and a litre of water and I normally start using the toilet to urinate very frequently after late afternoon I have hardlyUrinated today. I do not feel the urge to urinate. It’s not the Dihydrocodeine that is dodgy I don’t know if my body is having a funny reaction to it as I can’t poop and I can’t unit and I do not feel yet despite the fact that I have eaten and Drank lots.
Also it’s 27 hours since I took the small dose I also take 22 mg of Valium a day that is prescribed.
Can anyone shed some light on this because I was looking forward to taking that dihydrocodeine but my bowels do not let me given that I have not defecated since yesterday morning before taking the 60 mg. Thank you
Dihydrocodeine will cause constipation, I’m not surprised you haven’t had a bowel movement.

As for urination, a lower rate of urination can be caused by many things, your body requiring more fluids, sweating etc. I wouldn’t worry too much unless you were not going at all.

Are you having any other side effects? Rash, rapid breathing, sweating, runny nose etc.

So you took dhc and started urinating very frequently? Which eventually stopped? No other symptoms?
No I Urinated frequently long before I took dihydrocodeine for the first time yesterday in six years. It’s only today that I have Not urinated or defecated. This is why I could not take any more opiates today.

Dihydrocodeine will cause constipation, I’m not surprised you haven’t had a bowel movement.

As for urination, a lower rate of urination can be caused by many things, your body requiring more fluids, sweating etc. I wouldn’t worry too much unless you were not going at all.

Are you having any other side effects? Rash, rapid breathing, sweating, runny nose etc.
I only took a small dose.
I’ll try to sit on the toilet but nothing.
I haven’t sweated and I’ve drunk 2 L I’m normally urinating late in the afternoon very very frequently but I don’t urinate in the morning much but today I’ve had a urinated at all despite the fact of drank loads.
Was looking forward to take on some more today But because of my body not acting normally I can’t.

No I Urinated frequently long before I took dihydrocodeine for the first time yesterday in six years. It’s only today that I have Not urinated or defecated. This is why I could not take any more opiates today.
Like diz said it's a very normal side effect. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's causing discomfort or is extreme.

Your body can hold on to a surprisingly large amount of fluids before it actually becomes dangerous.

Fun fact: when I was being admitted to the psych ward I was still high on heroin and couldn't pee for the intake urinalysis so eventually they gave me a catheter simply to collect a sample.

Like diz said it's a very normal side effect. I wouldn't worry about it unless it's causing discomfort or is extreme.
I never used to behave like this with opiates and I used to take much higher doses I had a little bit of constipation and water retention but nothing like this and the dose Was the sixth of what I normally took.

I never used to behave like this with opiates and I used to take much higher doses I had a little bit of constipation and water retention but nothing like this and the dose Was the sixth of what I normally took.
Any other medications or changes in routine?

Spinach spinach spinach. Insoluble fiber all the way. Also, anything with alcohol sugars, malitol, xylitol, etc. Docusate sodium helps your colon to dump water in there. That's why you need the insoluble fiber. Fuck the soluble fiber shit. It will turn into concrete, and water added to it won't do shit once it's solidified.