• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Urgent Opiate Questions?

Justin1020304

Bluelighter
Basically i'll just start with my "tolerance" and experience. about 4 days ago i tried opiates for the first time (Vicodin) i had 15 mg and spreaded it out about 2 hours. The day after took 10mg at once then 5mg 45 minutes later. Day after took 15 mg all at once then 5mg about 40 min later. Day after (last night) took just 5mg. Now i have 20mg and was wondering if i have a tolerance already. and if 20mg at once would be a good dose with my tolerance? Or would it make much of a difference to take 25 mg. Please no preaching, im aware and wont have anymore for at least a few weeks, not sure if ill even get it then. Any advice would be great thanks!Also would like to know when i should eat to increase effects?

It just means that your post got moved to the correct forum. Nonetheless, i am going to preach because you seem to have a very naive attitude towards opiates, and i hope that does not come back to bite you in the ass. Please spread out dosages with several days in between, then you would not have to worry about tolerance much at all. Either way, taking 20mg or even 25mg will not be too much for your very small tolerance. If they are pills with acetaminophen/paracetamol in them please do a cold water extraction so that you do not harm your liver.

Be careful, and dont underestimate opiates/opioids.

What has been said + empty stomach is (usually) the best state to take a drug in; faster absorption, more consistent and linear effects.
Opiates produce noticeable acute (immediate) tolerance; dosing shortly after is somewhat wasteful.
You have your whole life to consume your current supply, why not try and make it last a while? It's hard to overcome the urge to be high until your supply is gone, but you'll appreciate it more if you spread it out.
Tolerance isn't simple- there's pharmacodynamic tolerance (what you seem to be worried about), pharmacokinetic tolerance (enzyme downregulation, 'biological' tolerance), conditional tolerance (taking a drug in the same manner/setting), behavioral tolerance (becoming familiar with effects, 'psychological' tolerance), et al. Lots of factors that make your returns more minimal when using daily.

Since it seems as though you are naive in regard to opiates I feel compelled to make sure you are very aware of how addicting these thing's can be. It's obvious you are enjoying the feeling they are giving you and I certainly understand that. I also began just like you are, nearly identical actually and six months later it was an everyday thing. When I did finally say ok, I should take a break I realized very quickly I was physically addicted. What you are toying with is powerful and it has stolen the lives of countless people. Respect it and if you choose to dabble with it take the time to read the information contained within BL and use it as safely as possible. Good luck.

20 or 25 isn't going to matter much. You're safe with either.

What I would recommend though is never dosing back to back days. You experience a much better high when you give your body a break and your brain time to restore its dopamine. It's not that you develop a tolerance after 3 uses, but you're taking back to back to back. You aren't addicted so you don't need to dose daily, so --don't. And in the long run, if you get a taste for opiates, this advice will keep you from developing a physical habit.

And when new to opiates, take the smallest dose that gets you where you want to be. It's smart to keep tolerance as low as possible

Also--a hint--take whatever you're going to take all at once. Taking 15 mg then 5 later is kind of a waste. Those pills won't "extend" the high doing that, and you're basically wasting the second dose. They're not good for stacking like that.