• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Urine testing results.

Hi all. I'm currently doing urine drug tests for work and it's showing up morphine (which is what shows up with heroin) and I wondered if oxycodone which I'm prescribed would show up as morphine or something else? The tester has been assuming that that is what it is but I've now received a letter saying it was positive for heroin. So basically I'm wondering if oxy would show up as morphine, opiates or something else? TiA
An update is that my drug worker is now putting that my prescribed drugs show as morphine and they seem happy enough with that....thanks for all the info (some of it stranger than others haha)

Most codeine is made from turning morphine into codeine. It then metablizes as morphine

I have experience with piss tests. Probation and for my oxycodone script( and I also use to be on morphine too.) Oxycodone shows up separate from others. There is some overlap between some opiods but oxycodone is separate. It only shows up as oxycodone.
Heroin is di acetyl morphine or something close. Do not quote me but I think hydrocodone ( vicoden and Norcro may appear as morpine on piss test sometimes)
Morphine is more plentiful in the opium poppy than codeine something like 10% morpine and 2% codeine in raw opium. A lot of morphine is turned into codeine and another substance in opium thebaine is used in oxycodone and hydrocodone. But like I said oxycodone is looked for separately, I don't, unfortunately have any good news; sorry. They may have looked at it closer and realized it wasn't oxycodone.
It has to be the codeine as I experimented with stopping the oxy for a period so all I'd taken for over a week was the codeine. This is the shit you'd expect your mental health nurse to know at the substance misuse dept haha

Never underestimate the stupidity, of a supposed expert. I have failed/experienced tests; that had opposite problem. That testing company my primary doctor uses caught an accident of taking wrong meds. I just wish they would have told me, the first time I failed.

Last edited:
In Canada, I heard from one of my Law professors that it’s not illegal to use any “drug” while not actually working, and even while working, as long as it doesn’t impact one’s ability to do the job or put others at risk, it’s a grey area of Canadian law.

The problem is when companies put it in the contract as a condition of work then they can defeat that law. Employment lawyers specialize in this area of course, if you ever wanted legal advice for your situation.

This post should not be accepted as legal advice and proper legal advice should be sought out rather.

In Canada, I heard from one of my Law professors that it’s not illegal to use any “drug” while not actually working, and even while working, as long as it doesn’t impact one’s ability to do the job or put others at risk, it’s a grey area of Canadian law.

The problem is when companies put it in the contract as a condition of work then they can defeat that law. Employment lawyers specialize in this area of course, if you ever wanted legal advice for your situation.

This post should not be accepted as legal advice and proper legal advice should be sought out rather.
I work In a marine environment in UK, which is quite strict when it comes to drugs, although it's just a company's discretion whether they perform drug tests at all. Mine do, randomly as opposed to regular, but I've never actually been tested. It's actually prescribed drugs that ate more problematic for deug users in the industry, as wjen yiu get your medical then the doctor can see that toure precribed stuff. When i went for my ENG1 medical, i failes because im prescribed oxy but passed wjen i did a ML5 medical instead, which is less strict but is limited in what you can do (i cant skipper vessels over 60 miles from safe haven for exmple) In my original post I missed out a word by mistake......it should have said social work as opposed to work, as in, job.

The ironic thing is the the NE Scotland fishing industry has a maaaaaaassive problem with heroin addiction and vast majority in the marine sector of scotland in general are at least party drug users, if not downer monkeys like myself jaja!

What all that booze isn't enough? Heroin addicts make terrible soccer hoooligans. Oh no, I am now thinking about watching Braveheart, I don't have Trainpotting on DVD.
I wish I had advice, but I am stuck with American drug tests. After not very long The Oxy, unless hugh dose, should not affect job, it wakes my lazy ass up. I am not familiar with UK law. But hey, the Oxy can help you; if you need to head butt any daft tossers

Hi all. I'm currently doing urine drug tests for work and it's showing up morphine (which is what shows up with heroin) and I wondered if oxycodone which I'm prescribed would show up as morphine or something else? The tester has been assuming that that is what it is but I've now received a letter saying it was positive for heroin. So basically I'm wondering if oxy would show up as morphine, opiates or something else? TiA
It is probably possible to tell the difference unless it is just metabolites that come up. The tests use the hydrogen ions of the molecule to determine if a certain substance is in it. I think any opiate came up as morphine.

There’s ways to beat the test you just need very acidic puss from citric acid or vinegar. And drinking water.

There was also drugs made with nitrogen instead of hydrogen and those drugs don’t come up in urine analysis.

The person who invented drug tests owns the big conglomerate. Drug testing had nothing to do with government or police.

Yes, the tests I take oxycodone shows up as oxycodone, which I have a script for.

They test separate for oxycodone, also
Not on mine, they don't. It's been quiet on the testing front but I'll try to work out what it shows as. There is a random sort of misc one but I thought that was for my pregablin, Amitriptyline etc

I have experience with piss tests. Probation and for my oxycodone script( and I also use to be on morphine too.) Oxycodone shows up separate from others. There is some overlap between some opiods but oxycodone is separate. It only shows up as oxycodone.
Heroin is di acetyl morphine or something close. Do not quote me but I think hydrocodone ( vicoden and Norcro may appear as morpine on piss test sometimes)
Morphine is more plentiful in the opium poppy than codeine something like 10% morpine and 2% codeine in raw opium. A lot of morphine is turned into codeine and another substance in opium thebaine is used in oxycodone and hydrocodone. But like I said oxycodone is looked for separately, I don't, unfortunately have any good news; sorry. They may have looked at it closer and realized it wasn't oxycodone.
Thanks, it turns out that the codeinewas showing as morphine (they think).

Not had a chance to check what the Oxys show up as with Xmas etc

They may use a different test, I was shocked to find out all substances they check for at my doctor's office

They detected gabapentin in me even though it had been a while, they dected in more than one piss test but didn't say anything
I stuck to my guns(so to speak and still maintain they were in a similar bottle and same size and shape. It was an accident because my dad and I left all our pills bottles( besides painkillers and benzos on the same table) right near each other, still maintain I didn't notice, but it was gabapentin they detected which was very similar in size, shape and the bottle was Identical in size and from same pharmacy, they let it slide.

I work In a marine environment in UK, which is quite strict when it comes to drugs, although it's just a company's discretion whether they perform drug tests at all. Mine do, randomly as opposed to regular, but I've never actually been tested. It's actually prescribed drugs that ate more problematic for deug users in the industry, as wjen yiu get your medical then the doctor can see that toure precribed stuff. When i went for my ENG1 medical, i failes because im prescribed oxy but passed wjen i did a ML5 medical instead, which is less strict but is limited in what you can do (i cant skipper vessels over 60 miles from safe haven for exmple) In my original post I missed out a word by mistake......it should have said social work as opposed to work, as in, job.

The ironic thing is the the NE Scotland fishing industry has a maaaaaaassive problem with heroin addiction and vast majority in the marine sector of scotland in general are at least party drug users, if not downer monkeys like myself jaja!

That sucks bro, I’ve worked in the industry my whole life and I’ve never even HEARD of anyone being drug tested. I mean if your vessel is involved in some kind of incident, like it runs aground, collides with another vessel etc the Coast Guard will drug test everybody but otherwise, I don’t think there’d be many people left in the industry if everyone got drug tested lol. Maritime work is probably second only to the food service industry as far as drug-addled segments of the economy go 🙄

That’s actually one of the things I like about it, no one really cares about your past or if you’re a depraved druggie criminal or anything, only that you're a competent “hard worker”. It’s led me to work with people from all different backgrounds and walks of life…like one year I worked with a guy who had done almost 20 years for kidnapping & accessory to murder, while the next year I worked with a guy who was completely his master’s degree in robotics engineering or some nerd shit like that lol. All different walks of life