Uploading images

upload to a 3rd party site such as imgbb.com or imgur.com

click the image icon (next to smiley icon) and link the image address
Why is it that when I click the image icon(or any other icon for that matter) nothing happens? It used to work for me just fine now all of those icons are not bold and can’t be used??

Why is it that when I click the image icon(or any other icon for that matter) nothing happens? It used to work for me just fine now all of those icons are not bold and can’t be used??
For me it still works. Are you using a restrictive ad blocker or similar maybe?

Are you on phone or computer?

Okay I tried it on Safari and it works.For some reason it doesn’t work anymore for menon google chrome. I’m on a phone.

Okay I tried it on Safari and it works.For some reason it doesn’t work anymore for menon google chrome. I’m on a phone.
I sometimes get weird errors on BL using chrome on android, I just have to reload the chrome app and it works again

There are probably infinite ways to do many things now with all different os situ's.
And back on topic also, it's more like an insert as TLB posted !!
So what we do is to find (the) an app. that will host into the insert image (format button) !!

The network or app. can copy and paste it into the image insert Option ! png, jpeg, ect

I still can't make head or tails of this. Also I have no idea how to only upload the specific pictures I want to send to one of those hosting sites. I don't want literally my entire picture file to end up there because some of it is definitely not for public consumption!

@TheUltimateFixx
Hey I used imgur app.
Download the app make you a little profile it only took a few minutes.
Click the plus sign and click one picture or multiples then hit upload
After that click view
Then hold down on image and copy url hyperlink
then post the link in comment and preview before loading.

I dont fucking get any of it. I try all the html and bbcode and whatever, and none of the codes is, not in the least, self-descriptive, I dont get the fuck about is all the html and bbcode, I dont get any of it, never has. None of it works today. Sometimes it gives normal error, sometimes "oops! We ran into some problems..." I have succeeded previously to upload images.

What free site and what link-option I am supposed to choose to upload pic? To try any of them and figure out am I just choosing badly or is the site just malfunctioning?

I dont fucking get any of it. I try all the html and bbcode and whatever, and none of the codes is, not in the least, self-descriptive, I dont get the fuck about is all the html and bbcode, I dont get any of it, never has. None of it works today. Sometimes it gives normal error, sometimes "oops! We ran into some problems..." I have succeeded previously to upload images.

What free site and what link-option I am supposed to choose to upload pic? To try any of them and figure out am I just choosing badly or is the site just malfunctioning?
Hey there. I personally use imgbb.com to host my photos. Upload then save then when you are prompted for a method of attaching, I use the "Direct Link" option and click Copy. It automatically copies the link to your clipboard. Then go into the Bluelight post and click on the landscape button between the link and smilie buttons and paste the copied link. Easy peezy!

Just upload to imgur, hidden or public doesn't matter. Then you'll get the option to view what you just posted. Literally just copy and paste the permalink of the picture into the text box where you would normally type. Voila. It's a pain I know but the server couldn't possibly handle hosting all these images and still function.

Forum with own gallery is privilege, not right. I just don't get any of it and while I don't, I get simultaneously confused and overwhelmed by all imaginable cognitions.

Can you embed pics with transparent background? Everytime I try to load a pic with the insert image button it says 'image cannot be loaded from the passed link.' I'm using imgur. It works when I use the insert link button only.

Not a big deal, I was just wondering if there was a way to embed it. Sorry for the newb post.. What's the best image hosting site to use?