Recruiting [US] Cannabis and Psychodermatology Study

UCLA Student

Greenlighter
Hi!

My name is Cara and I am an undergraduate student at UCLA conducting a survey with UCLA's Cannabis Research Initiative. The survey investigates how people might be using cannabis to manage psychological and dermatological symptoms, as well as how these symptoms may interact according to the principle of psychodermatology. This is an emerging field that emphasizes a correlation between the mind and skin, which have both been shown to be impacted by cannabis use.

The survey has been approved by the UCLA IRB. All participants must be over the age of 18 and live in the United States.

It is a short survey that will take around 5 minutes to complete, or less.

Thank you in advance for any participation, and here is the link to the survey: https://uclahs.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_72QYV1ebx04Uw8R

If you have any questions, my email is [email protected]

Odd is the mind and body. I've certainly never heard of psychodermatology. I will take your survey.

edit: that was..... 2 questions. Way less than 5 minutes. I felt like it could have been more. I do experience dermatological conditions however I blame them on alcohol and/or other liver damage.

either way I encourage and applaud your reserach. Have a nice day.

@UCLA Student

Is there supposed to be more than 2 questions? I don't get how a 2 question survey would contribute to science. Just me, though.

Its basically saying...do you smoke bud? If so, is your skin fucked up, have mental issues, or anxiety?

I didn't even get that. I don't even remember what it asked me :(

I said yes I smoke cannabis and it told me thank you for your answers... nothing else literally 2 questions.

I don't see how they didn't want more info. I never answered any question about my skin!!! (?) oh well lol

It asks this -

Are you currently diagnosed with or experiencing symptoms of any skin conditions (acne, eczema, etc.) or any mental health conditions (anxiety or stress, depression or sadness, etc.)?

YES / NO

Essentially.....is weed fucking up your life :)

it fucked my life up in a few ways but certainly not my skin baby

lol