• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

US - YouTubers Use Nutmeg to Get High

To be honest, it's a hell of a lot better than a lot of stuff out there. I've never tried it, but in a way it isn't really that bad of a drug when it comes down to it, a spice, yes, and obviously a lot of people would judge somebody for being as dumb as to use a spice for a drug, but who cares really? As to whether it's dangerous, well obviously it is, all drugs are dangerous in their own ways. However, I don't necessarily think it's more dangerous than most drugs, in fact, it's probably safer than a lot of stuff that people do. For harm reduction sake, it's important everybody knows that this stuff has the potential to last for days, not just afterglow either, like full fledged trip face for days on end. but hey if that's something you think you'd enjoy go for it. I will say that if I had to either ingest nutmeg or that synthetic weed garbage teenagers smoke these days or paint fumes, I would definitely take the nutmeg.

I tried this stuff in the 80s. Downed about 3/4 of a tube of ground nutmeg by swilling it around in water. That was as much as I could take of the taste.

I was surprised how much it worked. I when at a nightclub with some friends who knew nothing except alcohol and was getting a bit panicy because I couldn't relate to anyone how much I was tripping. So I had a good time dancing instead :) One of the guys I was with looked like a robot as he only seemed to move one limb at a time as he was talking to his girlfriend. I was trying not to look too obvious as I couldn't stop laughing at him.

Next morning I couldn't get out of bed because my heart was racing like a humming bird every time I tried. When it eventually calmed down I spent the day in a pleasant dreamy state programming new sounds on my synth. Being able to visualise what something sounded like was quite interesting.

Interesting but never again! The body load is a bit fierce.

Maybe he was doing "the robot" at the dance club and you weren't tripping at all. Now THAT'S trippy!

I ate a sfogliatelle the other day and it tasted like nutmeg. I looked up the ingredients and I'm guessing I tasted the cinnamon mixed in with the candied orange peels, and vanilla extract. I prefer Southern Italian desserts that are from further south than Campania like Calabrian nougat, dried or fresh figs with honey, or cannoli.

Last edited: