• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

urinary Retention issues - upcoming music festival

Hkrodin23

Greenlighter
I've recently been experiencing symptoms of neurogenic bladder (i.e: not being able to fully empty bladder, no sensation of bladder being full, inability to urinate at times). This all started about a week after taking a dose of MDMA at the beginning of the year. I was given a catheter and had a cystoscopy done and the symptoms went away. I started experiencing symptoms a couple days after another dose of MDMA in April (was unaware MDMA was the root cause). I went to see a urologist and they prescribed me flowmax and I was able to slowly get back to urinating normally again. During the time between MDMA doses I was taking LSD about once every 1-2months and was not having any troubles urinating. However, a couple weeks ago I had an episode of not being able to urinate after taking a hit of LSD (about 3 weeks after my last MDMA dose). I'm going to a music festival in a couple of days and I'm planning on taking some LSD. I'll be taking my flowmax script and some diurex in case I'm unable to piss again. Beyond taking these, does anyone have recommendations or experience with drug induced urination problems.

Appreciate any advice!

The feeling in the bladder is completely gone, as in running the risk of going for a couple of days until suddenly there is a cascade of ten litres of piss or a rupture and that kind of thing?

When I used to get urinary hesitancy and bloating from opioids and anticholinergics what helped me was hydrochlorothiazide for the bloating, which also increased the volume of bladder contents, and then to actually let it fly I would take two or three deep snorts of amyl nitrite. It wasn't so much the opioid analgesia reducing the bladder feeling as the whole gestalt created by all of the drugs making it feel like there was pressure and constriction inside my whanger and my bladder was temporising and hemming and hawing about letting the piss go, like really serious shy bladder.

It's never been more than 24 hours without any urination. The worst it's been is barley squeezing out piss for a couple days in a row. I've never experienced bladder pain either.... I just know that my bladder is full and I should be able to go.

You have any recommendation for over the counter hydrochlorothiazide? I leave for the festival tomorrow.

Thanks for the response.

If there is squeezing involved, I suppose that phenazopyridine could still be of help, it is the urinary tract anaesthetic which is available over the counter most places. Diurex actually was quite effective for me too, almost to the level of the HCTZ, which I have only heard of being OTC where everything is OTC. What is the volume involved? Often I have found it easier to drink an entire bottle of apple juice and pass a lot of dilute urine than a little concentrated urine, and apple juice itself probably helps.

The volume varies depending on how well I'm able to go. Diurex has been doing the trick for me recently.

Think I'm just going to start with a small dose and see how my bladder handles it. Appreciate the help