• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

US - Top cop hospitalised after eating daughter's cannabis cake

poledriver

Bluelighter

A POLICE chief has been hospitalised after eating a cake laced with cannabis that had been given to his daughter by a friend.

Mike Berkemeier, who heads the police force in Laurelville Ohio in the US said he spotted the cake sitting on the kitchen counter - and wolfed down the lot.

"I got up in the morning and ate it -- the entire thing,” he said.

The effect was almost immediate.

”I thought I was dying,” he said.

In a state of panic, Mr Berkemeier jumped into his car and made for his office - the Laurelville police station - for help.

”I don’t remember much of the drive here, even though it’s just a few blocks and was met by a couple of the paramedics from the fire department," he said.

The officers rushed him to Berger Hospital in Circleville where he underwent a barrage of tests to try and establish what was wrong with him.

As the hours passed, Mr Berkemeier felt worse rather than better.

"I kept trying to explain to them this wasn’t getting any better. It just got worse,” he said. "I felt like I was out of my mind."

It wasn't until Mr Berkemeier's fiancee called his teenage daughter from his hospital bedside to brief her on his condition that the mystery was solved.

The mortified teen daughter confessed that the cake her dad had eaten had been laced with a high concentration of cannabis oil.

"My fiancée hung up the phone and called for the nurse and said, ‘Get a nurse here right away. I know what it is,’" Mr Berkemeier said.

Doctors immediately gave him a sedative to sleep off the effects of the drugs.

"It was probably the scariest thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life," he said.

It later emerged that a friend of his daughter's had brought the cake into the house.

Mr Berkemeier said police had not ruled out pursuing charges of corrupting another with drugs, and assault.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...ke/story-fneuzlbd-1226620973706#ixzz2QW0WKCVi

Mr Berkemeier said police had not ruled out pursuing charges of corrupting another with drugs, and assault.
Sounds reasonable, since the daughter's friend obviously meant to corrupt the police chief and to assault him as well. :|

um he just said he didnt even remember the drive, a clear indication of his intoxication
so are they gonna give him a dwi after they ruin some kids life?

Doctors immediately gave him a sedative to sleep off the effects of the drugs.

Why give him more drugs, all he needed was a playstation and some chocolate.

lol. It's just pot. What a puss.

Oral consumption of cannabis can lead to incredibly intense experiences - just as strong as LSD, for example.
Cannabis can be a real psychedelic, if you take enough (which typically only happens when one eats/drinks it).
And, if you were not experienced, it would be worse.
Also, if you were not EXPECTING it, it could be insanely intense.
Add these up, and it is easy to understand how the guy might have freaked out.

So it's ok to pursue a random persons friends and family in a case like this but when it's a cop they suddenly decide its not worth it? I think the daughter needs to receive the full book of charges like any one of us would face... It's only fair.

So it's ok to pursue a random persons friends and family in a case like this but when it's a cop they suddenly decide its not worth it? I think the daughter needs to receive the full book of charges like any one of us would face... It's only fair.

Nah, the psychedelic hell the cop went through is punishment enough for him. No need to ruin his family a bit further too.

^ I'm not sure the experience humbled him. He's probably even more pissed off in general regarding anything/anyone having anything to do with "narcotics" (assuming he's pro-drug war).

^ I'm not sure the experience humbled him. He's probably even more pissed off in general regarding anything/anyone having anything to do with "narcotics" (assuming he's pro-drug war).

That's certainly a possibility. Some people can't be humbled.

aboslutely hillarious. ingesting it orally can really be an intense experience, and a long lasting one at that. but they gave him sedatives to sleep it off lol i found that bit funny, give him more drugs to counteract the previous drugs.

Love when cops ingest weed and freak out! Reminds me of the one who ate weed brownies and called 911:

"Sir, what's wrong?"
"I'm dying. I think I'm dead. Time is going by really-really-really slow."

:D

aboslutely hillarious. ingesting it orally can really be an intense experience, and a long lasting one at that. but they gave him sedatives to sleep it off lol i found that bit funny, give him more drugs to counteract the previous drugs.

Squares help each other staying square in order to keep the world square.

I would probably get cuffed to the bed again.:p

A POLICE chief has been hospitalised after eating a cake laced with cannabis that had been given to his daughter by a friend.
Sure it was.. ha all my stuff was given to me by my friends too.. didn't get me off????????

”I don’t remember much of the drive here, even though it’s just a few blocks and was met by a couple of the paramedics from the fire department," he said.
DUID (driving under the influence of drugs)

Yeah eating cannabis can be intense, if it's made from heads and strong ones, i've had some cookies before that have totally nailed me to the extent of hardly being able to move or speak and anyone who came over would be like - 'whoah, you look so smashed' etc etc.. =D