Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Use of Psilocybin for Anxiety/Depression/Panic attacks etc

suda51

Greenlighter
Hello all,

Let me apologize in advance for some of what I am about to post, as I'm SURE this has been absolutely covered to death in previous posts, but I just needed a place to express my specific issue and put all the info in one place, especially to get first-hand accounts from other forum members.

So, without further ado:

My SO suffers depression and severe anxiety attacks a few times a month. They are absolutely debilitating for her and the anxiety-cycling and growing feelings of worthlessness in the episodes create intense rifts between us when she is going through them. Additionally, this leads to her worrying "I'm going to leave her; I'm too good for her" etc. (which just makes the anxiety attacks/cycles even worse) and no amount of therapy (in the past) or me just offering re-assurance that "we're fine and will remain fine" ever seems to cut through it. She had tried anxiety meds and SSRIs in the past and the side effects (and financial costs) were just too much to handle for us (I'm sure more her than me).

So my question is to all who have tried or currently micro-dose psilocybin, what has been your experiences when used to treat SA and Depression?

We eat clean, exercise routinely, and just generally try to live as cleanly as possible, but for her it still isn't enough, so we feel more intervention is needed. No other drug use, smoking/drinking etc. So I'm not worried about any antagonistic effects.

Also, what are the practical aspects of obtaining/growing psilocybin (cubenesis)? It appears that the spores themselves are legal to obtain. How do I know which ones to get and from where? How fast does it grow and how can I find a guide on how to grow it ourselves? I understand that it IS a mushroom (so almost idiot proof to grow), but it doesn't prefer standard cellulose substrates like culinary mushrooms.

Ideally we would be interested in growing a *minuscule* amount for personal usage, for her use only on a micro-dosing schedule. Are the any side-effects from micro-dosing we need to be aware of? What is a good micro-dosing schedule to start someone with safely to initially avoid any psychedelic effects (unless those may be periodically beneficial)?

Again I do apologize I KNOW somewhere this stuff I'm sure has been answered exhaustively, but using the search function I just couldn't find anything that put all this together.

Thank you everyone.

Last edited:
Welcome suda51!

I suggest you look carefully at everything here :

pb

Last edited:
Have you tried CBD? That could take the edge off the anxiety without significant side effects. Perhaps something you can test while you grow the mud umbrellas?