• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Upregulating dopamine?

A lot of classes of dopamine releasers outside of the amphetamine structural type are superior in terms of having less neurotoxicity. 2-Aminoindane for example is one. 4-Methylaminorex, an oxazoline, even has a longer duration of action than methamphetamine and is considered less neurotoxic than the amphetamine class.

Yeah, I really don't understand why they don't have other stimulants available. As you were saying they are far less nuerotoxic and seem to be as effective if not better, I'm mainly referring to 4-Methylaminorex. Any reasons?

Yeah, I really don't understand why they don't have other stimulants available. As you were saying they are far less nuerotoxic and seem to be as effective if not better, I'm mainly referring to 4-Methylaminorex. Any reasons?

Because there are no patents available for the Pharm companies to make the moolah

In my experience 4-MAR doesn't last quite as long as methamphetamine. YMMV. Actually they are really close but Meth leaves the body feeling cracked out for longer, where 4-MAR is a smoother come down, so it seems like you reach something very close to baseline a bit sooner.

YMMV. Depending on dose, purity, and MOA as well.

90% of methamphetamine is excreted unmetabolized so it stands to reason that if 4-MAR was more often excreted entirely unmetabolized that very little subjective difference would be noticed as to duration. Due to simply the time it takes for the body to excrete any given compound.