Recruiting [USA] Community Health Discussion Session/Survey Study (Reimbursement up to $225)

imo this should distinguish between pharm fent and street fent / analogues / notazenes.
missing amanita muscaria, kratom, nootropics, kava kava, khat, ayahuasca (or other harmine/harmaline containing preparations as distinguished from raw NN-DMT),
yohimbe, peptides generally.
I did forget to say there's a follow-up question about whether someone was consuming each substance using a prescription or as prescribed (where relevant)
But yes, could add all those in too - not sure if some would come under some of the existing categories. Some certainly wouldn't!

The Bluelight community can assist with this question!

Recently my colleagues and I created the following list, which we think is fairly inclusive. Be keen to hear if there's any drug classes anyone reading believes we have left off.

Alcohol
Tobacco
E-cigarette/vaping device that contains nicotine
Cannabis and cannabis products
MDMA/Ecstasy/Molly
Cocaine
Amphetamine
Methamphetamine
Ketamine
GHB/GBL/1,4-butanediol
Nitrous oxide
Amyl nitrite
LSD
2C-B
Other 2C series (C, E, I etc)
Magic mushrooms (psilocybin)
DMT
Other tryptamines (4-AcO-DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, AMT etc)
Prescription benzodiazepines (diazepam, temazepam etc)
Prescription z-drugs (zolpidem, zopiclone etc)
Prescription opioids (oxycontin, morphine, fentanyl etc)
Prescription stimulants (methylphenidate/ritalin, modafinil etc)
Heroin
Synthetic cathinones (ethylone, n-ethyl-pentylone etc)
Other novel stimulants (4-FA, 2-FA etc)
Novel dissociatives (FXE, 2-FDCK etc)
NBOMe series (25I, 25C, 25B etc)
LSD analogues (1P-LSD, ETH-LAD, AL-LAD etc)
Novel benzodiazepines (etizolam, phenazepam etc)
Novel opioids (fentanyl analogues etc)
Synthetic cannabinoids
Anabolic-androgenic steroids
Other drug type/s - please specify

i may not have had enough to peruse this mighty list in detail enough.. caffeine?

Great question! I would say we would love more participants who use injection drugs, but people who use other drugs in addition to cannabis would not be excluded. Like you said, a full drug list is just a little hard to create. 😅
Hi... question here.

Curious, how soon after doing one of the initial "baseline" surveys and face-to-face meetings (the survey after the initial eligibility survey, the 12+ part one) would a participant begin the focus groups - would it be weekly, occurring on the baseline survey's day and time, or are participants being notified of a later date for the focus sessions to begin?

Inquiring minds and all that lol.

Hi... question here.

Curious, how soon after doing one of the initial "baseline" surveys and face-to-face meetings (the survey after the initial eligibility survey, the 12+ part one) would a participant begin the focus groups - would it be weekly, occurring on the baseline survey's day and time, or are participants being notified of a later date for the focus sessions to begin?

Inquiring minds and all that lol.
Great question! Usually, the discussion sessions begin one to two weeks after the baseline survey and occur weekly. We try our best to make discussion sessions the same day and time as the baseline survey, but sometimes the timing does not work out. In that case, we will send regular notifications about when the sessions begin.

Great question! Usually, the discussion sessions begin one to two weeks after the baseline survey and occur weekly. We try our best to make discussion sessions the same day and time as the baseline survey, but sometimes the timing does not work out. In that case, we will send regular notifications about when the sessions begin.
Excellent, so participants who have already completed the baseline survey (for example, this time last week lol) should watch their inbox for notification of when the discussion sessions will begin?

Hi everyone. Some minor details in this study have been updated in the original post, and it is currently looking for new recruits!

@socialactionlab This looks like a great study!
I unfortunately cannot participate as a Canadian, but I am looking forward to reading the results.

But yes, could add all those in too - not sure if some would come under some of the existing categories. Some certainly wouldn't!
I think that kava, kratom, and nootropics are absolute must-adds, but everything on that list is certainly worth adding.

As a participant a couple months ago, I'd just like to say everyone I was in contact with for the study was super nice and respectful, everything was very private, and they seem like they genuinely want to help in their field. Also I had no issues at all with compensation, everything was timely and as stated. Just wanted to maybe encourage anyone who was in the fence about participating. 🙂

🫠✌️

As a participant a couple months ago, I'd just like to say everyone I was in contact with for the study was super nice and respectful, everything was very private, and they seem like they genuinely want to help in their field. Also I had no issues at all with compensation, everything was timely and as stated. Just wanted to maybe encourage anyone who was in the fence about participating. 🙂

🫠✌️
How private is it when you're in a zoom call with a bunch of people who can see your face?

Hello everyone!

My name's Melody and I'm posting on behalf of the Social Action Lab at the University of Pennsylvania. I'm looking to recruit people for our study about community health and the opioid epidemic. The study has been approved by the University of Pennsylvania Institutional Review Board.

The study includes 3 surveys and up to 3 discussion sessions over Zoom (once a week over 3 weeks) or online health education materials. The maximum total time for this study is about 6 hours and compensates a maximum of $225 for completing all activities based on their group assignment. Specifically, details of the compensation for each activity are:
  • Questionnaire - $50
  • Attending an intervention session - $20
  • Going through the online health educational materials - $75
  • Creating an account for GROV - $15.
We are specifically looking for participants who:
  1. Are over 18 years old
  2. Have Zoom access
  3. Currently reside in the states of GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MO, NC, OH, PA, TN, VA, or WV
If you are interested, please fill out this interest form, and we will reach out to you to confirm you meet our study requirements: https://redcap.med.upenn.edu/surveys/?s=D9EP7JN7AE3J943A. Please note that we do collect information like phone numbers, emails, and zip codes.

I can be contacted at [email protected] or via the Bluelight private messaging system.

Thank you for your time!
Melody
I'm interested in this job