• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Use oral meth as meds

floodlight

Greenlighter
I’ve been on bluelight for years and have seen people go in depth with their ‘depraved’ (no offense. i’m a fellow druggy, just couldn’t find a more suitable word) meth usage. I never came across many people interested in using it therapeutically, possibly having a tweak night every once in a while. I mostly smoke weed but I started getting addys off a friend 2 years ago. I have a pretty extensive stim history and nearly hit rock bottom in that field, so i’m aware and honest with myself if I feel an issue developing.

I started to purchase scante around the beginning of the god awful adderall shortage, along with a triple digit scale to keep myself within bounds. I stocked up on food, water and protein shakes as well to make sure i didn’t have adverse effects. I dose using 1 ply of toilet paper, and parachute the crushed up product, dosing between .15-.40, depending on the potency. Two times a day is usually the best strategy but some days I’ve taken 3 or 4 with hours of space and food in between.

It’s been approx 1.5 years since and i’ve been okay. I’ve never smoked or iv’d. strictly oral, but dabbling in insufflation if i’m curious enough at times. I’ve even taken breaks at times, longest being like a month and a half, no adverse effects. I work in IT, exercise, do yoga, and still keep a general sense of normality. I have friends who aren’t aware of it and would probably shit a brick if they found out.

I understand the risks and all, i’m not here for the “BAD BAD BAD” replies. Curious if there’s anyone else who is in the same realm of using “hard” drugs as a substitute to their legal counterparts? Also curious if crushing up meth before oral dosing is necessary? I’d assume the powder would break down easier in the body.

EDIT: between .015-.040 not .15-.40 lol

Last edited:
By ".15-.40" do you mean .15g to .4g (i.e., 150mg to 400mg). Consuming 150mg to 400mg of meth twice a day is some heavy duty doses (400mg twice a day is nearly a full gram of meth). Or do you mean 15mg to 40mg?

In anycase, as to your question, I've tried to use crystal meth orally for functional purposes, as a substitute for ADHD meds. The problem was that, when having a large supply crystals, I found it too easy to take break off pieces that were definitely larger than necessary. Eventually i even stopped weighing the doses because I realized the dose were above what was necessary anyhow. While I was never the biggest meth fan (historically I'm more of an opioid abuser), I still have general addictive tendencies, and taking larger doses produces euphoric/reinforcing effects, so I have a hard time sticking to purely functional doses (which are 40mg or less) when I am in possession of a handfull of large crystals. So I'd find myself consuming a few hundred milligrams when in fact all I really needed was a fraction of that. While I was able to get a ton of work done at those higher doses, it impacted my sleeping, eating and behaviors. Additionally, doses like that are in the neurotoxic range, and are taxing on the body. So using oral crystal meth therapeutically doesn't work for me as I find it too easy to take more than is necessary.

If you are actually consuming 150mg to 400mg twice a day or more, hopefully it's low purity meth, because those are heavy doses. Because with high quality meth, 15-40mg would the range that would mimic the therapeutic doses used for ADHD, etc.

By ".15-.40" do you mean .15g to .4g (i.e., 150mg to 400mg). Consuming 150mg to 400mg of meth twice a day is some heavy duty doses (400mg twice a day is nearly a full gram of meth). Or do you mean 15mg to 40mg?

In anycase, as to your question, I've tried to use crystal meth orally for functional purposes, as a substitute for ADHD meds. The problem was that, when having a large supply crystals, I found it too easy to take break off pieces that were definitely larger than necessary. While I was never the biggest meth fan (historically I'm more of an opioid abuser), I still have addictive tendencies, and taking larger doses produces euphoric/reinforcing effects, so I have a hard time sticking to purely functional doses (which are 40mg or less). So I'd find myself consuming a few hundred milligrams when in fact all I really needed was a fraction of that. While I was able to get a ton of work done at those higher doses, it impacted my sleeping, eating and behaviors. Additionally, doses like that are in the neurotoxic range, and are taxing on the body.

If you are actually consuming 150mg to 400mg twice a day or more, hopefully it's low purity meth, because those are heavy doses. Because with high quality meth, 15-40mg would the range that would mimic the therapeutic doses used for ADHD, etc.
I am so sorry, math is my strongest enemy. Thanks for catching that, I’d probably get someone admitted if they followed what i said.

That’s the main issue I’ve seen with ppl attempting this as it can be quite compelling. For me, I usually put an amount good for at least a week or so into my drawer that is easily accessible. The big amount i keep stowed away in random annoying areas in my house to deter me from seeking it out unless it’s to fill the bottle in my drawer.

I also use weed at the end of the day to wind down, be hungry for a good meal, and keep the fiend tendencies away. Yoga, playing some video games, watching tv or calling up a friend to hang out or just talk also helps me.

I have mild Asperger’s so i wouldn’t say my personality is addictive as much as the ability to be social. Being lonely in life as a kid made me go down a bad path with drugs just to cope and “fit in” but meditation and therapy really got my noggin back on track.

I’ve been on bluelight for years and have seen people go in depth with their ‘depraved’ (no offense. i’m a fellow druggy, just couldn’t find a more suitable word) meth usage. I never came across many people interested in using it therapeutically, possibly having a tweak night every once in a while. I mostly smoke weed but I started getting addys off a friend 2 years ago. I have a pretty extensive stim history and nearly hit rock bottom in that field, so i’m aware and honest with myself if I feel an issue developing.

I started to purchase scante around the beginning of the god awful adderall shortage, along with a triple digit scale to keep myself within bounds. I stocked up on food, water and protein shakes as well to make sure i didn’t have adverse effects. I dose using 1 ply of toilet paper, and parachute the crushed up product, dosing between .15-.40, depending on the potency. Two times a day is usually the best strategy but some days I’ve taken 3 or 4 with hours of space and food in between.

It’s been approx 1.5 years since and i’ve been okay. I’ve never smoked or iv’d. strictly oral, but dabbling in insufflation if i’m curious enough at times. I’ve even taken breaks at times, longest being like a month and a half, no adverse effects. I work in IT, exercise, do yoga, and still keep a general sense of normality. I have friends who aren’t aware of it and would probably shit a brick if they found out.

I understand the risks and all, i’m not here for the “BAD BAD BAD” replies. Curious if there’s anyone else who is in the same realm of using “hard” drugs as a substitute to their legal counterparts? Also curious if crushing up meth before oral dosing is necessary? I’d assume the powder would break down easier in the body.

EDIT: between .015-.040 not .15-.40 lol
Well, if you're using 15 mg to 40 mg, that's right in the dysoxyn recommended prescribing guidelines for obesity and less than the narcolepsy prescribing guidelines.

So there's evidence that 15 to 30 mg or 40 mg a day as long as it is consistent and actually that low may not pose a significant issue with respect to addiction.

That being said, methamphetamine is insanely difficult to manage because exceeding your dose by only 10 or 15 mg. So you're taking 55 instead of 40? And now all of a sudden you want 65 mg and it creeps up until you're doing a point a day that becomes unsustainable. And before you know it, your hot railing 250 mg up your nose at a time.

Well, if you're using 15 mg to 40 mg, that's right in the dysoxyn recommended prescribing guidelines for obesity and less than the narcolepsy prescribing guidelines.

So there's evidence that 15 to 30 mg or 40 mg a day as long as it is consistent and actually that low may not pose a significant issue with respect to addiction.

That being said, methamphetamine is insanely difficult to manage because exceeding your dose by only 10 or 15 mg. So you're taking 55 instead of 40? And now all of a sudden you want 65 mg and it creeps up until you're doing a point a day that becomes unsustainable. And before you know it, your hot railing 250 mg up your nose at a time.
Keyword being “hot railing”.

If you smoke/shoot/snort meth it doesn’t last as long and you subsequently get an intense fast high, then come back down soon after. This often leads to extremely high daily consumption.

If you ingest meth it lasts 3x longer and there isn’t really a fast come up or fast come down. It’s sort of slowly takes you up and maintains you all day and then slowly brings you back down. It’s a far less addictive drug when taken in this manner. Also, If you exercise while coming down (as OP is doing), there’s basically no come down.

In addition, when you ingest/boof meth it goes through the first-pass metabolism, which is important.

Last edited:
I’ve been on bluelight for years and have seen people go in depth with their ‘depraved’ (no offense. i’m a fellow druggy, just couldn’t find a more suitable word) meth usage.
There’s a whole other World out there. And it’s all based on meth…:hypno:

Some of these “crazy” methheads are occasionally telling the truth. On everything.

If you smoke/shoot/snort meth it doesn’t last as long and you subsequently get an intense fast high, then come back down soon after. This often leads to extremely high daily consumption.

If you ingest meth it lasts 3x longer and there isn’t really a fast come up or fast come down. It’s sort of slowly takes you up and maintains you all day and then slowly brings you back down. It’s a far less addictive drug when taken in this manner. Also, If you exercise while coming down (as OP is doing), there’s basically no come down.

In addition, when you ingest/boof meth it goes through the first-pass metabolism, which is important.
If You booty bump meth it avoids a lot of the first pass metabolism because the veins in the rectum don't go to the liver.

I was just using hot railing as an example of the progression of methamphetamine addiction.

If you don't, have a draconian control on dose escalation. With respect to methamphetamine you will become addicted

Some people are prescribed Desoxyn.

As an ADHD, I can definitely feel the therapeutic effects of ice. You gotta eat, hydrate, sleep, and control your dosages.

I can see how things can go south from there too if you slip.

I have mild Asperger’s so i wouldn’t say my personality is addictive

Interesting. I've heard similar statements from others with either Aspergers or are somewhere on the autism-spectrum (i.e., that they have less trouble controlling compulsive addictive behaviors). I've heard this specifically in the context of stimulants.

Personally, I'm sort of the inverse of an autistic person, but a psychiatrist would describe me (and has) as having rather severe ADHD. So accordingly, my impulse control is quite poor. This makes crystal meth a poor option for me, therapeutically speaking.

So, when presented with a large supply of big shiny crystals I find it difficult (if not impossible) to not take "a little more" so I can get a bit of a buzz of it (though a single 150-200mg dose of oral crystal meth produces more than just a buzz -- for a person not accustomed to meth that kind of dose provokes sufficient serotonin release to make one sort of stretch and yawn as if you've take a small dose of MDMA). However, within a few days of dosing like that the serotonergic effects become less prominent due to depletion (serotonin stores are much slower to replenish than dopamine and norepinephrine). I even tried dissolve the crystal meth in water to dose volumetrically, which helped me consume less, but still too much.

But its a bit more complicated than just self-control issues, since even at therapeutic doses d-meth isn't the greatest ADHD drug for some people. Funny enough, I was once prescribed pharmaceutical grade d-methamphetamine (desoxyn) by my psychiatrist. Of course I hid my excitement (the dose prescribed was on the high end 40mg/day, due the high doses of dextroamphetamine I had been prescribed -- which the desoxyn was supposed to replace).

But after filling the pharmaceutical meth prescription I was actually rather disappointed with the desoxyn because not only did it not produce any real high at those prescribed doses, it made me feel kind of sleepy and spaced out. Dextroamphetamine is quite abit more stimulating than methamphetamine at low doses due to d-amphetamine's more pronounced effects on norepinephrine (relative to d-meth), so even though it would sound like blasphemy to some drug users, I actually requested to switch back to dextroamphetamine. The desoxyn did of course produce a high at higher doses, but I had to consume like 70mg or more to get there. But as an ADHD med, I found it too subtle at therapeutic doses, and perhaps most notably, I found it lacked the physical stimulation of dexedrine or adderall (which is what I need, a jumpstart of sorts). In contrast, I've heard from people on the autism-spectrum that for therapeutic purposes they find methamphetamine to be superior to dextroamphetamine or adderall.

That said, while low doses of methamphetamine probably aren't much more toxic/neurotoxic than comparable therapeutic doses of dextroamphetamine, you sort of indicated that sometimes you might take 40mg of meth multiple times a day, which probably is in the mildly neurotoxic range. I would avoid doing this, and I recommend daily supplementation with sodium R-Alpha Lipoic Acid (aka Na-R-ALA, which can be found on Amazon etc), as well as other antioxidants (like perhaps a few grams of vitamin C per day, etc) to help reduce toxicity/oxidative stresses induce by the daily meth use. You also might consider washing your meth to help reduce contaminants.