• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction URGENT: METH USE & Scabies Infections - Correlated?

arthunter888

Bluelighter
*** This is a lengthy post, but the first half just deals with my background and less-important stuff, which may or may not be relevant to the main issue. If you don't have time to read all this and want to get to the important issue I need help with, please skip down and start just past the dotted line ***

Background:

--Otherwise healthy male close to 30 years old. Have been using opiates semi-frequently for the past ten years, with the past 2 years being physically dependent (daily use on heroin, although the type I get is very pure/clean and I still always use .22 micron filter before injection).

I just recently had to take a break from heroin due to supply/source being dry for a while. I am currently using about 2mg of buprenorphine per day IV'd. (I use scale-measured amounts of powder from the Roxanne subutex pills to prepare the injections,) to maintain on, via injection of subutex pills, also .22 micron filter as the last step),

Since I was still suffering from major cravings, I thought I should move to a different drug, at least until the worst of the heroin detox period is over with. So I had a newfound curiosity to experience other drugs, and have tried high-purity cocaine a few times (also IV, it's the most intense IV rush I've gotten from ANY drug, but once that 'bell-ringing' head-rush is over it's pretty much just anxious racing thoughts for 30 minutes to an hour, not really a pleasant high for me).

Anyway, when I realized I could not afford the cocaine anymore (it was very expensive/taxed due to quality), so I came up with a brilliant thought, "Huh, I wonder what Methamphetamine is like" lol. Some research told me that not only is it much cheaper (less than half the price of high-end cocaine), but it also lasts all day and creates a far greater level of chemical euphoria in the brain, so it's generally superior in several ways. I was also aware that meth is toxic as fuck no matter what the purity, so I intended on just trying it a few times or at worst, chipping with it on the weekends. My main initial goal was just to experience it out of curiosity, as it's one of the only drugs left (that I'd be open to try) that I haven't tried in life (only other ones on my bucket list are DMT, mescaline, ketamine,. I certainly did not intend on regular use, but of course it (kind of) ended up that way (to an extent).

My first dose was 30mg of nice glass, didn't do much, so I did more, total of 100mg, and that was just the right dose for me (nasal/snorted). Of course I loved it on the first try when those tingly waves began running through my whole body, the heavenly euphoric sensation of pleasant electricity that is in many ways comparable to the upbeat euphoria of Oxycodone just different energy level. Also seems great for sex as orgasms became unbelievably intense that it felt unreal; like easily 3x the intensity vs non-meth orgasms. Oddly though no matter how high the dose, I never get the stereotypical motivation to be productive like clean my house and stuff like that as most meth heads do (my house still looks like crap despite this being the 3rd week (not in a row) of meth use since I started. It gives me energy, but unfortunately not any motivation at all to direct that energy into something specific, sometimes I just end up pacing around the house while listening to good music). Sometimes it can feel very stimulating, but other times I can describe the feeling as 'relaxing' and euphoric at the same time (I can even nod a little when combining with strong benzos), and I think the reason is because I do have a moderate case (somewhere between mild and severe) of ADD (medically confirmed), meaning amphetamines typical have some opposite effects on ADD/ADHD people compared to non-ADD/ADHD so that may explain why I react differently and don't get totally tweaked out. And the high also felt very lucid and 'clean' (if the batch of meth isn't cut/dirty) unlike cocaine which can really give me an anxiety attack no matter how pure it is.

But something this powerful obviously makes it equally very addictive, I find myself more psychologically addicted to meth than even opiates (and I consider opiate effects to be the best sensations a person can ever experience). With opiates, I could do a certain amount of pills or heroin and then leave it alone for the rest of the day, but with meth there is a higher 'compulsion' to do 'just a little bit more' even before the initial dose has worn off. Although it is mostly psychological addictive, there is definitely some level of physical dependence after repeated usage because I experienced withdrawal symptoms after stopping a 3-4 day binge, and I found the physical sensations to be SURPRISINGLY similar to opiate withdrawal, especially that depleted/run-down feeling when waking up for the day (and the intense dreams/nightmares), just a bit less intense than opiates but nonetheless unexpectedly similar (for me at least).

So to summarize, the aspects I liked about meth include powerful orgasms, euphoria and smooth/energy that lasts all day, and the very cheap price of it compared to nearly every other narcotic drug.

The negative side-effects I experienced: besides the obvious toxicity and negative health effects, severe insomnia (worse with higher dosages), constant energy that can cause tension at times when I don't want/need it, LOTS of teeth grinding and jaw clenching (now I know why meth heads loose a lot of teeth, they grind them to nothing over the years), the tendency to uncontrollably ramble on in conversations (and generally talking WAY WAY more frequently especially for me (I'm very quiet/reserved most of the time around strangers, as most introverts are of course). This one has made my co-workers suspect I am on something (not sure if they know for certain) but it's pretty obvious when just yesterday I didn't say a word, and now all the sudden, overnight, I'm a social butterfly that talks to EVERYONE I work with (lol) about random and fast-changing topics that just pop into my head at that moment, so obviously social problems can be caused by this aspect of meth. But for me, the worst side-effect so far caused by meth (the main reason for this thread):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SCABIES]:

For those who don't know, scabies are a type of parasitic insect (very small almost microscopic) that are extremely contagious and burrow under human skin and lay eggs, causing itchy/burning scaly skin and/or painful rashes that are red in color, vary from small to large sizes, contain many tiny raised bumps, similar to small pimples in appearance. I am NOT talking about hallucinated "meth bugs" that I *think* are crawling on my skin, I never stayed up for more than 2 days in a row so fortunately I did not get that 'common' part of the meth experience (hallucinations).

This first 2 grams of meth I bought seemed quite pure/clean (I could tell by the mild taste when vaporizing). 1st gram was about a month ago, and I did it all in one binge (5 days) then was out for a week and a half. So at that point when it was around again I bought another 1.5g, and this batch was very similar purity to the 1st, definitely high quailty. Anyway, sometime during my 2nd meth binge (2nd one lasted 7 days), I noticed that after work I had a burning, red-colored rash between my upper legs in the groin area- including near/under the testicles, and the general area of skin on each side of my groin, and also a portion of the taint (the area between testicles and anus).

This is nothing new for me, and has happened on several occasions in the past when I have had busy nights at work that are also very hot/humid nights (so only happens in summer). It's basically a moisture rash (practically the same skin irritation babies get in the same area, only that is called 'diaper' rash, but it's also due to the skin being too moist). What happens (for me) is that the heat, humidity, and increased physical activity all combine and cause me to sweat a LOT (and I generally sweat more than the average person to begin with during physical activity), meaning my entire body gets soaked in sweat to the extent that even my clothes become damp/wet from all the sweating. So, given that I am walking WAY more on a busy night, the skin that is already irritated from being very moist via the sweat on the inside of my upper thighs (groin area: near/under testicles and around taint also). As far as I know this type of thing normally only happens to people who are overweight enough that they have a lot of fat in their upper thighs or general groin area, making it more likely that the skin of the inner/upper thighs rub together frequently when walking, causing enough irritation to cause a buring rash. I am overweight- not obese- but moderately overweight so I now have huge fatty upper thighs that are the perfecdt size for rubbing together when I do a lot of walking.

NORMALLY, I just take a shower and make sure to thoroughly clean the irritated area of skin with soap, and the rash goes away in a day or 2 max.

BUT, this time was different. The rash did not go away in 2 days, it got worse with each new day (more itchy and painful/burning every day), and I could tell by the unusual size and appearance of it that this time it was more urgent. Also the rash was different this time. It was not just a simple red and burning rash, but this time it also came with small raised bumps, and also patches of raised skin (I actually thought I had worms under my skin for the first week due to the shape and length of most of these 'patches' of skin). So of course, I did some google research and *thought* what I had was the common "jock-itch" (a fungal infection that is easily treated with OTC anti-fungal cream). So I bought some Lamasil (spray can) at a pharmacy, and completely saturated that whole area till it was soaked in the liquid Lamisil. This seemed to work a *little bit* by slowing the spreading down. For the first 4 days, the rash became smaller, less red, and less itchy. But eventually it came back, and continued to get more severe again. And even worse, it eventually spread beyond the groin area. I had it on my shoulders, arms, upper chest, neck and back also. It spread so rapidly that it was nearly covering my whole body (which the exception of my legs, feet and stomach). I even had some of it on my face (cheeks, forehead, etc).

Trust me, it can be extremely mind racking (especially when strung out on meth, let alone sober) when you have thousands of tiny little insects you can't even see digging under your skin and laying eggs inside. I can literally feel some of these mites moving around under my skin, which leads to constant itching that you are not supposed to scratch, so it's almost as bad as torture, especially at night trying to sleep.

At this point, I began to worry, and saw a doctor. It wasn't what I thought (worms). He actually diagnosed these rashes as (with 99.9% certainty) a progressing Scabies infection (already summarized this infection, but just wikipedia it if you want to know more). Since these are parasitic 'mites' (so small they are usually invisible but you can see some of the bigger ones if you look hard enough or use magnifying glass), rather than worms or fungi, the Lamisil spray slowed down the speed of progression, but didn't kill all of them.

So the doctor prescribed me some topical cream specifically for treatment of Scabies, called "Permethrin". I had to apply it to my entire body before bedtime so it fully absorbs into the skin overnight. He said it should clear up with just one application within a week, but sometimes a 2nd application is needed, in which case, that is done 7 days after the 1st application. So, after my first application, I had some success. The rashes diminished and did not bother me as much, but there were certain sections that would not disappear fully despite not bothering me much. So I did the 2nd application after 7 days. That seemed to be enough, because by the end of that week, 80% of my rashes/bumps cleared up, and I frequently saw dead mites (SO MANY OF THEM) on the surface of my skin.

I was happy that it **seemed to be over with**, but what baffled me was the question of: how the hell did I get this in the first place. The doctor said the Scabies mites are usually spread between people via physical contact (most commonly during sex, but more rarely, even handshakes can do it), but I haven't had sex in over a year, haven't been to a gym, had not physical contact with anyone, and have been shaking the hands of strangers for years without any problems. After thinking about it, I realized that I got this infection at the same time I was in the middle of a meth binge, so I concluded that most the infection was most likely due to meth (I'm not sure why exactly since meth is toxic I'd expect living things to stay away from traces of it, but some google searches have suggested Scabies mite in particular is attracted to the scent of meth residue that ends up in the user's pores/sweat (not sure why, maybe they are immune to it's toxic properties)? I wasn't really sure why, but I was 100% sure that the Meth was the cause (or catalyst, whatever the case may be). During the 1st outbreak, I thought it MIGHT have just been a coincidence that the outbreak occurred during a meth binge, but:

Right around the time that my infection was reduced/cured by about 80% (I was 2 weeks clean at this point, and the infection lasted a full 3 weeks since the first outbreak), my heroin supply ran out again! So what does my dumb ass do? I just hate going on with life without any heroin/opiates at all, so I buy another 1.5 of meth to satisfy my cravings to get high (I rationalized it as just a coincidence and convinced myself the Meth was unrelated to the Scabies infection, WRONG). Only the batch of meth this time around seems lower purity as it tastes terrible when vaporizing and leaves a small amount of brown residue behind, unlike the previous 2 batches.

So, as I am writing this, I am 2 days into my 3rd meth binge, and guess what happens? The Scabies infection, which I was CERTAIN would be COMPLETELY gone in just a few more days, comes back full force (only took 2 days), and this time the irrritation/itching is even more severe, and now it has also spread to my back unlike before. The bumps on my arms/shoulders are larger and more red, so the Scabies infection seems to be more aggressive and spreading more quickly this time. But both times, the outbreak occurred when using meth, so that's why I'm certain that was the cause. But, even knowing this, I know I won't be able to stop the meth because of how addictive it is. I just don't have to discipline to just stop right now (although I have been trying to use lower doses, both due to the lower purity and also so the withdraw next time after I run out won't be as bad). So basically for now I just plan on using it continually till it's gone, so that may be another week or more given I still have about 1.2g as I write this, and I don't want to waste it either.

I have one tube of cream left, so I am going to apply that after I post this and see what happens. I'm going to let the cream do it's job again, but if that fails and the infection continues to worsen then that may give me just enough motivation to just quit and discard the remaining meth I have left.

I was just so un-aware that Meth use could/would cause a Scabies infection that I have a few questions about this bizarre situation I've never been in before:

1) Has it ever been scientifically proven that Meth can/does lead to Scabies infections? If yes, why? Weakened immune system making the user vulnerable to ALL types of infections, or is it specifically just Scabies infections correlated with meth use primarily?

2) Is it true that the Scabies mite is actually attracted to Meth and/or the scent of it? And if yes, what is the reason for this (how does meth benefit a microscopic mite? Logically I would have assume the toxic chemicals in meth would kill organisms, not attract them!), so I am very curious as to the scientific explanation if there is in fact a well-known correlation between meth use and Scabies infections. I actually didn't find any info on this via google, so that's why I'm posting here.

3) Normally I used meth only via snorting and vaporizing (cleaned out glass light-bulb and torch lighter), but there were 2 times (1 with the 1st batch, and 1 with the 2nd) out of curiousity that I IV'd the meth as I was curious what the rush was like. The first injection was only one day after I tried it for the first time, so that happened early enough that I wonder about it as the potential cause. The shot actually caused burning sensations in my vein (the one used for injection) that lasted a few hours. The 2nd shot (using the 2nd batch) oddly did not burn at all (I specifically told my source to get me a batch that won't cause pain when IV'd, and stunningly, he did, lol), maybe because it was a different batch (fewer leftover cuts and/or laboratory chemicals perhaps).

But I'm wondering: even though I used a .22 micron filter before injecting (both times), is it possible that the Scabies mites (or eggs) somehow made it into the shot and then into my bloodstream, or would I likely have gotten the infection regardless of ROA (even if I did not inject it at all), in which case the mites would have invaded just by landing on my skin correct?

4) Is it possible that Meth shards can actually contain these mites or their eggs? I've seen a few shards of meth (not many though) that had tiny tiny little black specs on them, which could possibly be the Scabies mite but I can only speculate.

5) If I use up this last tube of cream and I still have the infection a week later, would it seem suspicious if I returned to the doctor that saw me the first time? He said the majority of Scabies cases resolve in 1 or 2 weeks MAX with the use of the Permethrin cream, and for me it's now been a full month since the first outbreak so he may think that is very unusual for someone in my age with relatively good health, which would be a reasonable reaction). Just in case, I avoided going to my 'family doctor' and went to an urgent express place to ensure I saw a doctor that didn't know me, and I will do the same if it's still needed by next week. I am just a little worried that (if it is true that Meth use and Scabies are well-known to be correlated), the doctor may put the 2 together and may know that I am on meth (given how long the infection is lasting even with the application of the cream 3 separate times) and he could put a "drug seeker" alert on my medical file. I did not mention the meth use on the first visit and I don't ever plan on mentioning it or any other drug use to any doctor. Being labeled a drug-seeker on your medical file stays in your medical history for life so is just something I'm not willing to risk, and if that DID happen, that would mean I can never (or at least will have extreme difficulty) be prescribed any medication that can be abused recreationally. So if I happen to get into a bad car wreck or some other very painful injury, I will be forced to suffer hellish pain without any pain meds. I wouldn't even be surprised if doctors withheld benzo scripts from patients labeled 'drug seekers', which I currently use regularly (I currently rely on benzos frequently for chronic, sometimes severe anxiety, related to PTSD so that's another thing I don't want to lose by mentioning meth use to a doctor. Unless there is a place I could go to locally that is more anonymous and does not report drug users (I don't know of any). This is probably just the meth paranoia, but figured it can't hurt to float this overall thought.

Any insight on these questions will be great help. thx for reading this far.

I am 99.9% sure the meth has nothing to do with you getting scabies. Meth is usually kept in plastic bags. If there was scabies in the meth they would die due to suffocation. You may have contracted it from the drug dealer who sold it to you. The scabies could of been on the outside of the bag. You probably contracted it a second time because of your environment. Make sure you disinfect your whole house. Every peace of clothing or fabric (ex curtains, sheets, blankets) you own has to go in the washer even if you had no contact with it. Every wash should be warm to hot water and should soak in wash for an hour prior to wash load starting. Every item you own must go in big garbage bags and tied up for 48 hours not letting any air in. Every square inch of your house has to be disinfected. You have to wipe down everything with a heavy duty cleaner. While your cleaning make sure your covered head to toe and ALWAYS WEAR PLASTIC GLOVES.

I am 99.9% sure the meth has nothing to do with you getting scabies. Meth is usually kept in plastic bags. If there was scabies in the meth they would die due to suffocation. You may have contracted it from the drug dealer who sold it to you. The scabies could of been on the outside of the bag. You probably contracted it a second time because of your environment. Make sure you disinfect your whole house. Every peace of clothing or fabric (ex curtains, sheets, blankets) you own has to go in the washer even if you had no contact with it. Every wash should be warm to hot water and should soak in wash for an hour prior to wash load starting. Every item you own must go in big garbage bags and tied up for 48 hours not letting any air in. Every square inch of your house has to be disinfected. You have to wipe down everything with a heavy duty cleaner. While your cleaning make sure your covered head to toe and ALWAYS WEAR PLASTIC GLOVES.

I wasn't assuming there was actually scabies on the meth or bag (that was just one of the possibilities I was brainstorming about, just in case) I mainly just asked that question for the hell of it just in case it was true. But the timing of it makes me very convinced that meth played some type of roll because like I said, I haven't had sex in over a year, haven't gone to a gym, and no close contact with others, so it just doesn't make sense I would catch this infection at the exact same time I start using meth, and ALSO when infection is mostly gone when I was clean, it suddenly came back immediately when I started using meth again after the break. I believe in coincidences, but not 2 at the same time with the same theme. That is way too much evidence to be just coincidence. I shower every single night and practice good hygiene, and I never got this infection before and I've slept with some really easy women before and in some very dingy motel beds, and never had any type of even minor skin infection my whole life.

Does anyone know if meth has direct side-effects on the skin that makes it more vulnerable?

I remember from a google search that someone mentioned the mites are attracted to the scent of meth and like to land on people who use meth when they smell it in their pores. Can't remember why but something to do with the meth in the pores making it easy for them to lay eggs . Again this is 3rd party info so I haven't verified it.

Either that or it compromised my immune system enough to make me vulnerable to catching the infection, and scabies just happened to be the mite that is in my environment. The true explanation has to be one or the other, I can't think of any other scenarios in which meth would make scabies infections more likely in an indirect way. But I'm not saying there could be other explanations, just none i can think of..

I actually read something from a google search that claimed Scabies are attracted to the scent of meth in the pores of users, so that makes sense (if true)

do you pick your skin when you use? possible correlation?
sorry i just skimmed your post just about to go bed i've probably missed tons so i'll check it out tmo but yeah, if you're picking that;s a factor

Well correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there two different issues? one is the bumps you get in the summer around your groin and the other is scabies?

Sometimes coincidences are just that. Meth does not cause scabies and certainly couldn't contain the mites either.

I apologise if you had other questions but you've written too much text for me to skim easily.

Meth does a lot of really negative things, including making a person paranoid in all kinds of ways. Scabies are god awful, and if you were doing meth and had them... I can't even imagine! Did you follow all the cleaning directions that come with a treating scabies? Your clothes, your bedding, etc. all need to be dried in HIGH heat, and all that jazz? That would be the first thing I would do in case of reinfection.

Meth cannot cause scabies. Years of meth use, never scabies. Grinding your teeth is not what gives you meth mouth- meth robs your body of calcium, your body takes it from your bones including your teeth. This causes meth mouth as well as less immediately noticeable bone related problems. Meth can also cause horrible skin problems, they will get worse the more you take it. Meth can cause people to imagine problems like scabies, splinters, lice, even broken bone.

Best advice- try coffee, ditch meth!

It sounds like your just not getting rid of the infection, or someone/something is causing you to become repeatedly infected.

Scabies does not occur from drug use and certainly not a side effect of IV drug use. Someone, or maybe even an animal, transmitted the scabies to you by touching your skin, and something or someone is likely reinfecting you. Do you have any pets?

I suppose it's also possible that you're not following the instructions from your medication properly. Or you might just be really unlucky and have some supermites that are now resistant to the medication. There are a lot possibilities.

I'm sorry if missed anything in your background info, but I only read your bold font questions.

I've never heard anything like this before.. I would think hard about any other situation you've been in where contracting scabies was actually feasible. I can't fathom how using meth would lead to scabies, other than being around unhygienic people when scoring or something...

scabies mites cannot jump or fly, so the only way they can be spread is by direct and prolonged physical contact.
so yeah, its either a pet or its someone you know/sleep with/get high with man.

The drug makes some people hallucinate like that thats why its so terrible. Based on what youve said i doubt you were ever infected in the first place. I know it must be highly enjoyable seeing as youre still using it even after that ordeal but yeah thats gonna keep happening and will get unbearable at one point when the diminished euphoria from the drug is outweighed by the stress and anxiety of countless situations like this. Sounds like you haven't been doing it for that long so just quit while youre ahead. Take 10 sober days and see if you still have this infection. If you cant do that then quite frankly you dont have what it takes to stop on your own and need some type of treatment. Hurts to hear i know tell me about it... i guarantee if you take 10 sober days you have a very high chance of this completely resolving. Sadly itll most likely happen again next time you use

He would have to have hallucinated seeing the doctor if it's just meth-induced psychosis, but that could possibly explain the infection coming back. I would just get it checked again.

Not necessarily. The vibe i got from his post was that he just started using IV & it could be that he ran out, this happened during the after effects, saw the dr with some semblance of normality and the dr, in an attempt to quell his worries actually cosigned his behavior and further usage. Just speculating. It could also be that he did contract it and cured of it, and now has that permanently fixated in his mind as something associated with meth use. If not this, itll be something else.. i dunno just my 2c.

He would have to have hallucinated seeing the doctor if it's just meth-induced psychosis, but that could possibly explain the infection coming back. I would just get it checked again.

Thank you for noticing this fact, I already mentioned I saw the doctor in the OP and the doctor confirmed it is scabies (I assume the other posters missed that line due to the length tho).

Guys I know it's common with meth, BUT I am 100% NOT hallucinating. Both the doctor and family members can see the HUGE red dots all over my body and I also have collected some of the dead mites I found on my bed in a plastic bag (to show the doctor when I go in next as I think it may be an insect other than scabies).

And like I said, I have not had ANY physical contact with other people in a long time (I am generally an extreme loner). I do not scratch myself on meth either (before this infection)

Not saying Meth directly CAUSED my infection, but in general given how much is known about it's toxicity, it's fair to say meth can considerably weaken one's immune system, so, assuming that part:

Personally, I think the only logical conclusion so far is that I probably already had the scabies mites in my living-environment (bedroom) from the past, and that perhaps my immune system was strong enough to prevent me from becoming infected, UNTIL I started using meth. As soon as I took a break from meth, the infection went away, and the exact day I started using again it came back.

Maybe my particular immune system just cannot handle meth.

Thank you for noticing this fact, I already mentioned I saw the doctor in the OP and the doctor confirmed it is scabies (I assume the other posters missed that line due to the length tho).

Guys I know it's common with meth, BUT I am 100% NOT hallucinating. Both the doctor and family members can see the HUGE red dots all over my body and I also have collected some of the dead mites I found on my bed in a plastic bag (to show the doctor when I go in next as I think it may be an insect other than scabies).

And like I said, I have not had ANY physical contact with other people in a long time (I am generally an extreme loner). I do not scratch myself on meth either (before this infection)

Not saying Meth directly CAUSED my infection, but in general given how much is known about it's toxicity, it's fair to say meth can considerably weaken one's immune system, so, assuming that part:

Personally, I think the only logical conclusion so far is that I probably already had the scabies mites in my living-environment (bedroom) from the past, and that perhaps my immune system was strong enough to prevent me from becoming infected, UNTIL I started using meth. As soon as I took a break from meth, the infection went away, and the exact day I started using again it came back.

Maybe my particular immune system just cannot handle meth.

This might sound odd, but your immune system has little to nothing to do with scabies. They're physically burrowing into your skin, so the inflammation (red splotches on your skin) is your bodies way of "fighting" them. It can't do anything to prevent infection, however, unless your skin is made of steel ;)

Have you had any contact with animals? Pets?

Maybe the red spots all over your body are from picking at the skin.. i know youre not gonna wanna hear this but what youre describing is a textbook scenario but lets focus on whats important here.

Whether they are imaginary or not, theyre real to you. What's the difference with whether its a hallucination or whether its an immune issue? The only thing i can think of is that perhaps you have assumed that if its an immune issue, you can take some med and keep using. Based on that assumption, that would ring true if its a hallucination as well. In either case if you stop then itll be resolved. Not sure what else you want us to tell you, sadly there is no quick fix like 'do this and this and you can keep using with no health issue' Sadly this is not the case... just because youre convinced something is true doesnt mean youre correct even if all evidence points to it being true.

Heres what i consider the best advice. Stop using for 10 days. If/when you use it again, use a lower dose. If it still happens, wait 30 days and again, use a lower dose. Whether its due to an immune system issue or if its a hallucination, you will get your answer asto if its the meth causing it or something else.

All the best

Maybe the red spots all over your body are from picking at the skin.. i know youre not gonna wanna hear this but what youre describing is a textbook scenario but lets focus on whats important here.

Whether they are imaginary or not, theyre real to you. What's the difference with whether its a hallucination or whether its an immune issue? The only thing i can think of is that perhaps you have assumed that if its an immune issue, you can take some med and keep using. Based on that assumption, that would ring true if its a hallucination as well. In either case if you stop then itll be resolved. Not sure what else you want us to tell you, sadly there is no quick fix like 'do this and this and you can keep using with no health issue' Sadly this is not the case... just because youre convinced something is true doesnt mean youre correct even if all evidence points to it being true.

Heres what i consider the best advice. Stop using for 10 days. If/when you use it again, use a lower dose. If it still happens, wait 30 days and again, use a lower dose. Whether its due to an immune system issue or if its a hallucination, you will get your answer asto if its the meth causing it or something else.

All the best

He sounds coherent enough in his posts that I highly doubt he hallucinated a trip to the doctor. I wouldn't rule out the second outbreak to psychosis, hell I'd even be paranoid sober if I had scabies, but it sounds to me like his outbreak was real.

A second trip to the doctor should solve the problem, assuming the doctor you see isn't a figment of your imagination ;)