• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

URGENT DRUG INTERACTION CHECK

dandypandy

Bluelighter
Hi guys ive tried Google but nothing come up.

Im on methadone 50mg a day
Quetiapine 50mg a night but i only take sometimes
Xanax ksaol 1mg but sometimes takw up to 3mg to 5mg on odd occasion normally twice a week ill use the xanax

Anyway ive just been dentist and i got a infection and been preaceobed metronidazole 400mg now i know alcahol is a big no no with these but what about any interactions with my other medication?? The methadone . Quetiapine and xanax also i have diazepam in my medicine cabinet too and im a reguar welll was regular herion user too now its only once a week on a pay day that i use.

Can anyone see any interactions??

Thanls in advance guys. Finally singed up to this site after over 6 years of lurking !!

Dandy

It’s an antibiotic, it shouldn’t be an issue. Does your dentist not know your prescribing history?

It’s an antibiotic, it shouldn’t be an issue. Does your dentist not know your prescribing history?
The dentist knew about the methadone and quetiapine. They are both legit scripted. The xanax is not i get thst by other means.

Whats your drug of choice PrincessDiz??

I just did a check on that Google thing where you type in each medication your on and nothing bad came up

Apart from the already known between methadone and xanax..... respiratory depression hence i take sparingly and the xanax only twice per week

Ans the quetiapinr and methadone increases likelihood of prolonged QT in your heart.

But i knew all of that..

The antobiotic didnt add anything bad

Thanks

The dentist knew about the methadone and quetiapine. They are both legit scripted. The xanax is not i get thst by other means.

Whats your drug of choice PrincessDiz??

I just did a check on that Google thing where you type in each medication your on and nothing bad came up

Apart from the already known between methadone and xanax..... respiratory depression hence i take sparingly and the xanax only twice per week

Ans the quetiapinr and methadone increases likelihood of prolonged QT in your heart.

But i knew all of that..

The antobiotic didnt add anything bad

Thanks
Well if he knew you were on them he wouldn’t have prescribed it had there been an interaction.

I don’t have a DOC now, I did when I was young, ket, mdma, mda, coke. I have a lot of experience with opioids/opiates and prescription meds due to being a chronic pain patient.

I know that some antibiotics "lower" the potency of some opioids.

This is a good site to check for drug interactions man: https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB00333

According to that website, the methadone / metronidazole interaction says: "The risk or severity of QTc prolongation can be increased when Metronidazole is combined with Methadone."

I know that some antibiotics "lower" the potency of some opioids.

This is a good site to check for drug interactions man: https://go.drugbank.com/drugs/DB00333

According to that website, the methadone / metronidazole interaction says: "The risk or severity of QTc prolongation can be increased when Metronidazole is combined with Methadone."
Hi thanks for ypur reply yes that what i was worried about. I need to get a ECG done anyway to be safe as in the past ive had palpitations and mentioned something about the interverals.

Also i tale quetiapine whixh increases the chance of prolong qt thing along with methadone so might just knock the quetiapine on the head till the antobiotics are done..

Thanks guys. Im going to start the metroniadzole now as i have a abscess in my mouth so kinda got no choice.

Peace

Certain antibiotics can definitely interact and be dangerous. Just read a story of a guy who died after codeine and an antibiotic due to cyp inhibition

Certain antibiotics can definitely interact and be dangerous. Just read a story of a guy who died after codeine and an antibiotic due to cyp inhibition

So is that website a good checj. So not too much to worry about with methadone and metroniadazole. Ill lay off the quetiapine till the course of anti botics are finished. And only take xanax twice a week so ill stop thst till done too

Hi guys ive tried Google but nothing come up.

Im on methadone 50mg a day
Quetiapine 50mg a night but i only take sometimes
Xanax ksaol 1mg but sometimes takw up to 3mg to 5mg on odd occasion normally twice a week ill use the xanax

Anyway ive just been dentist and i got a infection and been preaceobed metronidazole 400mg now i know alcahol is a big no no with these but what about any interactions with my other medication?? The methadone . Quetiapine and xanax also i have diazepam in my medicine cabinet too and im a reguar welll was regular herion user too now its only once a week on a pay day that i use.

Can anyone see any interactions??

Thanls in advance guys. Finally singed up to this site after over 6 years of lurking !!

Dandy
Just to but this out there, there are some antibiotics, mainly ones used IV during surgeries, than can actually displace "some" of the benzodiazepines from their PAM binding sights. Usually these doses are far and above what what be used in an oral dose of these same antibiotics.