Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

US - Why Wall Street loves the War on Drugs

edgarshade

Bluelighter
SFBG

04.09.12 - 1:15 pm | Tim Redmond

With reader comments

The raid on Oaksterdam has just about everyone in local politics engaging in a little head-scratching: What possible reason would the Obama administration have to crack down on medical marijuana in an election year? How does it help the president, who will be facing an unsettled and angry electorate in a still-tough economy, to alienate the pot smoking liberals of the world, who were at one point among his most loyal constituents?

What a fucking idiot.

Here's what make it worse: I don't think anyone at Goldman Sachs talked to the White House about this, but the 1 percent clearly have a lot to gain from the drug war.

And it has nothing to do with drugs.

More...
http://www.sfbg.com/politics/2012/04/09/why-wall-street-loves-war-drugs

It is all about the $.

I'm glad someone started to say it!

I didn't vote for Obama, I certainly wouldn't help re-elect him. :|

Says who? He can run independent. Doesn't mean he'll win but at least he isn't afraid to publicly take a firm stance against the war on drugs. I admire that.

It is all about the $.

I'm glad someone started to say it!

I didn't vote for Obama, I certainly wouldn't help re-elect him. :|

Did you need someone else to say it for you to know its all about the money? EVERYTHING is all about the money.

As much I think Ron Paul is awesome, I don't think he's going to win. He does represent us better than any other candidate though and him getting his message out there won't hurt our cause in the least, imo.

^ Honestly I don't believe he can win, but it wont stop me from voting. We have to give it a shot and try to get him to win independent... either that or just keep smoking cartel weed sprayed with febreeze and watching people get sick from levamisole coke. Or stay sober and just use prescriptions LOL.

I don't even smoke weed anymore because it supports the cartels...

That's a really far-fetched idea.
What is a really far-fetched idea?
That money makes the world go round?
Better take a close look around you.

^ Honestly I don't believe he can win, but it wont stop me from voting. We have to give it a shot and try to get him to win independent... either that or just keep smoking cartel weed sprayed with febreeze and watching people get sick from levamisole coke. Or stay sober and just use prescriptions LOL.

I don't even smoke weed anymore because it supports the cartels...

Ron Paul already won. He didn't win the nomination, but he knew he wasn't going to do that anyway. The good things he IS doing is bringing new ideas to the table which he has done a VERY good job of, and has the most loyal supporters around. Bringing new ideas to the table is the first step in major changes. We need major changes in the US and Ron Paul, while he'll never be president, is getting people used to hearing these new ideas, which is a great first step, and a victory in itself.

I knew ron paul would never win, just because people are too brainwashed to use their own head anymore- a majority of people in this country are just programmed robots marching along like a nazi soldier with their hand on their forehead saluting the american flag with tears in their eyes thinking they are the luckiest people on earth for being here (its sickening, yet kinda funny at the same time)

Even if he did win a majority of the votes, somebody would rig the counts in the end and make sure he never made it in. They know what they are doing.

why bankers love the war on drugs?

financing prisons. laundering drug money. investing said drug money. financing the debt used to pay for the DEA, local state & federal police drug task force buildings and equipment.

they play both sides.

Really disheartening to hear people say, "I love Ron Paul, but he's unelectable". No, that's what the media wants you to believe with all their talk of "Frontrunner Mitt Romney" etc. They tell you something so much you believe it's true and end up voting for someone else because they've convinced you it's a waste of your vote to vote independent of for someone like Ron Paul. Get real.

You're right about one thing--Ron Paul will NEVER win if his supporters have that kind of attitude! Apathy is one of the most dangerous mind states when it comes to important issues like this. I'm sure most Paul supporters will end up voting for Obama...again. Disgraceful.

Really disheartening to hear people say, "I love Ron Paul, but he's unelectable". No, that's what the media wants you to believe with all their talk of "Frontrunner Mitt Romney" etc. They tell you something so much you believe it's true and end up voting for someone else because they've convinced you it's a waste of your vote to vote independent of for someone like Ron Paul. Get real.

You're right about one thing--Ron Paul will NEVER win if his supporters have that kind of attitude! Apathy is one of the most dangerous mind states when it comes to important issues like this. I'm sure most Paul supporters will end up voting for Obama...again. Disgraceful.
I just dont think Ron Paul would make a good president, but he has been putting out some "new"ideas that are WAY past due to be discussed.

I'm probably going to support libertarian Gary King with my protest vote. Like Ron Paul he has no chance of winning. I'm doing it to lay a groundwork for the future because I am not happy with either of the two current parties.