• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Used benzos for a month or so, how safe to quit?

i took 2-5mgs per day of klonopin for close to a year, quit cold turkey and had no issues. But I wouldn't recommend that I had several doctors tell me that quitting like that you have a %60 chance of being fine %40 chance of having seizures and dying. try smoking lots and lots of weed when quitting i bought a few grams of wax and just chilled for a few days when i quit.
That's crazy I don't like those numbers risky business bro as for the dabs I'm with you on that one just so expensive where I am in Ontario

I was in Colorado at the time and ran out of pills/ my insurance did not cover detox so i pretty much put my health in the hands of lots of weed and CBD lol. CBD is said to prevent seizures so that was my logic behind that one. I would say just ween yourself off if possible but I didn't have any issues.

If you feel extremely shitty, feel free to go to the ER and explain your situation. I've done it with clonazepam and even etizolam, though they were a bit confused about what etizolam exactly was of course. They won't even drug test you, they'll work out a taper plan for you though. At least that's what I've done here in Canada. I used to have a 15mg/day etizolam habit for half a year or so, when I came off them it was complete shit.. I had no balance at all and it felt like I had a really bad flu. This lasted a few days. I would not recommend that. I was on a 2mg/day clonazepam habit for 1.5 years and I coldturkey'd that with no problems or side effects. I'm assuming you will have a harder time with the short acting benzos as you mentioned in your original post so, again, if anything comes up then feel free to go to the ER/walk-in clinic.

I had a Grand-Mal-Seizure from WD from using Oxazepam. Just for about 8 weeks, and not even every day, but on high doses. I did not even realise psychologically that I'm already addicted to that substance physically. I had to learn it the hard way - woke up in Hospital after the seizure and had to stay there 10 days. Horrible!

Take care :)

JoEhJoEh

It depends on the halflife i think... I was using lorazepam (ativan) for 6 weeks & i had withdrawals... Including hallucinations. It could have been the lack of sleep but ive never experienced that before though ive had lack of sleep many times.

It was a very difficult couple of weeks, from memory i had hallucinations, paranoia, severe anxiety, restlessness, confusion, rapid speech & general skattyness. I didn't have any physicalpain that i can remember

Love & Light

Just want to chime in here after reading some of the above stories about doing cold turkey and being fine. I was addicted to about 6mg of etiz a day and stopped cold turkey. Had a grand mal that lasted close to a half hour because of how long it took emergency services to arrive (was out in the country).

Do not mess around with the chance of seizures. I NEVER had health issues before, NEVER seized before, but only 24-36 hrs after I quit the etiz I had the worst type of seizure imaginable. There is no warning sign of having a seizure. Remember that.

EDIT: Basically don't want to instill fear, just giving you the facts. If you are comfortable below 2mg lorazepam a day I think you have a better chance of not seizing.

OP here, thanks for all the responses. I ended up being totally fine, I still use benzos recreationally (not nearly as often though) and haven't noticed any rebound anxiety or anything. Guess it was just opioid wd anxiety that was getting to me. But all the seizure stories here are a huge part of the reason why I quit using daily and now only use occasionally.